New Start

Can You Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taehyung POV]

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Breath, Taehyung breath.

It’s just the first day of school for god’s sake, I need to stop freaking out. It’s not even like I won’t know anybody there! Jimin will be there, and that Jungkook kid too. Hell, Jimin even said he’d introduce me to his friends! There’s literally no reason for me to be freaking out this much.

I slapped my cheeks with both hands and glared at myself in the mirror. I tore my black T-shirt off, deciding that something looser would make a better first impression, throwing it somewhere to my left. I paused, looking at my torso riddled with tattoos, all chosen myself sense my soulmate’s never gotten one themselves. I let my hands brush over a few of them, tracing the patterns from my ribs down to the next set near my navel. Most of these were meaningless, just something I though looked interesting, though I few actually meant a lot. I twisted my body, back cracking in the process as I tried to look at the single tattered wing on my left shoulder blade. I heaved a heavy sigh returning to a normal posture giving another survey of myself. I cringed slightly seeing my right bicep was still red from my most recent trip to the tattoo parlor.

“Maybe the day before my first day of school wasn’t such a good idea.” I thought reading over it again.

The dark ink of the small letters standing boldly against the reddening skin. The letters swooped, small cursive letters swooping together forming two simple words “No Future” it read. I shook my head as I turned to my closet pulling out I black button up shirt, it was too formal but maybe if I add a sweater over top it might just work out. I grabbed the first one I could find in my closet, being overflowing with random articles of clothes.

I had just finished fixing my collar over the red sweater I found when my mom walked in holding a laundry basket.

“Mom!” I whined “Can you knock before entering please?”

“What the-Taehyung!” She frowned at me “I thought you left like twenty minutes ago”

“Why would you think that?”

“Because otherwise you would be- Taehyung!” She squeaked “You’re late! You’re really late!”

“I’m what?” I gasped as I turned my head to the clock across the room. 7:58. “!”

I faintly heard her call after me to watch my language as I raced down the stairs, grabbing my bag on the bottom step. I quickly apologized before sprinting out the door, running straight toward the school. Thank god I only lived like two blocks away… wow, that’s something I’d never thought I’d say about school.

--

I arrived to the principal’s office ten minutes late for school, breathless and my nicely styled hair a complete and utter mess. Well, so much for the good first impression.

 “Um…Excuse me?” I coughed as the lady at the front desk raised her eyebrow at me. “I-uh I’m new starting today… I was told to come here before my class?”

“Name?” she asked putting the papers she was holding down

“Kim Taehyung.”

“Are you aware that you’re ten minutes late Mr. Kim?” she asked typing something into the computer in front of her.

“Yeah.” I sighed “Sorry about that.”

“No matter” She frowned as something printed behind her “Wait here for a minute.”

She left me there standing awkwardly as she went into the room next to ours. I could hear her and a man speaking, I assumed about me, and I strained my ears to hear. I could only hear my name over the muffling door. It was over a minute I don’t know what she was talking about, I feel a little offended.  She finally came out, still frowning at me I might add, and handed my what had printed earlier.

“This is your class schedule” she drawled “Though really you’re just staying in the same class room all day and the teacher is changing.

“Oh, ok” I nodded “Thank you.”

“Sit there and wait for a moment and the principal will take you to your class.” She said pointing over to a chair a few feet away.

I nodded again moving to sit. I couldn’t help but to fidget from nervousness. I’ve never been good at first days. I saw the woman frown at me from the corner of my eye, I could tell she was already annoyed with me. Just as I was about to ask what her problem was a man, who looked just a little younger than thirty walked out and greeted me with a grin. This must be the guy Jimin insisted looked like an older version of me.

“Kim Taehyung?” he asked grin ever present

“Y-Yes sir!” I stood bowing slightly.

“I’m Jung Daehyun.” He introduced himself reaching his hand out “Though I guess you should probably call me Mr. Jung sense I am your principal.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Jung” I smiled shaking his hand.

“You know you’re like, really late right?” I could tell he was mostly joking as he led me away from the office.

“Sorry” I sighed

“I’m probably the only person in the world who thinks this but, It’s ok to be late sometimes.”

“What kinda principal are you?” I laughed

“The kind that likes to emphasize the pal in principal” He grinned as I rolled my eyes. “But your teacher wont appreciate it very much so I don’t recommend it.”

“Fair enough.”

“So do you need me to assign a student to show you around the school?” Mr. Jung asked me as he absentmindedly looked into a classroom

I hummed for a moment side eyeing him.

“I actually have a good friend that goes here and he told he’d show me around.” I smiled

“Ah really? What’s his name?”

“Park Jimin?”

I watched him his head to the side exposing a tattoo peeking over the top of his collared shirt.

“Wait!” His head snapped to look at me “That’s the little jerk that put red food coloring into a bunch of filters and put them into the drinking fountains around school!”

“Yeah…” I sighed remembering Jimin’s grinning face when he told me about how he got a month’s worth of detentions saying it was totally worth it. “That’d be him.”

“He looked so happy when I gave him detention…” he frowned pausing for a moment looking at a classroom number “Why can’t I find your classroom? What the hell, I’m the principal for s sake.”

“I’m in class 9B” I said looking down at the paper I was handed earlier.

“Well that explains why I can’t find it!” He huffed turning around and walking the way we just came “that’s on the second floor, no wonder, we’re on the first.”

I chuckled as I followed him. I could see more tattoos peeking up over his shirt collar. Aannnd he saw me staring, why am I so bad at this?

“If you’re wondering why I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter