Broken Glass

Winter Night

Miyoung woke up the next morning, she still felt something missing inside her but when she turned her head right she could see someone. Someone she knew would never leave her or hurt her, and would treat her right. Yes, it’s Jiwon. She storked his hair then stared at his sleeping face. “Why do you stop?” Jiwon was awake this whole time. He then opened his narrow eyes which was look like he still closed his eyes. “Please do continue. Don’t mind me.” Then he closed his eyes again pretending to sleep. “You spoil kid. I don’t like it if that person is already awake.” Miyoung smiled, this time she smiled from her heart. “Then consider I’m sleeping this time.” Jiwon held Miyoung’s hand and put it on his head. “Spoil kid. Let’s wake up now. I’ll make you breakfast.” Miyoung got up from bed but before she could do that, Jiwon hugged her. “Let’s just sleep for 5 minutes. I want to stay like this with you a little longer.”

“Hey, Jiwon. Do you really love me?”

Jiwon opened his eyes and looked at her with his typicall eye smile. “Yes. I love you Park Miyoung.” Then he kissed her forehead and back to sleep hugging. Miyoung felt save in Jiwon’s arms. She wanted to learn how to love Jiwon like he loved Jiyong.

Noisy sound woke both of them. It’s Miyoung’s phone. “Ya Park Miyoung, get that phone. It’s so noisy.” Jiwon covered his head with pillow. “Okay, okay. Geez.” Miyoung took her phone from the table beside the bed but when she looked, it was Jiyong who called. “Miyoung. Plese pick it up. It’s annoying. Who is it anyway?”

“Sorry. It’s my mom. Excuse me.”

Miyoung went outside Jiwon’s room and answered Jiyong’s call.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Miyoung-ah! Where are you? You’re gone again. I’m worried sick about you. Are you at your  mom’s house again?”

“No. I’m at Jiwon’s.”

“What? Jiwon? The Kim Jiwon your friend from high school? What are you doing there? Are you cheating on me?”

Miyoung really wanted to yell at him but she couldn’t cause she was scared Jiwon would notice. “Let’s not talk this on the phone. Meet me at our usual place in 1 hour.” Then she hung up.

“You and your mom usual place? I didn’t know you have that kinda place with your mom.” Jiwon was standing behind Miyoung this whole time. He listened all of her conversation. “You with your mom’s place or Jiyong’s?”

Miyoung’s expression turned anxious. “What are you saying? Haha. Of course with my mom. So please can you step aside. I want to get change.” But Jiwon pulled her hand before she could enter. “It’s Jiyong, right? You still wanna go back to him?” Jiwon’s expression turned serious. “It’s not like that. I just want to tell him that…” “TELL WHAT? THAT YOU FORGIVE HIM FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE TO YOU? THAT YOU STILL LOVE HIM? IS THAT IT?!” That was the first time Jiwon got mad like that. He never do that to Miyoung ever. “Tell that I’m leaving him! Now if you excuse me, let go of my hand. You’re hurting me.”

Miyoung went to the her usual place when she was still with Jiyong, the park. The place where she cried and almost drowned herself at the river. She saw Jiyong was sitting there on the bench where they spent their time.

“You’re here.”

“Yes. Now. Explain everything to me Miyoung. Why do you spent night at Jiwon’s place?!”

Her eyes started to get teary. “I’m leaving you.” “WHAT? Miyong? Are you not in your right mind? What happen? Do you really cheat on me? Leaving me for him?!” Jiyong grabbed both Miyong’s arms. “You’re not serious are you? You just mad because I was busy lately and didn’t have time for you. Right?” Jiyong couldn’t believe the reality. They’ve been dating like forever. They knew each other since 1st grade of elementary school.

“No, I’m not. I know what you did to me Jiyong. I know you’ve been seeing that girl for months. I just can’t say it. I bear this whole time. I thought maybe you guys were only friends but I guess I was wrong.” Jiyong couldn’t answer at all. He just sat there quietly. “I take your silence as a yes. I’m going.” But Miyong’s most unwanted thing happen, Jiyong stopped her from going. He held her hand. “Kajima….. Mianhae Miyoung-ah. Don’t leave me.”  She burst into tears. She thought that Jiyong wouldn’t stop her and let her go. But she have decided her mind. “Gomaweo Jiyong-ah. Thank you for this whole time. Please let me go.” “I won’t.” Jiyong hugged her from behind but sadly, Jiwon saw it.