comics [sehun]

ephemeral | one-shot request shop

 

Comics______________________________

 

There was an odd scratching sound at Soojung’s window.

It sounded like the annoying sound of nails on a chalkboard and it frightened the girl who was now sitting up in her bed. Her eyes were half open and she rubbed them as she squinted through the darkness, attempting to see what it was.

 

 

Through the darkness, she caught a glimpse of a tuft of blonde hair being reflected in the moonlight and she understood immediately.

 

 

There could only be one person in this whole town that would make their way to your window at three in the morning just to ask to read comic books with you, and that person was Oh Sehun – Soojung’s best friend since the age of six, and the current heartthrob of Seoul High School.

 

 

Soojung pushed the window open and the boy climbed in. He was much, much taller than Soojung, his shoulders are broad, and he had a head of blonde, fluffy hair. Soojung thought that that was his best feature – his blonde fluffy hair, but the girls of their school thought that it was his “gorgeous smile” or his “super-hot body”. Soojung always gagged when Sehun mentioned what they said about him to her, but he knew she secretly agreed with them. Soojung would never admit it though.

 

 

Sehun was wearing a grey hoodie with a pair of sweats. In his left hand, he held two comic books, and in his right, he held a twig.

Soojung motioned towards the twig and looked at him with a questioning expression. When the boy noticed, he threw it out the window, saying that he was scratching her window with it.

The shorter of the two nods, as if that made total sense. But that’s just one result of being such close friends with a guy like Oh Sehun.

 

 

The girl climbs back into her bed and Sehun lays down right next to her.

“I don’t get why you always come here, to my house, in the middle of the night. Don’t you have anything better to do?” she asks, irritated, and turns onto her side to get a better look at the book that Sehun held out above his head.

 

 

The two were laying down in Soojung’s bed (way too closely to each other, according to Soojung), but through the years, this distance (or lack thereof) became familiar to the girl and she was used to his scent – a mix of soap and something else she couldn’t quite put her finger on.

“Oh come on Soojung, you’re acting like you don’t look forward to this time of the night every Tuesday.”

Soojung thinks to herself and realizes that he’s right. Reading comic books together at 3 am on Wednesday mornings was something that she’s become so used to and has grown to love.

The small girl stays quiet and shifts a little in bed. Her eyes are glued to the page and the two are so close, she can feel his body heat radiating off of him.

 

 

Her eyes slide to the boy holding the book for the two of them to read.

She finds her fingers tangled in his blonde locks, petting him softly like she would to a small puppy, but he doesn’t mind. The corners of his mouth slide into a slight smile and he’s even more comfortable than he is in his own room now that he’s so close to his best friend.

Like Soojung, Sehun has grown used to Soojung’s scent – her strawberry shampoo, and vanilla-scented body lotion that she puts on every day.

Sehun shifts underneath the covers to move a little closer to her. He turns the page of the book.

 

 

The two have been best friends for a little over ten years, and Soojung doesn’t remember one secret that she’s ever kept from him.

 

 

Her eyes trace the side of his face – from his forehead, down to the tip of his nose, to the bottom of his chin, and then to his ridiculously sharp jawline.

 He’s extremely handsome (which makes people think that he’s a playboy sometimes) and he jokes around with others a lot, but Soojung knows that he’s a genuine person. His grades are excellent, but Soojung knows that it’s because he values getting a good education in order to put a smile on his mother’s face.

She remembers that he stole five of her blue pencils in the eighth grade and her 12-pack of Crayola markers the year before. Soojung hit him until he returned them, and slapped him even more when she realized that he only returned 11 of the 12 markers in her box, with his favorite color, red, missing from the pack.

 

 

 She also knows that he stole her heart, but there’s nothing that she can do about that.

 

 

“Sehun-ah,” Soojung calls softly

“Mm?” Sehun asks and turns his head to look at her.

“I like you.” She confesses.

Sehun’s eyes widen, but they don’t lose sight of hers. “I know,” he says.

“No, I mean in a romantic way, not this best friend sort of way.”

“I know.”His eyes are still glued to hers.

“You know?”

“Yeah, I mean, I’m kind of irresistible, right?” he smirks

“So…I’m taking it as you don’t like me back, right?”

“Dude, did I make that face I usually make when I reject girls?”

“You mean that one where your face gets all contorted and your eyebrows get all funny?”

“Yeah…that one.”

“No…but what are you trying to say?”

Sehun bumps his forehead against hers, “I’m trying to say that I like you back too, stupid. Can’t believe you didn’t catch my hint…” With that, he turns away to look back at the comic book, trying to hide his blushing face.

Soojung’s mouth slides into a large smile as she stares at Sehun’s side profile.

 

 

“Soojung, I get that you like me, but the comic book is here, not on your boyfriend’s face.”

Soojung chuckles and snuggles in closer to him before directing her attention back to the book.  

 

_____________________

a sestal oneshot requested by GintaAnnix
     A/N: thanks for requesting! I hope you guys liked it! please request again! :))