001

Mint Seduction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I come into this library a lot to get away from the noise that this stupid city brings. There’s not a second that goes by that I don’t hear some ambulance or police car’s silens going off. Every morning when I put the new on, something else has happened in the night. So much destruction in the world makes you think if there is anything that is good anymore.

 

That’s why I come to the library. The peace and quiet sooths me. I came in so often that the old librarian, Ms Gae, here actually offered me a job. Hell it’s better than working at that failing fast food restaurant I was working previously. At least it’s somewhat clean here. Well besides some dusty books here and there.

 

Ms Gae, well she wasn’t the nicest librarian around. She loved her books and hated to see them mistreated. This old little lady was the only thing keeping this library alive. She once told me she would sell her soul to save this place. Honestly, I think she might already have done just that. This place barely sees that much business, and when it does it is usually just some college kids hoping to find some books for their research papers.

 

So now I come to work and even on my off days I find myself here. Like today for example. I brought my laptop and some coffee and have been sitting here in my corner just looking at some new books and writing. What do I write about you ask? Well normally this. Just me typing my thoughts. That’s the only why I get any relief from the insanity outside in my normal life. People say writing is therapeutic and I couldn’t agree with them more.

 

The only day I dread is Sundays. Sundays the library isn’t open. So that day I am forced to either stay home or just go out and have to listen to the world's nonsense once again.

 

“Jiyoon,” I looked up to see Ms Gae pulling a chart around putting away books. “Why are you here on your off day? Why can’t you be a normal girl and go out on a date with a boy?”

 

“Oh you can see me dating can you?” I sarcastically laugh back at her.

 

“Well if you maybe clean yourself once in awhile.” She said while hitting the top of my bird nest of a hair that i pulled up in a bun.

 

“Aish..” I moved my head away from her. “I just wanted to get some writing done.”

 

“And what are you writing Jiyoon?” She peaked over my shoulder. “Just your thoughts again?” I close my computer.

 

“I write more than that ahjumma.” I frowned at her.

 

“And when will I get to read it?” She raised an eyebrow at me. When I hesitated she just chuckled. “Oh calm down Jiyoon. I just feel like all that work you out in your must want someone to read it.” She smiled and patted my head. Ms Gae really isn’t the bad person people talk about all the time. She has an amazing heart and well hells he puts up with me and that’s a challenge in itself.

 

I spent the rest of the evening just helping Ms Gae do the rest of the work. She tried to pay me for today but I told her that it was for the love of this library that I am doing this. She then gushes how grateful she is to have me here with her and I knew most of that stuff was just sarcastic because she began to talk about how much I annoy the out of her.

 

8 o’clock came around and I was packing up my stuff. That’s when I heard the doorbell chime as someone was walking in. I began to say we were closed but I heard Ms Gae scream.

 

“AHHH MIN YOONGI!” I heard her run, or what she calls running, to the front.I leaned around a bookshelf and saw this bright mint green hair boy hugging Ms Gae. He was a bit short from the boys I see out in the street but taller than I was and definitely taller than Ms Gae. His back was turn to me so I couldn’t see his face.

 

“Ahjumma how have you been?” He’s voice was very, well very intriguing. It wasn’t deep but it was deeper than some boys I know.

 

“Oh you know me books books books.” She laughed and petted his head. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Ms Gae like this with anyone other than me. Well I’m here now almost 24/7 so I would have seen him if she knew him this well.

 

“Still over doing it I see?” He laughs and turns to lock the door.

 

“Oh wait don’t lock it,” Ms Gae moves to unlock it again. She turned in my direction but before she saw me I ducked behind the bookshelf again. “Jiyoon! Are you still here?”

 

“Oh, yes ahjumma! I was just getting my things together. I’m leaving now.” But before I could gather everything up and dip out the back, Ms Gae came to me.

 

“Oh good you are still here. Come meet Yoongi.” She waved over to the min haired boy to come over. “Come here and meet Jiyoon!” She smiled. I sighed and sat my things back down. I honestly don’t want to be meeting people when I am dressed like this. I mean, my hair is in a messy knot, I have a oversized sweatshirt on and my glasses with no make up.

 

“Who?” Then that’s when I saw his face for the first time. He had these lovely pair of dark half moon eyes I think I’ve ever seen. He smiled and bowed when he saw me. I bowed in return. His smile was peculiar as well. Nothing really bad about it, but when he smiles his eyes squint and it honestly just makes me blush. Ms Gae was looking back at me and to Yoongi and was just smirking.

“This is Jiyoon, my resident rat here.”

 

“Yah!” I looked at her shocked and she just laughed which made Yoongi laugh as well. I blushed once more.

 

“No she works here with me and on her off days likes to come in as a rat and stay here during the day and write.” Ms Gae smiles.

 

“Write?” The mint green hair boy looked back at me with raised eyebrows. “You write?” I nodded beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter