Winter Night

Winter Night

She sat there on the bench in the park at night looking up to the night sky. And suddenly, tears fall down to her cheeks. She started sobbing. Her nose turned red, her face started to get puffy. All she could think of was how to stop crying but she cried even harder.

She stood up from the park bench and walk with tears still falling down from her eyes. She walked without knowing where to go and the next thing she felt was her clothes getting wet and cold. Then she realized she went into the river. She thought "Maybe I should die so he would....." and suddenly she felt someone grabbed her arm and yell at her "What the hell are you doing?! Are you crazy?! You could've drowned and died!" A guy with dark brown hair and narrow eyes stared at her with angry face. "Ya! Park Miyoung!" "Jiwon-ah........." She started crying and now even harder. Jiwon hugged her tightly and pat her head. "It's okay now. Ssshh.... I'm here. Stop crying okay?" His voice was really calming and made her cried less.

The next day, she woke up in Jiwon's bedroom with Jiwon's oversized shirt. "You awake now." A husky voice came from accross the bed. Jiwon smiled at her. "Of course I'm awake. Can people sleep with their eyes open?"
"That sharp tounge as always."
"Where is my clothes? I need to go now. Jiyong must've been worried about me."

There's few seconds of silence.
"You still with him?" Jiwon's expression turned serious.
"Yes. I can't leave him."
"Even after everything he put you through? Even after tonight you tried to drown yourself?"
She didn't say anything and just get up from the bed and went to find her clothes.
Jiwon grabbed her hand. "I'm always here for you. You know that Miyoung. I won't hurt you like that jerk."
"Let go, Jiwon."
"Leave that bastard and be with me. I lov....." Before Jiwon could finish his sentence, she said "Please. I can't. I love him."
Jiwon let go of her hand. "It's on the table in the living room."
"Thanks."

Miyoung went back to her apartment and Jiyong's. When she came in, Jiyong was sitting there waiting for her with worried expression. Jiyong ran and hugged her. "Where were you all night? I was worried about you, you know?"
She supposed to be happy but all she could feel was pain in her chest. She almost cried, her eyes was already teary but she hold it. "I slept at my mom's house."
"You should've call or text me." Jiyong pat her head.
"Yes. I'm sorry." She smiled but her smile was forced. She didn't have the courage to  say how she felt all this time.
"Come. I cook something for you. You probably haven't eaten yet right?"
"Yeah sure."

When they were eating, Jiyong was always on his phone. Who knows he was texting with. He laughed and smiled looking at his phone. "What is it?" She asked.
"Oh, nothing. It's just my friend. We just talking about funny things." Then suddenly his phone rings. "Excuse me for a minute babe." Jiyong left her eating alone. She noticed that Jiyong expression was different. It's not the expression that you made when talking with normal friend. She knew it's that girl. She could hear some words like babe or something.
"Miyoung, I'm sorry. I need to go. My friend has something up so I need to meet her. You okay being alone?"
"I'm okay" she smiled.
"Okay then. Bye babe." Jiyong kissed her forehead and left.

 

While sitting alone at the dining table, Miyoung was thinking about Jiwon's words. She knew Jiwon loved her very much but she couldn't left Jiyong. There was just something holding her from letting Jiyong go. Their memories.

Suddenly, someone called Miyoung's phone. It was Jiwon. She picked up "What is it?"
"Can we meet?"
"We just met this morning. I'm tired."
"Please"
Miyoung didn't say anything for a moment.
"Miyoung? Hello?"
"Fine." She replied
"Okay. Meet me at Cafe G?"
"Sure. See you."

Miyoung arrived at the place Jiwon's mention. She couldn't find Jiwon anywhere. "That kid. He's late."
And suddenly, she saw Jiyong with the that girl. They were kissing.
"Hey, Miyoung. I'm sorry I was late."
Jiwon just arrived and he also saw what Miyoung saw.
"Let's go. Leave"
Miyoung pull Jiwon's hand and left the place.

"Miyoung. Slow down."
Miyoung walked without even bothering what Jiwon said.
"Park Miyoung!"
She stopped and turned her back.
Jiwon saw her crying. He hugged her immediately. "I can't take it anymore, Jiwon." He hugged her tightly. "Leave him. Stay with me." She just cried and cried.
Miyoung decided that was enough. She couldn't take it anymore.
She went back to her and Jiyong's apartment and packed her bags. She was leaving, everything.
"That's it? Nothing more you want to take with?" Jiwon asked her.
"No. This is all."
She and Jiwon left the apartment.
Before leaving, Miyoung turned her back and saw her apartment with Jiyong for the last time. She said "This time, I won't come back." And she left.