☞ F I V E

⇅ G R A V I T Y ⇅
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i may not know everything about you,

yet i found you among a hundred million people.

"i'm freezing," doyoung said.

his fingers were barely visible, most of his hand being covered by an oversized sweatshirt. winter in seoul was always beautiful, especially on the roof. that didn't stop it from being absolutely frigid. the pair had vowed to always take a night and go up to the rooftop; it was a silent type of routine. right after practice they would hurry home, get changed into something more comfortable, and take a hike up the stairs to the roof to take in the view.

surprisingly, the roof was completely clear during that time of the year. the year before it had snowed so hard that the entire platform became their own special snow paradise, but that wasn't the case this time. the calendar ticked the end of december, and still no snow was to be seen. doyoung was a fan of white christmases but it didn't seem to be his year.

it was silent as they watched the twinkling lights below. the entire street was decorated, and everyone was out enjoying the little night events that the stores had set up. there were santa and elf hats floating around, and copious amounts of wrapped gifts in peoples' hands. for it being so crowded down there, the two could only feel grateful that they had found their own spot above it all that belonged solely to them.

while their team was also celebrating together in the dorm with cake and fried foods, doyoung and jaehyun had snuck off by themselves to do their own gift exchange. it was a popular thing to do in america when jaehyun resided there some years back, and he decided to pass it on to doyoung. other than a card or bag of sweets, korea as a whole didn't have a strong concept of christmas like the states did, and jaehyun felt like his hyung was missing out on the festivities. 

content with the atmosphere, doyoung turned to jaehyun. feeling eyes on him, jaehyun turned to him as well and the two shared a smile in the comfortable silence. the older of the two was the first to break contact, looking back down again. the younger took hold of his icy hand, bringing it up to his lips to funnel hot air into the cave of doyoung's fist.

doyoung flushed, biting the inside of his cheek. jaehyun was always overly affectionate to the point where it seemed like everything they did was a date. the younger always took charge, leading him to and fro, and always made sure doyoung didn't exert too much energy. he could feel the brush of the boy's lips on his skin and he visibly shivered.

jaehyun, who had his eyes on the other, noticed the shake and took up the other hand to begin heating it up. "if you're cold we can head back down."

"n-no," doyoung quickly refuted. his eyes were still wide from shock at the treatment he was recieving. "i want to give you your gift up here."

the younger didn't press on, and tucked doyoung's hands into the boy's own pockets as he took out a small box from his backpack. doyoung kneeled down as well and handed a bigger box over, all smiles. the elder knew of the superstition but he also knew that jaehyun had been pining over those shoes for a a few months, and to gift what he wanted so badly overpowered the urge to follow alongside an old wives' tale.

doyoung watched as the boy tore the sparkly wrapping paper off, opening the box. instantly, the smell of leather evaded their noses and he awaited a response nervously.

though he was touched that doyoung had paid enough attention to him to know what type of shoes he wanted, he could only tease the other at his choice in a gift. he flopped the shoes around wildly, laughing. "do you want me to run away with these? i thought we were close!"

"we are close!" doyoung said in rebuttal. "but you wanted them and i knew you would like it."

jaehyun hugged the sneakers close to his chest, a goofy grin fixed onto his face. "i love them, thank you, hyung."

"heh.. can i open mine now?" doyoung sat his bottom directly on the floor, peeling off the wrapping paper to reveal a teal box. on it read tiffany and co. "ah! girls' generation tiffany sunbae."

jaehyun laughed at the poor joke, shaking his head. when doyoung removed the cover of the box he was met with the sight of a sparkling silver ring. without knowing, he held his breath, taking the piece out to turn it in the moonlight. 

he pointed to the two lines that were parallel to each other. "that's you and me. i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter