Pain, Bruises and No Explanations

That One Night [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for such a late update. I honestly don't have any excuse for why it is so late.

Probably because I was too stressed (and I still am)  from work and I couldn't bring myself to write. I have a new boss. Suddenly. No explanation why the old boss left.... so yeah, changes. And it didn't help I had a tiny crush on him.... lol

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. More to be revealed in next update. I won't promise you it will be updated soon, but I'll try my best. :)

THREE

 Jaehyun nudged Ten, jerking his chin at black haired boy sitting at their table. “Have you seen his face?” Ten internally rolled his eyes at the question. Not only it was impossible not to overlook those dark bruises all over Taeyong’s otherwise flawless face, it was also impossible to overhear Jaehyun’s question, since he didn’t even try to lower his voice.

Taking a deep breath, Ten only nodded his head to answer his friend and gave a quick glance to Taeyong, who was slowly sipping what was left of his soup. Thai boy hated to admit it, but seeing him like this made him want to protect him. Shaking his head at his thought, he looked back at Jaehyun who was looking at him with curiosity. ‘’What..?’’ Ten mouthed and shifted his attention to his food.

‘’You seem rather interested in him now.’’ Jaehyun winks at the other playfully. ‘’Someone might think you like him.’’ He didn’t bother to lower his voice even this time and at the mention of Ten liking someone, Taeyong swiftly turned his beaten face to look at the boys next to him. Ten suddenly felt hot under the collar as he felt those brown orbs practically burning holes in his head. He turned to face Taeyong with a silly smile plastered on his face. ‘’Don’t listen to anything he says. He’s talking trash these days…’’

Taeyong smiled a little at the boy who was talking a little too fast only to excuse something he didn’t even say himself. Taeyong hissed a little, his hand coming up to gently cup his face. Ten didn’t really give it much thought, but thinking about it now, not only those bruises looked bad, they must have hurt as hell even when Taeyong smiled.

‘’You okay?’’ Ten leaned closer to the other and placed his hand on others shoulder. He was surprised by his own actions. Why in the world was he acting like this?

‘’Y-yes.’’ Taeyong nodded his head and with his free hand he pushed Ten’s hand away.

Ten heard Jaehyun scoff and mutter something, that disagreed with Taeyong’s answer but he didn’t really care at that moment. ‘’You’ve been absent for some time, what happened-‘’

Black haired boy suddenly pushed his chair back, standing up right away. ‘’I have to get to class.’’ Taeyong quickly excused himself and hurried away, avoiding any questions.

Ten looked in the direction where Taeyong disappeared. When he looked back at Jaehyun, younger boy only shrugged. ‘’Why would you even ask him about it?’’ He shifted his attention back to his lunch, leaving Ten alone with his thoughts.

 

 

That day, his last class was shared with someone who tried to avoid him at all costs. When Ten reached his usual seat, he was surprised to find Taeyong seated in the back of the room, instead of his usual seat right behind Ten. Any other time, Ten would be annoyed that that bratty boy would sit behind him and kick his chair every few seconds. Now after what happened that night and Taeyong’s unusual absence from school, Ten was annoyed about his sudden change in behaviour. He hated Taeyong, but he hated his curiosity even more now for eating him up alive. He was way too curious about why the other was trying his best not to even meet him during the day.

Ten was too lost in his thoughts, when he snapped out of it, he realised that Taeyong was looking back at him with furrowed brows and eyes screaming confusion. Ten was sitting on his chair, still looking towards the back of the room where now black haired boy was seated, it was way too obvious that he was looking at him. Yet, Ten tried to play it out, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, pointing behind Taeyong. Taeyong let himself to be fooled and turned around hesitantly. However there was nothing behind him. Shaking his head, he turned around and found Ten’s seat empty. Taeyong couldn’t help himself and smiled at the way Ten acted today, right th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter