BEFORE

My Bae Is Fae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man emerged from the Han River at exactly midnight. No one saw him except for the twelve other shadows waiting in the grassy riverbank. This was when the Han River Park was not yet developed and either sides of the river was either filled with pollution and trash or was a mere marshland. Orange streetlights from the Banpo River Bridge illuminated the group.

"Oh Boil Me, isn't that river cold?" an amused voice asked the drenched man and handed him a coat.

The man shook his head.

"Nothing's cold for a half-water wraith," another brusque voice answered. "Are you alright, dear Leader?"

The man motioned his hands and all twelve shadows huddled closer to him. They, too, were all men dressed in the same black trench coats.

"I am as alright as I can be, soldier Kang," the man said to the brusque-voiced Kang, who smiled back.

"The meeting with the waterwraiths led nowhere," the Leader continued. "They couldn't locate her as well. But the wraith elders are positive that she could only be using a powerful spell to hide her tracks. And she's definitely alive to be using that spell. They'd find her if she stops using the spell or when she's dead. The next best thing we could do now is focus on other matters."

"Are we going home, Leader?" someone in the huddle asked.

"We can't go home unless we complete our mission," another voice answered.

"I know, okay! But how can we find someone who refuses to be found? We c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter