Two - talking to yourself

Enigma

'Hey, Jungkook!' I called when I saw him in school the next day.

'Who's that?' my friend, Lina, whispered to me.

'I met him yesterday, he's new at our school in our year,' I whispered back.

'Um, hello Jaya,' Jungkook said, bowing at me.

'You don't need to be so formal all the time, stop bowing!'

'Oh, ok, sorry,' he said, bowing again. I laughed at his cute behaviour, and he blushed, looking away shyly as he realised what he did. He was about to apologise again but I stopped him before he could, laughing a little harder.

'Oh my gosh, Jungkook, it's ok, you don't need to apologise over everything. Don't apologise for apologising now!' I said, still chuckling. 'Oh, and this is Lina by the way. She's my best friend.'

'Hello,' she said with a wave.

'Hey, how about you hang out with us? That is, if you want to, it's just you looked a bit lonely just now and with you being new and all I thought--'

'Ok, I'd love to,' Jungkook blushed slightly.

'Great! Now, let's go find some food, I'm starving.' With that, I started off to the canteen, the other two following behind.

'Sorry about her,' Lina said to Jungkook, 'She can be a bit loud and annoying sometimes.'

'Hey! I heard that!'

Jungkook chuckled softly, 'I don't mind it at all.'

 

'So, do you like it here? Do you have any friends yet?' I asked him once we sat down with our lunch.

Lina face-palmed, 'Oh my god, what are you, his mother?'

Jungkook replied anyway, 'No, I don't reslly have any friends here yet, I guess.'

'Great! I mean, no, not great that you don't have friends, but great because you can be friends with us!'

Lina groaned, 'Why are you like this?'

'Aww, you love me really. I am your best friend after all'

'Unfortunately,' she muttered under her breath.

'Hey!' I said, slapping her arm.

Jungkook spoke up again, 'No, I am glad I met you though,' he all but whispered, 'I'm not good at making friends usually.'

 

'Do you like him?' Lina asked me in maths.

'What? I only just met him yesterday.'

'Yeah, but do you?'

I sighed, 'I don't know, he just interests me. I feel like there's a lot more to him than what meets the eye and that he doesn't say, and I kniw I'm probably making this up since i only met him yesterday but I'm just getting this sort of weird feeling that there is something different with him. Don't you dare laugh at me, Lina Turner! I am not crazy!'

'Tha's questionable,' she said stifling a laugh, 'But, ok, you're usually right about your "weird feelings" so I won't say anything,' she said, making quotation marks in the air.

 

As I was walking home after school, I saw Jungkook again. I was about to go and greet him but then I noticed he was talking to someone, only again, there was no one else there, and he wasn't on his phone either.

Maybe he's just talking to himself, I thought. That wasn't all too uncommon. But something about the way he spoke just made it seem like there was someone else there; The way he glanced next to him occasionally as if he was looking at someone, his animated speech pattern, his hand gestures. It all just confused me, especially since when he spoke to me he was extremely quiet and reserved.

I realised I had been staring so I quickly looked away and continued on home. I decided I would ask him about it later, I was sure there would be a simple explanation. I just needed to figure out how to ask him without sounding like a creepy stalker.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know I only just posted this story, but I have to apologise in advance that updates will be very infrequent as I have exams so I can't promise when I'll be able to update :(

But thank you for reading and please leave a comment :D