One - Jungkook

Enigma

I gazed out the window as usual, growing bored of the teacher droning on and on about who knows what. I watched as a squirrel scampered up a tree, quickly disappearing into the leaves. Then, something else drew my attention; there was a boy. I didn't think I'd seen him before at school. He seemed to be talking to someone but I couldn't see anyone else with him. I continued to watch him, fascinated, until we accidentally made eye contact. Almost immediately, he looked away and appeared to stop talking. I turned my attention back to the class, feeling a little bad for intruding on his privacy but still curious all the same. When the class finished I glanced back outside but the boy was nowhere to be seen.

The next time I saw him was after school that day. I usually go to a clearing in the woods that I found once, and someone had previously put up a tyre swing. It was kind of my place; no one else really knew about it, so that made me wonder, what was he doing here?

'Hello?' I said, accidentally startling the boy. Instead of replying he just jumped up and slightly bowed his head at me by way of apology.

'Hey, wait!' I called, grabbing his arm as he turned to leave. His eyes were wide and frightened as he looked at me, so that he resembled a startled rabbit.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you,' i said with a gentler tone, letting go of his arm. 'What's your name?'

'I-It's Jungkook,' the boy stuttered out, so softly that I almist missed it.

'I'm Jaya, nice to meet you. May I ask, how did you find this place?'

'Oh well Taeh-' he stopped and looked at something to his right, 'Um, I mean I was just wandering around once when I found it I guess.'

'Oh, ok,' I said, electing to ignore why he was lying, even though I didn't understand why he changed what he was saying. 'What year are you in? I mean, I saw you in school earlier today so I was just wondering.'

'I'm in year 12. I just transferred to this school yesterday,' he replied, still speaking incredible softly.

'Hey, me too! Well I mean to the year 12 part, obviously, I've been at this school practically my whole life.'

'Um, I think I need to go now. It was nice meeting you,' he bowed a full 90 degrees at me and left before I could say anything else.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello anyone who is reading this, I really don't know what this story is as I just started writing it randomly in school when I was bored and decided to continue it. I know this is kind of a slow first chapter and nothing really happens but it will improve (I hope)!

Anyway, please feel free to leave any comments or constructive criticism, it is always welcome!

Ok, I'll stop rambling now, see you in the next chapter! :)