Sticky Fingers.

All In A Day's Work

Leading the life of a normal high school student proved to be simple task. Nobody knew of him except those involved in the crime life, and the police never caught on as to who it was. The boy was extremely skilled in his craft, knowing not to leave traces or clues that could lead back to him. He didn't have a mother to live with either. So there was nothing holding him back from his lifestyle.

Zelo pulled a fry from Jeonghan's tray and popped it in his mouth. The other threw a straw at him. It landed on his face and fell to the table.

"Rude."

"Don't take my fries." Zelo smiled and got up when the bell rang. He held up a hand in goodbye and walked to his next class. The only reason he occasionally attended school and classes in general was to avoid suspicion from authority figures. Whether it be the board of education or the principle, he didn't want those who weren't of importance to dwell on his personal life. And if they were to track his absences and pair them along with days where robbery happened, they could find a correlation. But no one in charge was that smart.

The class he attended was a special education class. It was surprising he managed to make it into his senior year, but it wasn't like Zelo had time to study when he was too busy stealing from museums. Scratch that, museums were child's play. Now stealing from heavily guarded company facilities and sealed tight bank vaults - that was fun. 

Blue eyes scanned the room as the boy tuned out the lecture. He didn't care for paying attention. That was beyond him. His attention span was unfortunately quite low. That couldn't be said when it came to things he was interested in. It took a lot to interest Zelo, and when it was successful, he'd never let that one thing go until he was satisfied. His main interest in life so far was stealing, and he was definitely not satisfied.

With a hand a raised up he caught the professor's attention. "Junhong... you can wait until after I finish lecturing to ask whatever it is."

"You see," Zelo raised an eyebrow, a finger pointed towards the professor. "The time you just spent saying that could've been for answering me. That's your own fault." He paused, basking in the teacher's agitation and embarrassment. "Anyways, can I go to the bathroom?" She didn't say anything, just pointed towards the door and nodded. A smile formed on his lips and he stood coolly, taking in the googly eyes of boys and girls alike. As soon as he stepped out of the classroom, the cool front was gone.

"Free at last! What a bust that class was gonna be. I should just go home; they counted me as present anyways." Zelo thought it over and agreed with himself that he'd sneak out like always. On his way to the bathroom, he heard shouts emanating from the door - or whoever's behind it.

"Hey! Just hand it over!"

"No! Leave me alone!"

Flush. Punch. Kick. He groaned as he entered the bathroom. If he wanted to get to the window in the bathroom then he'd have to walk past the scene. And if they were like any other bullies they'd-

"You! You better not say anything about this!"

"Not a word." Zelo whistled, not caring for the state of the victim, but more worried about his exit. As he made his way, the back of his uniform collar was grabbed roughly and pulled back. He hung loosely from a clenched fist and looked up with a defeated sigh.

"And just how do I know I can trust you?" The bully squinted his eyes. He had darker skin and sported an orange frohawk. His uniform shirt was ed and revealed a white wifebeater underneath. One single silver chain clung to the back of his neck and dipped downwards towards his chest. Basic brown eyes bore into Zelo's skull.

"Pinky promise?" Zelo joked, holding out the pinky of his right hand. "Come on~"

"You can't be serious right now."

"But I am~" The boy wiggled his pinky a bit, mocking the other. 

"Stop it!" The bully yelled in frustration, throwing Zelo onto the ground to start a fight. Zelo grunted and began to sit up, a pout forming.

"Rude." Before the bully could advance on him, he stood up, towering over the other once more. Zelo grinned and turned away, noting that the victim took his leave while the bully had been distracted. Somewhere in his heart a moral compass jumped with glee. "By the way, when you try to steal money you're not supposed to let yourself get stolen from." The boy spoke when he was on the windowsill, crouched down in an M position. He looked over his shoulder and held up a peace sign when taking a look at the shock on the other's visage. Cute. With a wave the blonde jumped out and walked off campus. What a job well done, if he said so himself. 

Zelo counted the five dollars he stole and scowled. What a waste of time, really, now that he realized his reward. High school students were poor. Then again, no high school student was supposed to steal an enormous amount of money and live off of it. No normal high school student at least.

He made his way to the convenience store and his eyes scanned the treats at a rack. Chips, honey buns, or wafers. Without a second thought he grabbed all three and payed. As soon as he stepped out of the store a man stopped him. 

"Hey, cutiepie! Come with me." The man smiled, his two front teeth more prominent than the rest. Like a bunny with white fur - but instead he had pale skin. 

"Cutiepie?" Zelo questioned, not favoring the nickname but not exactly disliking it either.

"Yup. You're adorable." The man reached up to pinch Zelo's cheeks and immediately the taller retaliated by stepping back.

"Don't call me adorable." He groaned. "Who are you?"

"Kim Himchan." The pyro smiled and decided to play a trick. "I'm FBI." At the last three initials Zelo broke out into a run, not bothering to continue the conversation. If he was FBI, he was surely there to arrest the boy. Zelo didn't know since when the officials figured it out, but he wasn't going to let himself get caught so eas-

He was tripped. Face first he fell and hit the sidewalk, the contents of the black bag from the store falling out.

"Wah! Daehyun, not so violent!" Himchan yelled. Zelo grunted and sat up, hand on his face to wipe off the dust. As soon as he felt something wet, he cursed. His nose was bleeding. Instead of bothering to care about his surroundings any longer, he pulled his head back and let it hang. He couldn't let the blood keep running. Two other males stood above him. One had buff arms and thick lips. The other had big headphones and thick thighs. Zelo groaned.

"I'm caught, aren't I?"

"Nope. Himchan was joking." Daehyun spoke and the shorter guy smirked. 

"Really," Himchan started as he neared the three, "I was just kidding you know. If you're really scared of being caught, you shouldn't live this life then. So young, too."

"I'm not much older." Thick thighs countered.

"Yeah, well, Jongup you have me as your influence here. What would I expect?" So Jongup was his name.

Zelo started blinking slowly, a headache forming from his impact on the ground. Blood still didn't stop from dripping down his nostrils when he moved his head forward. His body wobbled and he fell, darkness consuming him.

"!" He heard Daehyun curse.

~*~*~

"This is the last time I let you guys take over." Yongguk sighed, realizing the situation when he came back to the hotel room and saw Zelo on the bed, sleeping. Or rather - unconscious. Yongguk hummed. "So what happened exactly?"

"It's Himchan's fault, he pretended he was FBI and the little thief started running."

"You didn't have to trip him!"

"What was I supposed to do?"

"Grab him!"

"Shut up!" Yongguk yelled, not bothering to care whether he woke up Zelo or not. The sooner the boy got up the quicker he could recruit him and they could move on to retrieving their last member. Everybody in the room shut their mouths, even Jongup turned off his music and removed his headphones, placing them around his neck. "Thank you." The commander sighed once more. He placed two paper bags down and pulled out five small containers.

"Come eat, I bought take out." He told them and Daehyun immediately jumped from his seat. Jongup smiled when he saw how giddy the older was. As soon as Daehyun reached for one of the containers, it slipped from his grasp. He looked towards a cheeky Jongup and pouted. The man reached for yet another container, only to find it gone by the hands of Kim Himchan.

"Dummy." Himchan chuckled, ignoring the glare he recieved. Again, Daehyun reached for a container, but it had disappeared before his hands grazed the top of it. He looked up and found Zelo opening the container, disregarding his situation. Yongguk grabbed a container before Daehyun had a chance to reach for it. 

"You all !"

"Oh, Zelo's awake?" Jongup said after swallowing the noodles in his mouth. His statement caused for everbody to ignore Daehyun's outburst, and left Daehyun to pout alone as he opened the last container of food and sat on a bed.

"What am I here for, anyways?" Zelo is so casual, Yongguk didn't fail to notice. The tallest sat on the same bed he had been unconscious on just moments prior. 

"We want you for this team thingy. Something about helping out the government. Looks like they just chose to ignore your crimes because they clearly knew about them. That's why the government never arrested you, 'cause they want your help." Himchan stated, yet again doing the introduction portion of the recruitment - same as when they recruited Daehyun. Yongguk silently thanked him for taking that up. Public speaking and persuading words were not his forte. But there was one problem.

"No. The government only found out about Zelo five months ago. That's what the governor told me when I asked why none of you guys were arrested. Of course, that was before I met you." Zelo grinned when he heard this from who he assumed was the leader's mouth.

"I'm just that good." He snapped a finger, made a check symbol with his index finger and thumb, and placing the sign under his chin. 

"Yeah okay. Anyways, are you willing to join? By the way, I'm Commander Bang Yongguk."

"Willing to join? Heck yeah! Sounds awesome! I'm... well you already know my name. Both of them." The thief sounded ecstatic, his grin getting wider, if that was even possible.

"Told you it'd be easy. We need to get home now, Youngjae's the last one."

"Youngjae? That sounds... familiar." Zelo scrunched up his face in thought, earning him looks of confusion from the others in the room. He disregarded the looks and kept thinking. "Like someone I've worked with. I don't work with a lot, so I should be able to remember."

"Worked with?" Jongup repeated.

"Worked with?" Daehyun followed after.

"Yeah. Now I remember. He's the hacker dude right? He helped me get through a system that involved codes, good teammate."

"Ah." Yongguk nodded, understanding how a thief and hacker could work together. "Then can you tell me where he is? We barely have any leads on him - he'd good at hiding his location."

"Guessing that's his reason for not being arrested." Himchan muttered to himself.

"Mhm. I know where he is. Don't worry your pretty little heads." Zelo pulled out his phone. "But first, I need to get my money, I didn't steal it for nothing." The others nodded in agreement.

"Guess we won't be going home guys~. Not yet at least." Daehyun sing-songed, getting up and stretching before following Yongguk and Zelo out of the door.

"Awe~!" Himchan whined and stood. "But I like the penthouse; and I had something planned for dinner too!"

Jongup got up and walked towards the door, Himchan finally going after the others. "You can cook when we're all together, don't worry." He smiled.

♥️

A/N; Sorry~ This chapter was bad and short. Don't worry, it'll get better when Youngjae comes up in the next chapter! Woohoo!!

Adieu~ ^u^