Chapter 3

Can you hear me?

It was weekend but you have no means in going out to play.

You were trying out on the piano in the attic while rushing out your notes.

*composing, composing, composing. that's all you have been doing this whole afternoon*

"Eunnie." You heard your oppa calling you.

Chanhee climbed up the stairs and came in to the room.

"Shall I join you?" He asked as he brought along his guitar.

You nodded with a grin.

You started playing a nice yet unfamiliar melody on the piano.

"Is that your new composed song?" Chanhee asked.

You nod.

Chanhee patted your head like how Niel did and said : "My dongsaeng is getting more and more talented nowadays."

You and your oppa spent your day playing on the piano and the guitar, accompanying with your oppa's lovely voice.

*how you wished you can sing*

"Eunnie, do you know I have always wish that one day you can call me oppa? I wish to hear your voice. So you can sing with me." Your oppa said as he looked into your eyes and held your small hands.

You felt bad and lowered your head.

"Oppa will cure your illness one day. Take it slowly. No worries." Chanhee assured you.

You nodded and gave your oppa a hug.

*thanks oppa. you said it in your heart*

Chanhee, being the one that have seen you grow up, knew what you was thinking.

"No need to thanks oppa, I'm here to look after you, it's my duty." He smiled like an angel.

Just then, Chanhee's mother was screaming you and your oppa's name. "CHAN HEE AH!!! JA EUN AH!!"

"Yes umma?" Chanhee shouted back. "Eun, let's go down and take a look." You got up and walked down the stairs with your oppa.

 

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY APRON?" Mrs Lee shouted at them as she threw a pink apron with a big burnt hole towards Chanhee.

"Oh umma, this is an accident." Chanhee said.

"WHO DID THIS?" Mrs Lee barked.

"Me." Chanhee replied immediately.

He then explained. "It was like this. I was ironing clothes when someone called. So I took the call without turning off the iron and i placed it on the apron. And then it just got burnt like this. I'm so sorry."

You immediately shook your head vigorously but Chanhee gave you a little pinch on your arm.

"Yes this is how it happened." Chanhee said to his mum.

"Do you even think I believe you?" Mrs Lee said and she looked at you. "It must be this kid who is out to find faults with me. Right, Ja eun?"

You quickly shook your head again.

"I wonder why I chose to adopt a mute kid like you! If it's not for Chanhee's father, I wouldnt even want to adopt you." Mrs Lee shouted and left the kitchen.

You teared up.

"Umma! I told you it's me! Not Eun." No matter how hard Chanhee tried to explain, Mrs Lee will never listen.

"Don't worry, Eunnie. Mum was just being angry. She doesnt mean it. That apron was a gift from dad, so please dont be angry with my mum, okay?" Chanhee comforted you.

You nodded and scribble a note for Chanhee. You wrote : "Thanks oppa. Thanks for covering it up for me. =)"

 

Few weeks ago,

You were watching a cooking show while doing some ironing. Mum was out for her grocery and Chanhee was inside his room, singing. You were scribbling some recipes onto a notebook that you didnt find yourselves leaving the iron on at the highest temperature on top of the pink apron. Just few minutes after you have finished copying the recipes, you found a big hole on the apron. Chanhee came down right at that time and saw it. He didnt scold you. Yet, he told you not to mention anything about this.

A nice oppa you have there, gurl.~~~

-End of chaper 3-

a/n: thanks for reading!