Introduction.

All In A Day's Work

Yongukk sat comfortable in the chair in front of the governer's desk. He eyed his superior carefully as he pulled out a packet of papers from a folder, but kept it to himself.

"Commander Bang. This is a secret government move that will include risks and people who wouldn't agree if they were to find out. I need your loyalty and oath that you wouldn't spill a word of what we're doing to any of your successors."

A tilt of the head, brows furrowed in confusion, later and Yongguk was crossing his heart with his index finger. "Yes, sir."

"I know I can count on you." The man before him sighed, his wrinkles making the gray hair on his head shift slightly. It was an amusing sight, to say in the least. But Yongguk didn't wear a smile. In fact, he didn't wear any expression anymore, this was serious. He could tell. "First we need you to find these five criminals. You six will work in a group to help us gain an advantage on enemies. Our idea is to bring them down from the inside. Ruining their economy, destroying their buildings. But we can't do that with a simple embargo or an atomic bomb. It has to be a slow process. Too sudden will affect us as well. We still need to get back what's ours."

"And that is?" The commander questioned.

"The Northern Star. Not literally, but the diamond that we used to own. It's our great pride but it's heavily guarded. Even our best hackers can't assist. Getting to the computer system is a hassle. And even if they do, it lasts a grand total of .01 seconds and then it's back against us. There's no winning against that system, it's too smart for us."

"And for that we hire conmen and criminals? The people who make our crime rate go up and streets unsafe, we'll trust them to join us and help us beat a system that not even the government can handle? What can they do?"

"You don't understand." Really, he didn't. "These aren't just any criminals. These are the cream of the crop. They've got skills that only so many can pull off." The governer dropped the packet on the desk, right in front of Yongguk's curious eyes. Commander Bang reached out and flipped the cover page, finding himself looking at a handsome man who looked more like a model than anything. When he looked at the description, he really knew not to judge a person by their appearance.

"What can a pyromaniac have to offer?" Yongguk looked up and asked, bewilderment laced in his tone.

"Let me give you a brief introduction to Kim Himchan."

~*~*~

Himchan flicked the lighter on, the flame's heat warming his face as it stood too close for comfort. Or in Himchan's case, it was more than comforting. Watching a flame, it was relaxing.

A smirk painted his lips. "Beautiful." He flicked off the lighter again, the surrounding world becoming dark once more. He watched the little girl sleep in her bed. How adorable. She was really cute, someone who shouldn't have to die. Himchan would care, and should care, but he didn't. 

Usually one would use gasoline as a fire starter, but Himchan grew sick of the disgusting smell and the boring, repetitive method. He liked this idea better. Leaning in, the pyromaniac sniffed the girls hair, still smelling hints of hair spray. It was fruity. It smelled wonderful. A pleasant aroma in his nostrils.

Not better than the smell of a burning body though.

The lighter was flicked on again, held dangerously close to the little girl's brown hair. "What a shame." He feigned guilt, only for his lips to curl up into a sincere smile that felt disgustingly out of place in the scenery taking place.

Flammable hairspray. Flammable hair. The brightness and strength of the flames were a pleasing sight to Himchan. They and devoured the little girl's hair, but it traveled fast. It reached her scalp, and in a moment she was burning, screaming, and crying for help.

"Seems you forgot the stop, drop and roll rule, girlie." The man snorted and opened the window, allowing himself to jump outside and walk away before worried parents ran into the room and found him. The screams were music to his ears.

~*~*~

"Huh. His crime history is a mess. How come he isn't caught yet?"

"He's good."

"And a murderer." Yongguk reminded. He flipped to the next page. Another gorgeous man looked back at him. Plump lips. Brown hair. What a looker. "Hmn... This one isn't a criminal?"

The governer shook his head. "No. Just works as a bodyguard for anyone who needs it. 24 hour maximum. That's the almighty Jung Daehyun."

~*~*~

He was just taking a walk. It was simple. He wanted fresh air, and he was getting it. But maybe living in the worst parts of town was a signal that walks in the middle of the night were a bad idea. Starting wih the drug dealer who was doing his own drugs around the corner of Daehyun's apartment, and ending with the group of gangsters who swung bats and pipes over their shoulders as a means of threatening the brunette.

He sighed. "I just wanted to take a walk." Daehyun muttered, hands in his jeans. The gangsters walked towards him.

"Hey, hey, it's a pretty boy. Why don't we mess up his face a little?" Guy 1.

"A little? Let's destroy it!" Guy 2.

And the rest? Irrelevant. 

As soon as the first guy dashed towards Daehyun, bat in hand, without warning, the fighter's hands slipped from his pockets and grabbed the bat. Daehyun growled, though he was usually not one with a quick temper. The bat was slowly getting crushed by only his hands. In the end, it fell appart into three pieces. What a waste of a perfectly useful bat. It could have been some little kid's means of playing little league baseball. How rude of the gangsters to use it for violence.

"Violence isn't the answer guys." He says as his hand shoots out to jab the guy's throat. 

All he wanted was a walk.

~*~*~

"At least one of them is sane enough to not do crime." Yongguk states.

"He likes to live by 'violence isn't the answer'."

"Ironic." Yongguk scoffed. The page was turned, as there was no need to dwell on Daehyun any longer. Instead, he was faced with a baby face. Type chubby cheeks and a small mouth. His hair was nearly covering his eyes, and he had a beanie on. How adorable. "He looks like he's ten years old."

"He looks like that in all of his selfies. He has literally every social media in the world. It's weird."

"The Pentagon?"

"Yeah, multiple times. Yoo Youngjae. He's a ing to deal with. Find him last."

~*~*~

The speakers all fizzed and screeched slightly. Feedback poured through the sound system of the Pentagon. Frantic technicians ran around and screamed through their headphones and mics. They tried to click the alarm, but the button just wouldn't work.

"We've lost complete control of the sound systems! There's no way to regain it unless it's let go by the person who's doing this!"

The head lady slammed her coffee cup on a table, some of the brown liquid spitting out of the cup's open mouth. "It's that again!"

Finally the speakers stopped screeching, and instead a laugh rang through the hallways where soldiers stood. Newbies were bewildered and the rest were pissed off. It was the third time this year.

"Man! You guys are priceless! Hey, head commander, why are you so angry? Don't slam coffee like that, it's precious." He laughed again, this time it was a snicker. "Adorable. Hey soldiers, when are you gonna catch me? Never. Get that through your damn heads, idiots. Hmn... Let's play a game, guys."

~*~*~

"Every year! So many times! I hate him! And all he does is play a new game each damn time. Doesn't he have a life?"

"He wouldn't do this if he did." The commander sing-songed. A short and soft hum followed after when he turned the page. "Brother? They look nothing alike."

"No, they're half brothers, but they're both pyromaniacs."

"I can see that. But with explosives? Where would he even get those?"

"Well... Moon Jongup, he makes them."

~*~*~

The boy slipped on his huge headphones. They covered his ears completely and he put his ipod on shuffle. A loud song played, the drumming deafening him from the outside world. It was beautiful.

He whistled along with the tune and did a little dance as he casually exited the building behind him and walked down the sidewalk without a word. He was in his own happy little world.

The ground shook as the top of the building was blown off.

~*~*~

"Damn, he must have a lot of intelligence to be able to do that." Yongguk hummed.

"Yeah. He's also useful for disarming the bombs. Oh, the last one's my favorite. He'll be the most helpful in your missions."

"Oh?" Yongguk looked at the last boy. He was very young, to say in the least. "He's too young to be doing crime. Ah... kids these days."

"Right? Teenagers." The governor laughed. "Choi Junhong, but he prefers the name Zelo."

~*~*~

Alarms blared and red flashed in a pattern. The robotic voice of the security system rang through every hall as secuirty guards and bank workers ran around trying to fix everything.

THIEF ALERT! THIEF ALERT!

Zelo snickered. They'd never be able to find him if all they did was look around in the vaults. He left those long ago. Casually he fell from the vents and landed on the floor gracefully, making sure nobody saw him. The boy ran and faked fear, pretending to be just another customer. Whoever he bumped into could say goodbye to their wallets.

He ran out of the building and down the sidewalk, only to stop at the corner and grin to himself when he looked at the wads of cash that were stuffed in his pockets.

Lock picking: very good skill to have.

~*~*~

"They're all pretty formidable, but I can't believe you would actually trust criminals to help the government. What a waste of time."

"Oh, they'll help."

Yongguk stood up as he got ready to go and set out to find the five people he was supposed to work with. "And how are you so sure about that?"

The governor smirked, a cocky twinkle in his eyes as he did so. "Because they've got nothing better to do."

♥️

A/N; Wow! A new story!! I couldn't help myself... hacker youngjae was a need and there needed to be a story for it. I also have like 6 other story ideas but I have to take it slow.

Adieu~ ^u^