ii. up and between

Ink This Heart (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ii. up and between;  

 

 

Chanyeol thinks he can get used to this: waking up to a warm body snuggled up in his arms, milky thighs working their way around the kitchen and the hearty laughter dispersing over pancakes and toasts. Baekhyun has never looked so carefree.

 

 

 


Byun Baekhyun has pondered a lot over the covenant. He has locked himself in the guest room for a couple of days before Chanyeol, out of restlessness and concern, breaks the door open, only to find the smaller male tackling him into a bear hug. 

 

 


“You big meanie!” He sniffles out a garbled set of words which Chanyeol presumes as a yes to the deal. “Just because I'm signing this doesn't mean I will love you. I just want don't want to be homeless, okay?” The honey blond male sobs into the crook of the taller’s neck, hands at the folds of the silk dress shirt. 

 

 


Ever since then, the younger male has claimed his space in the household; Chanyeol tries to call for domestic help but he refuses, saying the maids are just fine to work in other areas. Just not his kitchen. Apparently, this is worse than Kyungsoo catching Jongin who almost set his kitchen on fire. The Byun is not afraid to bite back.

 

 


Just like any other day, they end up arguing over ties. Chanyeol thinks Baekhyun is making a mountain out of a molehill when he comes out of their shared room with a red tie hooked on his neck in the most unkempt manner as possible. 

 

 


“Sometimes, I think you're more of a gangly college freshman rushing for morning classes than a stylish CEO of some famous corporations.” Clad in an obnoxiously pink apron, Baekhyun screens him from head to toes with the most murderous glare, looking displeased as he shakes his head.

 

 


Putting down the spatula in his grip, the younger male strides over to him; he works his slender fingers nimbly around the tie, skillfully running the digits in patterned loops. “There,” he smiles at his masterpiece, satisfaction gleaming on his face. “All perfect.”

 

 


It isn't until over an accidental cup of espresso when Chanyeol tries all his ways and means to trick a morning kiss out of Baekhyun than the latter’s plush lips stopped moving halfway. Baekhyun flails his arms exaggeratedly before scrambling to the nearest bathroom to puke out the very bits of what he has eaten earlier.

 

 


“.” Chanyeol mutters a string of curses under his breath. He feels guilty for forgetting that Baekhyun's morning sickness is at its peak. He recalls Baekhyun grimacing at the fresh aroma of Nescafe brew a few weeks back, asking him to put away the deluxe coffee machine and keep the cup out of his sight. 

 

 


“Princess, you okay?” Baekhyun feels a gentle pat on the back before familiar hands travel down the spine, massaging the flesh. Barely nodding his head, Baekhyun reaches out to the hem of the long sleeves worn by the other, grasping them into a lock hold. “Don't call me Princess.”

 

 


Chuckling inwardly, Chanyeol recalls the appalled look on Baekhyun's face when he came up with the nickname. He bets the other secretly adores it. “Fine, I won't call you Princess. I will call you my Princess.” He wipes the gooey residue off the rosy lips with a piece of tissue, fondling the other's cheeks with his calloused palms.

 

 


Snorting, Baekhyun meekly swats the hands away but it's slow enough for the CEO to catch the faint blush smudging the apple of his cheeks. “No more coffee or no more dessert.” He helps the younger who is wobbling on his feet to stand up, loving the scent of Baekhyun washing over his senses. “Choose.”

 

 


Now, this is a hard choice. As much as he has survived his twenty-seven years of life chugging down cups after cups of coffee, the dessert itself is something that appeals to him to satiate his hunger at night. Baekhyun is a sly little seducer clad in nothing but his birthday suit under Chanyeol's oversized dress shirts.

 

 


And that is the best dessert over strawberries dipped into chocolate fondue. 

 

 


“Coffee out.” Chanyeol foolishly chooses though he knows how often Yixing reminds him not to indulge in ual activities ever since the first three months have passed and the beautiful mother of his heir is on his way into the second trimester. He just wants a taste of Baekhyun for as long as he can savor.

 

 


When he arrives at the office that day, both the Oh and Kim brats are already there lounging in his office, with smug looks plastered on their cheeky faces. They snigger at how Chanyeol almost smashes his nose, on the brink of colliding heads on with the glass door when he checks his phone to see a selfie of Baekhyun in his big sweater, sporting a y look with exposed collarbones and a lip-biting pose.

 

 


Rolling his eyes, Park Chanyeol lets himself and the two other sneering idiots be dragged by his secretary to the fitting room down at the basement where the monthly shooting is taking place. It's the time of the month again. 

 

 


He gets himself draped over by flower-embroidered intricacy Gucci blazer and a pair of black denim buckled perfectly at his waist. Sehun deems himself fit in his Louis Vuitton jacket. Meanwhile, Jongin is having an easy time getting into a Saint Laurent striped turtleneck cardigan, with black slacks down to his ankle, strapped in a pair of shiny boots as a complementary.

 

 


Oh seems like the most obnoxious vibrancy followed by Park in his laidback shades and Kim in his muted black and white undertones. The stylists coo at their perfections as makeup artists apply layers of sultriness to touch up their individual styles.

 

 


It hasn't even lasted halfway through their shoot when a newcomer steps in. The photographer looks absolutely pleased with the presence, missing the bemused looks on the trio. Chanyeol looks pissed when he sees the model strutting into the set with an air of flirt and nothing else worth commenting on.

 

 


Donned in a maroon trench coat fresh out of Dior collection, the female fatale graces the runway in a pompous gait: slender toned legs threaded to a pair of Christian Louboutin stilettos: the red sole glaring at curious eyes.

 

 


Ensnared by the bold beauty, the director calls her for a round of introduction but Park Chanyeol has long acquainted with one hell of this woman: Clara Lee, the one and only sister of Dara Lee. While Dara might inherit with the utmost purity of a young bubbly woman, Clara is a derived form of a seductive duchess. 

 

 


They cross paths back in those days of raging teenage hormones where he almost commits the biggest sin of bedding this devilish enchantress. But now, his no longer bothers fantasising promiscuous ladies to quench his thirst for a certain honey blonde male and his pretty little body is there to appease his desire.

 

 


Byun Baekhyun. He has fallen hard with this angelic devil.

 

 


“Everyone, Mi Amore, Clara, will be joining us for this photo shoot.” The director announces, eyes drooling over the voluptuous curves of the other in her tight dress. Jongin seems rather entranced until his PA comes running towards him, handing him his smartphone.

 

 


“Nice to meet you, Clara.” He grins, shaking her manicured hands before running off with his assistant, not looking a bit apologetic about his abrupt departure. “Sorry but Kyungsoo needs me to fetch Tae-oh from childcare. Can't leave my son waiting for his dad.”

 

 


Oh Sehun waves his friend off, turning back to the blinding flashes of the camera only to be greeted by a pair of cherry-coated lips and a million dollar smile. “About Mr Kim, he could've sent his driver, could he? Such a pity I won't accompany him for a pictorial.” 

 

 


“Well, he's quite sensitive when it comes to his

Tae-oh.” Sehun replies politely, adding in his usual insouciant air. “And Kim Kyungsoo always gets whatever he wants.”

 

 


Something in Sehun's words hints malicious venom and Clara seems to have caught the unpleasant tone. She backs off of Sehun, leaving with a rigid smile before turning to what she presumes is her sister’s rumored fiancé. 

 

 


“Yeol, it's been such long time.” She advances confidently yet stealthily. Chanyeol scoffs at her ulterior moves. He pretends to not see Clara making her way over to his side, averting his focus away on the hairstylist. 

 

 


“Hi, Clara.” He bites down on his sarcasm, swallowing the urge to puke when he sniffs in the pungent fragrance of the other's overpowering perfume. “Didn't see you coming over.” 

 

 


“So, how’re you doing?” Chanyeol inwardly cringes at her query, replying with a half-hearted smile. “Good.” But it seems like the brief answer doesn't satisfy the other's curiosity for the model only scoots closer to him. “What do you mean by good?”

 

 


With hairs raised at the end, the CEO politely retreats a few steps back, drawing a line between the woman and him. Now, he just wants nothing more than his beautiful lover by his side to shoo away the shameless hussy. 

 

 


“Sir, there's a call for you.” Well, seems like he owes the caller a meal. God bless whoever that is calling right then. “Here, Sir.” His secretary scurries over the set; Hyeri looks exceptionally blushed as she tries not to look at the phone screen. It looks like someone does a little Skype call. And Chanyeol knows who it is then.

 

 


What he doesn't expect is to spot two other familiar faces on the screen; Baekhyun is squashed in the middle of the duo, trying to fit into the screen size. “Hi, Yeollie.” The gorgeous male sheepishly croons with pouty lips stretching up into a small smile. “Say hello to Kyungsoo and Luhan.”

 

 


The two evil males smirk into the camera simultaneously with fingers waving on the screen. Alarmed, Chanyeol immediately looks around for any sign of his Head Executive Director only to see the male right beside him, gawking at the screen when he sees his wife. “Lulu?” 

 

 


Luhan beams at his husband, throwing a flying kiss towardsSehun’s direction. Chanyeol coughs awkwardly at the blatant display of PDA, eyeing Sehun who is currently in a love-struck daze. 

 

 


“Yeol, has Jongin left to pick Tae-oh up?” It is Kyungsoo turn to interrogate. He never really trusts Jongin; the latter has too many sneaky lies to cover his little blunders. 

 

 


“He left running like a mad man,” Chanyeol adds in hopefully to ward off any mistrust in his childhood friend, nudging Sehun to be a solid witness. “Yeah,hyung runs off right after you call.” Kyungsoo, pleased and relieved, flashes them a shy grin before leaving the screen to roam around the Park’s kitchen. “Lu and Baek, what's good for lunch?”

 

 


Sehun beckons his wife goodbye as Luhan follows Kyungsoo in

tow, admiring how good the male looks in his loose baby blue sweater as he waddles away in his big stomach. 

 

 


Oh right. Chanyeol almost forgets to mention; OhLuhan is pregnant with their second child and Sehun secretly thinks he will have twins this time. “Look at his big flabby tummy. Going to have two growing in there for sure.”

 

 


Rolling his eyes, he pushes Sehun away before he can continue his disgusting acts. “Hey, Princess.” He can't help but smiles widely, grinning from ear to ear when Baekhyun puckers his lips. “I told you already. Don't call me a Princess. I’m a dude for heaven’s sake.” 

 

 


“It's so embarrassing.” Baekhyun goes on about how he is caught dancing along to Twice’s Cheer Up when the two sly foxes sneak in from the back door. “I bet they're still laughing in their heads.” 

 

 


Chanyeol has entrusted a spare key to each of the housewives since the three families always gather at the manor for BBQ parties, wine gatherings and so on. What he forgets is how everyone is curious to meet the little mother-to-be since he never really gets around introducing Baekhyun to them. He guesses they do have to break in after all.

 

 


“Wait, are you in a photo shoot?” Baekhyun probes as his eyes scan the background Chanyeol is in, only to see a foreign face inching close next to his giant. “Who's that?” He gasps softly when feminine features come into the screen. “Hello there, who are you too?”

 

 


Park Chanyeol’s mind freezes at the familiarity of the voice right by his ears; the female model has her chin perched on his shoulders with hands snaking around his arms without notice. She flashes a blinding grin in Baekhyun's face, enjoying how the other squirms uncomfortably under her stare. 

 

 


“Baekhyun, this is Clara. My colleague.” Chanyeol prods the fingers away as his hands slowly untangle themselves out of the pinning hold. “And Clara, meet my wife. Park Baekhyun.” 

 

 


Unsettling silence hangs in the air for a moment. Baekhyun, witty as ever, responds first. “Nice to meet you, Clara-shi.” He backs away from the screen a little, showing off his small baby bump. Chanyeol, having caught on with the plan, decides to play along. He would do anything to shake Clara Lee off his tail. 

 

 


“So how's blueberry doing? Too early for it to move, eh?” The CEO teases as he points to Baekhyun's clothed tummy, relishing in the quiet presence of his unborn heir. Nowadays, his dumbo ears always find their way to press up against the baby smooth skin, hoping to detect any movement of the little one growing underneath. 

 

 


“Yeollie, blueberry is still too small to move.” Baekhyun chides softly with a small frown crawling up his face. He caresses his tummy fondly, putting up a show to drive away the witch drooling on his giant. Clara’s lips twitch into a tight smile that is too fake for anyone to see. “Who's blueberry?”

 

 


“Oh, blueberry?” Chanyeol nonchalantly waves her off with brief words. “He's the little one growing in Baekhyun. The naughty boy always makes his mummy sick.” He reproves, wishing how he could've placed a soft peck on Baekhyun’s forehead right then. He misses his beautiful angel too much.

 

 


Clara furrows her eyes, detaching herself from the CEO; she has her arms all folded up in judgement. “How come you've never told me about him?” She bites down bitterly on each word after Chanyeol has hung up the call with much reluctance. “I thought you were engaged to Dara for a second.”

 

 


“I was. In the tabloids and trashy articles making up groundless facts.” Chanyeol shakes his head wistfully, recalling his mother’s childish acts to get him settle down. “Mother always thinks she can get what she wants. But seriously, we all know Dara is too naïve for me.” 

 

 


Clara glares at him disapprovingly; she seems to be on the brink of flaring up for she has refused to touch up her makeup. “Go away!” She sibilates at the poor assistant, almost flipping press-powder case over. “Well, look here Chanyeol, you can mess with my innocent little sister but don't think about fooling me.”

 

 


Not batting an eye at the female snapping in front of him, the CEO continues to provoke. “Never. I just want my little blueberry to be born and present the rightful heir of Park to Mother.” He admits truthfully while stuffing his hands into the pockets. He plans on proposing to Baekhyun for real soon. 

 

 


It's true that they're married legally on black and white but the contract only holds valid for a year. And now that Baekhyun is adjusting into the second trimester, he doesn't really have much time left to profess his founded feelings for the boy many years his junior. He has to do it quick.

 

 


“Tell me, Yeol, is he someone of your status?” The cunning feline taunts with hands resting on her hips. “I bet not, am I right? Trust me, your Father will never agree. Our merger is so much more valuable than that immature

hoe you're putting up in your house.” 

 

 


Miffed at the derogatory remark, Chanyeol feels anger wrapping itself around his clenched fists. Just one more word from the shameless is enough to send her a punch straight up her plastic nose.

 

 


 “Look, Clara. I know you want a piece of me. But that doesn't give you the right to insult the mother of my child. To be honest, we all know Baekhyun deserves the title of Park more than some setting their eyes on someone else's possession.” He spits his rage straight in her face, hoping she would swallow back her nasty remarks.

 

 


This made the Lee heiress balk for a second; she just happens to opine her views but it seems like she has stepped on someone's land mines. The CEO looks absolutely pissed off with his eyes staring holes into her own ones. “Excuse me, but I think I have some better things to do back in the office.”

 

 


The director is surprised to see the CE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter