Five

My Bae Is Fae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That prick! I couldn't stop thinking about that guy, Jay, he said his name was which I doubt was true. As I'm pretty convinced that he is fae or is of fae heritage based on what Gran used to tell me. 

And now, Gran, how am going to find her when that prick managed to twist my words and escape from his promise. I'm fairness to him, he showed up at the parking lot and was waiting for me only to tell me that something came up in his schedule and that he couldn't accompany him to the police station. I thought fae couldn't break promised so I was truly dismayed at the false hopes I've began to tell myself.

Perhaps, he isn't really fae? Maybe he was just compelling me during that entire conversation in the parking lot. Either way, I'm too disheartened to process anything.

But if ever I find out that he is truly fae and just flat out refused a simple request to help track my grandmother, to help a human, I will surely...

"Hera, your face is as contorted as the sea on a storm," Jin observed beside me. "It's a good thing then that we're here to see your happy pill."

I turned to her after that remark. After an unfruitful begging session at the condo's parking lot and elevator with that prick Jay, I needed to calm down so I called Jin for help. And, as always, her help comes with a condition: that I go with her to this Super Junior fansign event for their album, Devil.

"When will the event start? It may be late when get back to Jongno," I remarked as I rummaged for my Devil album from my bag  "Are you sure your Mother allowed you to stay out late?"

"You're nagging like her now," Jin playfully rolled her eyes at me.

"Yah, you're not yet eighteen!"

"Well, you do sound like a hundred or something, my Hera," she joked.

I grabbed her mobile phone and began dialing her mother's number.

"Yah!" she shouted, grabbing back her phone. "Okay. Fine. I really did ask permission this time and told her I'm sleeping over at your place."

I slumped back down the plastic chair all other fans were sitting in. I knew this would happen. But it's too late to un-ask Jin for help.

"You know very well that I do not own the place I'm staying in right now. The owner will kill me if he knows I'm bringing other people inside his house. Jin, are you even listening?"

"They're here," she said, excitedly standing up and hugging her Devil album.

"Jin! I don't care if you're listening or not, but tonight's the only time I can let you sleep over okay? Yah!" I sighed. Jin, along with other fans, were all already clapping and shrieking as each Super Junior member were introduced and entered the mini stage setup in front of us.

There's no use getting any information into Jin right now. Another fangirl should know. I turned to the stage as Lee Hyukjae's stage name was called and he entered the stage. I couldn't help but join the others'ecstatic shrieking. Argh, that man!

Lee Hyukjae's hair was dyed dark brown, probably a transition color from his previous platinum blonde to lighter browns. He wore dark blue jeans, white sneakers with some blue and black details, and a black shirt. I couldn't make out the print on its center but I kept on staring at it while the members settled into their seats.

Jin caught my left hand and began dragging me to the side where the signing line began.

"The Q and A portion is done?" I blinked at Jin.

"I know right! They cut it short saying the members had to tape for a Weekly Idol episode," explained Jin, still holding my hand. "You okay?"

I looked at her, then to the stage where the members were already starting to sign other fans' albums, then I looked at her again. "I — I'm not sure..."

"Just hold my hand, okay," she reassured. "You'll be fine in a few minutes. Be sure to talk to him, not those post-its questions like last time."

The first time I went to a fans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter