Heartbroken

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one cares about me. Why would they? I'm a worthless piece of crap that someone can discard whenever they want to. He left me. Everyone leaves me. Now I'm sitting alone on the cold floor of the bathroom. Alone. All by myself. No one comforting me. No one here. Just me. Here all alone, with tears blurring my eyesight. Every drop of this salty water reminds me of every memory. Happy memories. When I used to be happy. Me, in a happy mood, thinking everything would turn out great. Me, running in the bright sun, thinking my life is now better with him. That me is gone; long gone. It's gone far away, just like him.

By now I would be at the campus talking to him. Laughing my heart away at his predictable jokes. Smiling at every compliment he showers me with. Telling me I'm the 'only girl' for him.

Is it because I'm chubbier than others? Looking down at my thighs I realise I'm fatter than I expected. "You don't need to lose weight, you're perfect the way you are!" He said. Sure, of course I am. Is that why you were kissing that girl? The girl who was skinny and pretty. The girl who was everything that I wasn't. The girl who was better than me.

I'm not good enough. Screw it, I was never good enough. Never have, never will be. If I'm gone would anyone even miss me? Looking at this couple ring gives me hope. Maybe he will miss me. But for the pass couple of months I have never saw him wear it.

I remember. Girls were crowding around someone's desk, talking about the latest gossip, as they normally do. I didn't mind them. That was until I heard my name repeated over and over again. Subtle glances pointed towards me. Curious, I walked up to them. Suddenly their whispering stopped. The silence was unbearable as they all looked at me with pity looks. A girl spoke up. The one who was sitting down, obviously the leader of this group. The only thing she told me was to go to the back of the building. I looked at my watch, I had plenty time before the class started. I started to run. The expression on the girls faces looked very serious. I had a feeling I was supposed to run.

When I finally arrived, I stopped in my tracks. And there he was, ladies and gentlemen. Making out with that girl. They were sitting on the bench that was built there. Her on his lap, her hand holding his hair. His hand then pulled her closer. Anyone could tell he wanted it too. But his hand, the one where the ring normally sat, was not there. It was on the grass in front of the bench. Probably thrown to the ground like my feelings, my heart, my love.

When I sobbed a little too loud for my liking, I quickly went behind the wall for a shelter so they can't see me. They stopped; heads turning towards the source of the sound. That's when I saw her. It was his project partner. For the past months, we grew apart because this project was very 'important' to him. He turned date nights into practicing singing the song to make it perfect. Now the project is more important than me. It always was. When they saw nothing, they went back to breaking my heart a little more. It felt like a stab, a gun shot and a hammer all hit me at once. Torturing me every second.

I looked up so my tears could fall back into my eyes if that was possible. The sun was shining bright. No clouds in the sky. In other words, a person could see I was crying from a mile away. I sobbed again. Louder than the last time. I heard someone asking who was there. That's when I decided I needed to run. Far away. But not as far as he drifted away from me.

That moment brought me here. It's been a week- it feels like an eternity- since I witnessed it. I threw my phone  at the wall because the ringing and vibrations annoyed me. I knew who it was from. He was the only one who rang me. It annoyed me so much because he was worried. It showed he gave a single about me. It showed he cares. Sadly my phone didn't break so I just turned it off.

I moved out of my apartment since I knew he would try to look for me there. I now live in a smaller apartment I rented. I make a mental note in my head to get my other stuff I needed, at a suitable time when I know he wouldn't be there. 

I haven't been to the co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter