Shattered

Winter Night

Somehow Miyoung felt like she did not want to let Jiyong when he hugged her like that. But the she could not accept the painful reality. Jiyong did cheat on her, she just couldn't bear it anymore. "Please let me go Jiyong." Miyoung's tears couldn't stop. "I won't. Don't leave Miyoung. I was wrong, I won't see that woman anymore. So please, give me another chance." 

"You have your chance. Let her go." Jiwon pushed Jiyong and pulled Miyoung from him. "You hurt her. You cheated on her. You never cherished her!" Jiwon laid a punch on Jiyong's face. "You jerk! You never know how much she suffers from it. You  never there when she needed you! I was there! I comforted her." Jiyong stood up and gave a punch also on Jiwon's. "Who said I never cherish her! I LOVE HER!" 

"PLEASE STOP YOU TWO!" Miyoung stopped the fight before it got worse. "Jiwon. Let's go." Miyoung grabbed Jiwon's hand and they went out from the park. But when they was about to cross the street, Jiyong suddenly grabbed Miyoung. 

"Listen to me first Miyoung. I need to tell you something. I know was wrong but I did that for some reasons that I can't explain. Please, just listen." 

"I don't want to listen to what you say. Just please!" 

"She said she didn't want to you jerk!" And then Jiyong and Jiwon started to fight each other again. Miyoung tried to saperated their fight but, she was pushed away to the middle of the street and then a truck came and hit her. 

The driver went out from his truck. He looked drunk and scared. He walked towards Miyoung's body. Jiyong and Jiwon also ran towards Miyoung's body. Her head was bleeding. The blood wouldn't stop. "Ya lady, wake up. Oh My. What have I done?" The truck driver looked very scared and worried. While Jiwon hold her body "Ya Miyoung-ah! Wake up. Please." 

They brought Miyoung to the hospital. 

"PLEASE HELP!" Jiwon screamed at the hospital while holding Miyoung in his arms. The nurses and doctors immediately put Miyoung on the bed and rushed her into the ER room. Three of them waited outside the room. Jiyong temper raised and grabbed the truck driver's collar. "THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU!" "I'm really sorry mister." The truck driver's voice was trembling. Jiyong wanted to punch him but he put his fist down and released the truck driver. 

Few moments afterwards, the doctor came out from the ER. "How is she doctor?" Jiwon rushed and asked the doctor. 

"She is indeed in critical condition. She lost a lot of blood. And she may get amnesia. And she will not able to walk anymore."

"Is there anything more you can do to help her doctor? Please. Heal her!" Jiwon begged. "All we need is blood tranfusion now. Any of you has O- blood type?" "I'm O-! Use my blood doc!" "Well then, come with me." Jiyong went with the doctor. 

The blood tranfusion was done. The truck driver was sent to the police station. Both of them didn't care about anything anymore except for Miyoung. Miyoung's parents and little sister came to the hospital. Jiyong and Jiwon waited outside with Miyoung's little sister while her parents waited inside the room. They all waited for Miyoung to wake up. 

After a week, Miyoung finally woke up. She opened her eyes and she saw an old woman sitting beside her bed while closing her eyes. Miyoung recognize the old woman face. It's her mother. "Mom?" Miyoung's mother startled. Her face looked happy. "I'm here dear." Her mom hugged her. "Where's Jiwon, mom?" "I'll call him for you okay?" Miyoung's mom went outside. 

When Jiwon came inside the room, he felt releaved. Tears came out from his eyes and he hugged her immeadiately. "Thank God you're awake! I thought you'll never wake up Miyoung-ah! And thank God you didn't suffer with amnesia." 

"Yeah. Thank God." Miyoung smiled. But then, Miyoung felt something unusual. She wanted to move her legs but she couldn't. "Mom, Jiwon, why can I move my legs?" She panicked. Her mother's face and Jiwon's face was suddenly turned gloomy. "Why you guys don't say anything? What happen to my legs?!" 

"Your legs are paralyzed honey. From waist to down." Miyoung's mom started to cry. "Liar! It can't be! Jiwon? Tell me it's not true?!" "I'm sorry Miyoung." Miyoung cried and cried. But there was nothing she could do. She couldn't walk anymore. 

Miyoung cried for hours and then she stopped. Jiwon was still there, sleeping on the chair. "Jiwon-ah." Jiwon startled and woke up. "Yes? What is it? Do you need anything?" 

"When can I go home?" 

"I don't know for sure but the doctor said they still need to check your body after you woke up. Some kind of test. They wanted to make sure there was no organs or something damage or things." 

Miyoung didn't reply for few seconds. And then "Jiwon. Can you take me outside? I want to get fresh air."

Jiwon took Miyoung for a walk with a wheel chair at hospital's park. "So, what happen to Jiyong, Jiwon?" 

"He is okay. He came here two days ago. But I'm not sure if he will come today. Why you ask?" 

"Nothing. I'm just curious." 

"You know? He did help you, you know. He gave his blood to you when you lost so much blood." 

"I see. I think I need to thank him later." 

"It sitting in this wheel chair." Jiwon didn't say anything. But then, Jiwon saw Jiyong from a far, he was walking towards them. "Jiyong's is coming here Miyoung." 

"I can see him. I'm paralyzed not blind." 

Jiyong came to them. He brought flowers. "I heard you already woke up. How do you feel?" 

"Useless." Miyoung turned her head aside. "I guess you still hate me. That's okay. I came here just to see if you are fine."

"Thanks." Miyoung mumbled. "Sorry?" Jiyong couldn't hear what Miyoung said. "I said thanks. Thanks for the tranfusion blood thingy" "You don't have to thank me. It's obvious for me to do....."

Before Jiyong could finish his sentence, Jiwon intefere "You should go now." 

"I guess I should go. I'm sorry Miyoung-ah" Jiyong left both of them. Without realizing, Miyoung's tears fell on her cheeks. Jiwon saw it, he kneeled in front of her and wiped her tears. "I'm here Miyoung. It's okay." 

"I know." Miyoung decided this will be the last time she cried because of Jiyong. She should be grateful because Jiwon was there with her, didn't leave her eventhough her condition was like that. 

"We should go back now Miyoung."

"Yeah." But then, Miyoung suddenly vomit. Blood came out from , she felt out of breath. 

"MIYOUNG? WHAT HAPPEN? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! NURSE!"

Miyoung's sight was blurry, she felt like she was dying. She could see the nurse and Jiwon. Everything seemed blury. She wanted to close her eyes, but the nurse kept calling her name. She felt tired. She knew she was dying. Before that, she saw all her memories. Her memories with Jiyong and also with Jiwon. Her childhood memories with her parents and her little sister. And then, she closed her eyes. 

Everybody waited outside the ER room. Miyoung's parents, little sister, Jiwon, even Jiyong. The doctor came out "I'm sorry. She is gone." 

Everybody burst into tears. 


Few years after that, a man with a little girl visits a grave. "Daddy. Why are we here?" The little girl asked. "Daddy is visiting a friend. A very special friend." "Why is daddy's friend inside a rock?" 

And the man looked towards his daughter, "She is in deep, deep, sleep Miyoung." 

The little girl saw the grave with her confused face. Her dad asked "Miyoung, can you read the name on the grave?" 

"It's..... It's Mi.... Min.... Ah! Miyoung! Is that her name daddy? It's the same like me!" 

"Yes it is, honey." 

A lady with brown hair and fair skin came towards the man and his daughter. 

"Mommy!" The little girl run towards the woman. "Miyoung-ah!" She hold her in her arms. 

"Mommy, my name is the same as daddy's friend who is sleeping in the rock?" 

"Is it? Hahaha. It's not a rock honey, it's a grave." 

"Are you done, Jiwon?" The woman said to the man. 

"Yes. Let's go home." Jiwon smiled at the grave. Eventhough he already has a family on his own, he will never forget Miyoung. He will always kept her inside his heart.