No. 1 Fan

No. 1 Fan

Stage lights were blinding, and the heat was there. But still, Baekhyun put all his energy on the last song his band performed that night. He was the star on the night’s stage. He wanted to release all his emotional feelings through the songs. The crowds were the largest among his all plays. And it was satisfying to know his fans were still there even after his absence for two respective weeks.

It was about soaring to the high sky, the song he wrote for the first time. ‘Sky’ had been the most requested play that it was always honoured to be the song for the band’s every performance. And their fans never got enough of it. Yes, eventhough Baekhyun’s band, Illumination, had started walking towards fame with what many music shows guesting and two albums, they still became the regular host band of DrumStick, the bar where they started their music path. Friday night had always been the most crowded night of all. That was when Illumination rocked the stage, moreover with the now increasing number of fans.

 

Flying..I’m flying

Put on my wings, through the wind, for the freedom I redeem

Look up to the sky..high

I’m sublime

 

He sang the lyrics as if he was reaching that freedom he desired. Fans were awe-struck. It was as if Baekhyun really grew a pair of beautiful wings on his back. They called him ‘Light Angel’ for a reason.

His typical high note ended the song, accompanied the crowds’ temporary silence before claps and screams were thundering. Baekhyun smiled and said his gratitude for all audiences, including their fans,without forgetting to remind them the next week’s play.

He jumped down the stage and went to the VIP section. People started to go after him and asked for signs and photographs. He served them a little bit impatiently. Not because he didn’t like them. He treasured his fans as much as his music. He would always tend them all greatly in other places, but it was already his habit to go immediately to the usual spot after performing in this bar, knowing he would get his peaceful time there. His band members had been used to this habit of him. He waved at them and run to the more secluded area.

Right after he open the door of VIP room, a pair of hands welcoming him in a warm hug, followed with a kiss on his forehead.

“Great stage tonight. And as usual..Congratulations”

He looked up to the person. A couple of brown eyes stared deeply at him, showing full admiration.

Baekhyun was blushing. He would never stay calm around this person. Nevertheless, a smile creeped out on his face, mirrored by the person who was still hugging him affectionately.

“Thank you, Chanyeol”. He tip-toed and chaste-kissed him on the lips.

Baekhyun had always been grateful to have Chanyeol. He was the best thing thing Baekhyun ever had in his life, aside from his parents.

Chanyeol smiled and took his hands, “Drinks?”, while leading him to the big couch.

“Can I have your special drink, tonight?”. Baekhyun tightened his hold.

Chanyeol put him to seat on the couch and stole a kiss, before moving to the mini bar inside the room.

“Anything for you, my Light”

Baekhyun snorted, “Cheesy!”

And Chanyeol just chuckled. “Only for you”, he said..and winked!

This was what had always been waiting for him after every play in DrumStick. Baekhyun-Chanyeol time, or Chanyeol-Baekhyun time, whatever floated their boats. Chanyeol would always watched his stages, anywhere. Even if he was not able to, he would make sure to catch Baekhyun most of the time so that they would go home together after his plays. Particularly in DrumStick, a place that Chanyeol had owned for 5 years. A place where they met for the first time during Illumination’s audition to become a regular play in the bar four years ago. A place where the used-to-be shy-emotional boy Baekhyun asked whether Chanyeol had a lover already or not the next six month, that was before Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol was the owner since he mostly served as a bartender. A place where at the same time Chanyeol almost made Baekhyun cry by telling him that he had a lover, but then continued with “that is if you want to become one for me”, and kiss him fully on the lips.

Watching Chanyeol busy with drinks, it reminded Baekhyun of everything that had happened in his life, before and after meeting Chanyeol. Their relationship had ups and downs. They fought and made up. But it was always strong, even became stronger after Baekhyun’s band penetrated the celebrity world. Chanyeol always supported him, and Baekhyun would always show his gratitude of that. He never forget where he was coming from, and that included his treasurable relationship with Chanyeol.

“Sun Fire for you”, Chanyeol put a cold glass in Baekhyun’s hand. He then set himself beside Baekhyun, holding the same yellow-orange colored drink. They smiled and sip the drinks together.

Chanyeol put his drink on the table and turned to look at Baekhyun. With the same look that he always wore whenever he looked at Baekhyun, he tucked the hair behind Baekhyun’s ear that was stuck because of his sweat.

“How was your feeling? After your absence for two weeks?”. He grinned.

Baekhyun’s face was beaming, reminiscing the previous event on the stage. At that time, Chanyeol felt amused. The rock star ‘Light Angel’ could turn to be the adorable boy that he first met four years ago.

“It was thrilling!”. Baekhyun almost shouted. He flapped his arms as if wanting to express his feeling.

Still grinning, Chanyeol nodded, assuring Baekhyun to continue.

“The feeling..you know? I thought there would be less people, or maybe even no one come here. Because I..I don’t know..after all of this, I can’t believe there would be so many people there...”

Baekhyun began to blabber everything to Chanyeol. His satisfaction on being able to perform with his band on the stage he had been missing. His amusement on meeting his fans and people who supported him. His fascination on everything that had happened that night.

At the mean time, Chanyeol patiently listened to this adorable lover of him. He kept encouraging Baekhyun to pour everything in his heart. This was one of the reason why Chanyeol was attracted to the vocalist when he met him for the first time. Baekhyun was a shy boy, but he would be a truly different person when talking about things he was passionate with, even when performing on the stage. He had admired Baekhyun since the first time.

But then, Baekhyun suddenly stopped his blabber and frowned to Chanyeol. Examining his face, Chanyeol put the same expression on his face.

“What’s wrong, Babe?”

“You..you didn’t say anything. Did you watch my stage?”, Baekhyun asked carefully, still with frown on his face.

 Absorbing his lover’s question, Chanyeol sighed in relief. He took Baekhyun’s hands in his, rubbing the back of the hands with his thumbs, and gently kissed both hands. He stared at Baekhyun’s fingers and smiled.

“You’re wearing it”

“Huh..what? wearing? You didn’t answer me!”. The rock star pouted.

“This..”. Chanyeol lifted Baekhyun’s right hand. A simple but shiny white gold ban was sitting on his beautiful ring finger.

Baekhyun looked at his own hand, and his face became gentler. “Of course. You’re wearing it too”. Baekhyun pointed the same but bigger ring on Chanyeol’s ring finger.

Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun’s ring. “Thank you”. He looked into Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Why should you? We’re married. People and my fans have known about us because we practically just had our wedding party here two weeks ago. So it is just right for me..and you..to always wear it, isn’t it?” The shorter male tilted his head in confusion.

Chanyeol squezed the palm of his lover, scratch that, husband for being so adorable. He would never get enough of the vocalist’s charms.

“That’s not all. Thank you for accepting my hands in this marriage. I would always feel grateful..and lucky to have you for myself. You are the light of my life”.

The said male in front of Chanyeol was blushing madly, as if he was never used to the taller male’s cheesiness.

“Aahh..don’t start! How can you always say those things with that face?!” Baekhyun squirmed in Chanyeol’s hold. The tall husband simply laughed at it. This adorable husband of him never failed to amuse him.

Yes, the rock star did not go on any stage for the last two weeks because he and his husband just got married two weeks ago and had a party in the same place where the taller husband finally made the smaller one cried after getting on his knees and proposed him on the stage (thanks to the contribution of other Illumination members), in front of the audience, right after he finished singing ‘Sky’ one month ago. They afterwards flew to enjoy their honeymoon in Czech, a country which had been the dream of the vocalist for its beautiful night view.

“I love you”. Baekhyun startled, hearing his husband’s words. “I love you. Please remember..among thousands or maybe millions of your fans, I will always be your no.1 fan. Please don’t ever doubt that. As I will always be there for you, wherever you go, whatever you do”.

This time, instead of cringing for the corny words, the vocalist kissed his husband deeply. He put all of his emotions for his perfect husband. Baekhyun would never change this life with anything in the world.

The bar-owner-husband put his hands on the vocalist’s cheeks as they deepened the kiss. After a while, they pulled away but then put their foreheads on each other. Still catching some breaths, both of them had smiles on their face.

“What do you want to do after this?”, Chanyeol asked while still rubbing his thumb on Baekhyun’s cheeks. His eyes never leave his husband’s face.

Baekhyun leaned his face to the left, on the touching palm. He closed his eyes, enjoying the gentle treatment. “Home. I want to go home. But can we take some air first on our way home?”. He slowly opened his eyes which had that glint.

Chanyeol chuckled. He squezed his husbands cheeks so that the lips were puckered, then he pecked them.

“Sure thing. Let’s leave the car here. We’ll ride the scooter. How about that?”. He grinned, knowing his small husband would love this idea.

Right to his thoughts, the rock star jumped like a kid and immediately stood up and pulled him out of the room while kept saying “Let’s go..come on..hurry!”. Chanyeol just laughed at his husband’s childish behaviour.

 

XXXXXX

 

Later that night when they cuddled on their bed.

“Hey, what’s the reward for being your no.1 fan?” The taller asked his small husband.

“Hmm...how about..I become your no.1 fan too?” The rock star smirked..and kissed him afterwards.

 

=========== End =================

 

Thanks for reading :)