Morning After

That One Night [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It seemed like he suddenly sobered up, in the second he opened his eyes and found Taeyong leaning in for a kiss. His body reacted on his own and without second thought, his hand came up and slapped older’s cheek. Ten quickly stood up, but soon realised that it wasn’t such a great idea, as his head started to spin again, due to the amount of alcohol he drunk just a while ago. But there was no time to waste, he needed to get away from Taeyong who was still awestruck, not really comprehending what happened, but was still quick enough to catch up with Ten.

“Where are you going?” Taeyong asked and stood in front of younger boy who had no intention to make even one step more as he stopped in his tracks, and looked at Taeyong with his droopy bloodshot eyes. “You should sit down.” Taeyong muttered.

Ten blinked his eyes few times, trying hard to focus on what the other was saying and possibly even on his own reply. “It’s cold.” He muttered and automatically wrapped his arms around himself, as if to cover his body from the cold evening breeze.

Taeyong’s eyes formed beautiful crescents as he smiled at Ten’s cuteness. He loved his cuteness when he was drunk. No, he shouldn’t even think about loving Ten and he definitely shouldn’t mention drunk Ten. Because he knew well, what happened last time when the two of them got drunk. That night being the reason for all the hardships they were facing now. If only they didn’t meet that night, if only they stayed on their usual terms where they hated each other to death.

Taeyong let go of his thoughts, as his eyes registered how Ten started to shiver, he was obviously cold. Older boy shed his jacket and threw it over Ten’s shoulders, making younger boy look up at him. He looked so conflicted. Probably as much as Taeyong was himself, but luckily, Taeyong had more time to mentally prepare himself for all this. On the other hand, Ten got to know such thing only minutes ago.

“Don’t act so nice.” He could hear Ten say, but younger didn’t give the jacket back, instead he wrapped it tighter around his body, sniffing it. “Smells like you.” He smiles to himself, but freezes instantly upon realising what he said. “I mean… thanks.”

Taeyong smiled at Ten and wrapped his arm around him, pulling him closer to his side.

“What are you doing?” Ten asked but didn’t pull back.

“You said you’re cold.” Taeyong lied as he lead the way towards dormitories. It was true that he didn’t want Ten to be cold, but also, he saw that younger still had a problem walking straight. Fact that they were pressed side to side was only a bonus. But honestly Taeyong didn’t know anymore. As much as he hated the idea of them being half-brothers, he couldn’t care less at that moment because having Ten by his side was all that mattered.

 

“Stand here.” Taeyong groaned as he leaned the other against the wall. He let himself catch a breath and then turned back to Ten, searching his pockets for a keys to his room.

“Wh- what are you doing?” Ten looked to Taeyong who had his hand showed too deep in the pocked of Ten’s pants.

“Looking for keys to your room.” Older replied. “Mind telling me where they are?”

Ten giggled like a thirteen year old girl and pulled Taeyong to stand straight by his necktie. “Look here, Mr. Lee.” As soon as their gazes met, Ten knew it wasn’t such a great idea to look into these deep brown eyes. His whole body tensed up and even though there was still fair amound of alcohol in his system, his brain could fairly bring back the memories from the first time Taeyong brought him back drunk like this. It was similar moment, when he looked into the other’s eyes and he knew right then, that there is no way back.

“What…?” Taeyong asked, resigned. His reaction was similar to Ten’s as he rather took a step back, but younger still had his tie firmly gripped in his hand.

Ten looked to the ground and after a moment of silence, he looked back up at the other who had his gaze on the floor. “How did it come to this…?” Ten whispered and he didn’t even know when the first tear fell from his eye, rolling down his cheek.

Swallowing the sob that formed in his throat, Taeyong took hold of the hand that was still gripping his tie. Ten let go at once, his hand falling back to his side, while older took step forward and wiped the tears away with his tie.

“I’ve been praying for it to be only a bad joke…” Older let out, as he cradled side of Ten’s face in one hand, while with other wiped the tears away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter