Final

Lucky Symbol(Just Today)

 

Final


 

It was a very unusual day for Huang Zitao that never had a care about the events in his university. The young lad was running in the hallway searching for the same room about thirty minutes. Tao was determined to search the forsaken clubroom that was well-known as a legendary myth in his university.

Today marked the third day of the Open University day simply known as OU day –whereas the clubs in the university needed to hold the activities for the university day. The lad was courageous to find out the rumor his fellow club members told him about the room.

He remembered that Namjoon and Jin had been talking about the rumor a few days before the OU day.

 

“So, have you heard about it?” Jin asked as Tao and Namjoon took their sit in the club room, chatting while waiting for other members to discuss the thing they will do for OU day.

“About what?” Namjoon took the initiative to ask since Tao won’t bother to ask Jin about the matter. Everyone in the club knew Tao was a passive guy that loved to create creepy music when he touched the violin to play, also occult stuffs was in his bucket lists of favorites too. Then, the lad had one habit, when he heard rumors, he will try to make sure whether they are true or not.

Jin ruffled his hair when Tao took a glimpse at him. Even when he ruffled his hair, his hair seemed messier from before. Tao snickered silently at the sight. Jin didn’t notice though because Namjoon was facing him with a so-so curiosity about the rumor.

Even so, Namjoon was repeating an action of taking off his hat and wore it again. Tao shrugged at the both of them while chanting in his mind that both of them were weird in their own way. He took out his note book to make some scribble or doodle on it, Tao loved to do that when time was passing.

“You know guys,” Jin trailed off, hoping that he will get some attention. Of course he did, but Namjoon only though. Tao was in his world though he was still hearing what the both of them were talking about. Hence, he pretended he didn’t hear it. A habit of his that he couldn’t erase even when he had offended some people in his life. He concluded that they didn’t understand him. Tao didn’t care nonetheless, he continued to draw some music notes. Even he didn’t know what their meaning was.

“Our club will hold an event on OU third day. Oh, I heard they will organize an event to know whether that rumor is true or false.”

Jin looked at Namjoon when he explained, then at the book on his hand when he rummaged his bag to jot down the details in the meeting later.

“Ah!” Namjon clicked his town, snapping his fingers. He knew what Jin was talking about. “That rumor about the forsaken club room?”

“Yeah!” Jin beamed and nodded simultaneously. Tao was perked up to hear the matter they were chatting now. He tried to be a good listener.

“Well, that idiot Sam had been talking about it all over the place and kept repeating that rumors to every people he met. Sam ridiculously said that day is a suitable day to search for the lucky symbol,” Namjoon mouthed and Jin rolled his eyes. They both cracked up to laugh later.

“What is the lucky symbol?”

The hoarse voice behind made Namjoon and Jin turned their direction to the owner. Tao was eyeing then with a hopeful glint in his cat-like eyes – wanting to know the answer. The raven haired boy with his hair bleached gave them a lopsided grin.

“Lucky symbol is an object,” Jin answered. “Well,” he continued. “If someone found the lucky symbol or LS for short, the rumor said they will surely find the forsaken club room in the facility on 12 o’clock sharp in the midnight.”

Tao nodded, he smiled as he was intrigued by this topic.

“But!” Jin was quick to make Tao got back to the reality. “Only on that day.”

“You know Tao,” Namjoon interrupted. Jin and Tao glanced at the guy with hair dyed blonde with his hair short cut hair style. “That’s a rumor. It is an unbelievable crap,” he added and Tao kept his mum. He was determined to know whether the rumors were right or not so he decided to search for it alone and not joining the event held by his club.

Tao bit his lips, jotted down something in his note book.

Search for the clues related to the LS and the room.

 

“Urgh!” Tao let out a heavy sigh as he sat on the ground, feeling exhausted and disappointed after 45 minutes of searching. He got the guides to the forsaken club room but he never found it also he didn’t get the clues of lucky symbol. Tao glanced at his watch.

10.36 p.m.

Just today, if I couldn’t find the lucky symbol…Tao shook his head as he didn’t want to think about it.

The event had started one hour ago, Tao scratched his head. “What is the LS actually?”, the lad pulled out the crumpled guides paper he secretly took from the club room representatives that were supposed to look after and guided the participants with the information. He saw something was written at the upper corner of the paper.

 

-Lucky symbol is an object. It is actually someone that passed through the path you are at, and if you ask him/her for it, he/she is happy to help you along with the room search. That is the lucky symbol –

Tao frowned. “What kind of sick joke is this?!” the lad grunted and threw the paper a few meters ahead of him.

“That’s not nice of you to throw this paper. What if it hurt animal like cats?” a sweet, velvety voice asked. It was a girl’s voice.

Tao glared at someone who had standing at his right and was shocked to see a panda mascot instead of a girl.

“You are not so nice,” she remarked. The mascot handed Tao the crumpled paper that was thrown earlier. Tao groaned and took the paper to put it in his pant pocket. “It’s not you business, busybody,” he hissed, totally annoyed.

“Yes, it is not mine. But, I just couldn’t help seeing someone litter. Also, you’re lucky that paper hit this mascot and not me, since I want to make sure my face is beautiful without a scratch,” she explained earning a scoff from Tao.

“Girls,” the lad said, sarcastically.

“You have amazing eyes, it shines like cat’s eyes. I wonder if you hate animals…especially cats…”

Tao glared at the panda mascot.

“I hate to say that I don’t like cats or even loving that creature even though it is regarded as magician’s most powerful companion. I love music, rumors and much to your knowing, occult stuff is in my bucket list too,” Tao said as he got up.

The girl giggled. “Magicians are not included in occult as far as I know. But, well…what are you doing here?”

“Searching for lucky symbol, but even me couldn’t find it. Stupid, must as well give up to search the room.”

Tao kicked the ground, his head lolled to the side and bit his lips, annoyed.

“Lucky symbol?” the mascot moved her hand to the panda’s head. Thinking, “Ah! The thing that music club held tonight?”

“Yeah.”

“How come I don’t see you at the venue where participants need to sign up?”

“Simply because I am not there, but want to find this room alone from doing that stupid thing with others,” Tao spat, folding his arms over his chest.

“Let’s go,” the mascot grabbed Tao’s hand even she couldn’t hold his hand properly. Enough to make Tao confused.

“Where?”

“Search the room,” she beamed, as if it was a wonderful thing in the world.

“What?!” the lad shrieked, unbelieving what was occurring right now. Never had someone proposed to help him because of his attitude. So, why was she helping him? “Why?”

“I want to help. Also, see with my own eyes what is very special with the room everyone is searching. No harm, isn’t it? Plus, when we help others, we will be rewarded someday,” she answered, leading the way and Tao joined her by walking next to her.

“I…don’t know…what to say, but…” Tao breathed in and plastered a genuine smile on his face. “Thank you, even if I don’t know you.”

Laughter was in the air. “You know me, we share same classes in our major. But, it didn’t take you to even talk with me. I sat behind you all the time in the class and I love the music you played even it is creepy.”

Tao felt his cheeks were hot and red, unconsciously he touched his cheeks while grinning slightly. “First time someone had praised my music you know,” the boy remarked, In glee mix with shyness. “I am happy about it.”

“I think it’s amazing. I love it and want to put it in my cell as a ringtone but my roommate will ask me to change my ringtone because the noise freaked her out.”

Tao heard a sigh.

“It’s weird when we can talk this much even we don’t even talk in class,” the girl commented.

Tao nodded his head, also the first time he noticed he talk with a girl since it had been a long time not talking with girls. Well, girls thought Tao was odd and a crept also a zombie. Tao just heard what Jin told him, but he also wanted to know where did zombie came from? Did he look like a zombie with eye bags on his face also Tao was sure zombie was much scary from how his eyes look. Imagine it, how their saliva drooled and they ate people.

Tao felt very disgusted even to form zombie image in his mind.

Zombie was not occult.

That’s not cool.

“It is said in this area where the room was located, right?” the girl asked, snapping Tao from his world.

“Yeah,” Tao eyed the area, it was totally in the map guide he stole. But, if everyone got the map surely they will be crowding at the block. So, why there wasn’t any human around except for Tao and a girl in panda mascot.

Both of them strolled down along the corridor just to watch old bricks of the university as they passed along the hallway. They turned to the right before the silence between them was over again.

“So, do you have close friend in this U?”

Tao shrugged. “I don’t have or have?”

“Weirdo,” she mouthed.

Tao glanced at the panda mascot.

“I can be your friend,” she said.

Tao stifled a laugh. “Don’t joke with me. Why didn’t you talk with me?”

“I did. You just didn’t remember me, also you always hurriedly stepped out from the class after it was over. It is very hard to chase and talk to you about music.”

“Why?” Tao questioned, eyes lurking around the area to find the door with weird carving on it; that was butterflies, diamond and symbol of love – it was the forbidden room according to rumors.

“I want to do music collaboration with you and few others,” she answered, straight forward to the thing she wanted.

“Oh, but why?”

“A memory maybe a present, I don’t know but I think both.”

“I don’t understand what you are talking about.”

The lad pouted, disappointed with the girl’s mysterious talk.

“You don’t need to understand since you will know it eventually,” the mascot walked around and out of the blue they heard the clock’s ticking sound. Both of them turned around, as they searched for the room because the clock continued to tick and they were curious where sound came from, the walls, the room or…?

Tao and the girl separated and walked won their own since there were two paths and the two strangers decided to choose each path while trying to kill birds in one stone.

As if fate led them nowhere, Tao glimpsed at his watch and saw 12 a.m sharp before he bumped with the girl again.

“Auch!” both of them whined as they fell on the floor.

Tao helped the mascot to get up. When he turned his face to the left he saw a door with carving of two butterflies each side as if the image of the butterflies were resting on top of the diamond, a love symbol were carved from the butterflies and diamond outline.

He slowly opened the door.

The mascot followed behind.

“There is nothing in here except for a mirror and an old clock?” Tao frowned then chuckled. “So much for the forbidden room, sounds stupid.”

“It’s not stupid, in search for the room we get a beautiful bond called friendship slowly building,”

“Now,” the mascot pointed at the mirror. The room was enormous but what it stored just an old clock and an ancient mirror. “Look at the writing on the mirror.”

To you who found this room,

May you have an eternal friendship and forever feel of love to every living being.

“Love?” Tao whispered, staring at the mascot. He smiled, love for friend, maybe?

Thus, even if it was magical, like it happened slightly. Tao noticed something and after the parting with the mascot, even if he didn’t know the name of the person or the mascot. Tao jotted down something in his notebook again.

 

Lucky symbol (Just today)

It meant that this day, I had found the room everyone wanted to see. Also, just today, I talked with a girl, someone praised my music and a hope for friendship.

So, may I get to meet that LS again.

Tao.

 

A few days passed and Tao always look behind the music class who sat behind him but he never caught sight of a girl behind him. But there were changes in people faces that sat behind him making Tao felt very frustrated not meeting that girl again.

The lad sighed in annoyance as he doodled on his notebook. Feeling under the weather for the class today, Namjoon and Jin stepped in the room while chatting about something but what caught Tao’s ears were, “So how is she now?”

“Well, she will come back. But, Baekhyun told me that we shouldn’t worry about her.”

“Okay, I hoped she’s well.”

 

It dawned to him until a few more days and the wind was blowing really hard as Tao looked at the sky above. The lad sat at the place where he met the mascot for the first time.

“I should make more creepy sounds,” he muttered, slightly sighing as he drew the music notes, not for composition but because he wanted to. But, seeing his drawing made him felt agitated.

“But, I want to do joyful music even for the first time!”

Tao ripped the paper in his notebook and threw it away. It didn’t land on the ground as he hoped but there was a hand catching that.

Tao widened his eyes.

In front of him, a girl was smiling at him while her hair was caressed by wind. Her skin was milky white and Tao felt his heart races.

“Hey,” the sweet, velvety voice reminded him of something as the girl approached him and crouched in front of him.

“Do I need to remind you I don’t like seeing people that litter? Also, it may hurt frail animal like cats,” she smiled even there was strictness in her voice.

Tao felt a smile graced his face as he embraced her.

“Nice to meet you again,” he said. Hence, he somehow was minded of how this girl tried to find a way to talk with him in class. But, being who he was, he didn’t even bother to know. He remembered her face now even when he took a glimpse of her when she met him a few times.

Tao exhaled, unsure of something, but relying on how he always heard people talk, he uttered her name that he always heard the person beside her said.

“Kim Hyeri.”

 


 

-also, this may be unrealistic but at times there is unrealistic thing that happen to us. Since, it also based on rumor so I can say that this story a bit fantasy because of how they found the room-

 

Hello, thank you for   subscribing and taking your time to read this. I hope I don't disappoint you by the way.

So, if you guys want to ask anything, you can just ask me...i will answer you right away.

By the way, I am currently challenging myself to write EXO oneshots related to the same OC named Kim Hyeri.

The next one will feature D.O and Hyeri. 

The title is Sweetie Sugar.

 

 

 

by the way, upvotes are well love.

But, feedback will always make my day.

I mind your critize though, but no bashing and rude also crude comments. I only want to improve myself for better writing.

Also, i'm sorry if i have any grammatical  error or spelling errors.