☞ T W E N T Y - T W O

⇅ G R A V I T Y ⇅
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

now i'm comforting myself,

i tell myself there's no such thing as a perfect world.

i'm emptying myself bit by bit, 

the applause can't be mine forever.

doyoung didn't know what he expected to see when he finally shoved his keys into the front door and pushed, but the sight took his breath away -- literally. he was instantly tackled onto the floor by his older brother, the man not caring whether or not he was about two seconds away from breaking the idol. doyoung let out a shrill scream and clawed at the wood floor in attempt to get to safety.

his father came running down the stairs, the sound of his heavy feet resembling that of a hippo running in a safari. the older man was using one hand to keep his towel around his waist, the droplets from the shower raining over the two boys as he attempted to pull gongmyung, birth name donghyun, off of the tinier teen. the man's efforts were absolutely useless and donghyun grabbed hold of doyoung's face to spread sloppy kisses onto his pale cheeks.

yet again, the youngest of the family let out a deafening scream worthy of a horror movie, grabbing at the air for his father to save him. "dad, help! daddy!"

he gave the boy a pitiful look. it was almost like the two boys never moved out and were in their preteens again. giving up on his two sons, the man walked into the kitchen in search of his wife and once he found her he immediately yanked the headphones off of her head. surprised at the roughness of her husband she slapped him on the chest and then picked up the nearest tool (which happened to be a cheese grater) and waved it around at him. 

"dongwoo!" she shouted, face glowing red.

"yah!" he responded back with fervor.

"i was in the middle of a drama, what do you think you're doing?!"

at this he waved his arms around, soapy water flying everywhere. from closer inspection she could see that his hair still held shampoo and that he must have ran out from the shower. she held in a laugh as he spouted off, "your sons are fighting to the death in there and here you are watching -- what is that? -- cheese in the trap!"

"they aren't babies anymore! they can tak--" noticing the man's words she dropped the grater and made a mad dash into the livingroom. upon setting eyes on her youngest son she opened her arms big and wide to envelop both of them into her arms. "my baby!"

"what am i? chopped liver?" came an upset donghyun.

 

 

it was at dinner when his mother finally popped the question. "who is my future son-in-law?"

"how did you..?" the younger then looked at his brother who was smirking at him on the other side of the table. he slammed his chopsticks down and lunged for the man's neck. "you little--"

his father's head snapped up and he rose to take action, arms wrapping around doyoung's waist so the other couldn't climb the table. with the boy struggling in his arms he said, "i did it! i told your mother."

"you?!" the maknae then took a seat and pouted as he stomped his feet. "how could you?"

"well she asked what you had said on the phone and i told her you said you were in love. i didn't think it was much of a secret," the man said bashfully.

the woman could only smile. she leaned over the table to pile vegetables onto her youngest son's bowl and tapped the side of it impatiently. "tell mommy. i've been so curious!"

donghyun's eyes were twinkling as he rested his head on his chin, eyelashes batting wildly. "yes, we're all dying to hear, bunnylove."

"it's jaehyun," he muttered through a mouth full of rice and sides.

he could barely lift his eyes after the confession, already feeling the table rumbling from everyone's reaction. his family was absolutely nuts. wild. a mess. his mother was holding onto her chest as if holding her heart in, donghyun had leaned back into his chair and hacked up a piece of bulgogi, and his father was frozen with his eyes as round as saucers. 

"omo, omo omo omo!" his mother strung out dramatically. "jaehyunnie? the handsome boy in your group?"

although he was happy at the positive response, he shied away at the question. with his spoon he began to flatten his rice, grinding it into the ceramic bowl. he looked away in embarassment when he saw donghyun calm down and use his fingers to portray ual under the table, the older boy's eyebrow raising. doyoung wondered if a chopstick to the neck could kill a certain someone.

"well?" his mother prodded impatiently.

"who else could it be? not jaehyun our mailman!"

"omo!" she shouted again at the boy raising his voice. she then clung to her husband, peeking her eyes out at doyoung from behind the man. "look at that, dongwoo, he's about to bite my poor head off! omo omo omo!"

doyoung hissed in response.

after making a scene she sat back down and dabbed at her lips with a napkin. "jaehyun the mailman is hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter