chapter 2

One Night...

 

Next day

Taeyang was finally up. It was early though, but he wanted to go home. He went to the bathroom with his eyes closed and nothing else covering him. He stood in front of the toilet bowl and did his thing. Afterwards, he flushed it.

Meanwhile…

____ (you) woke up from the sudden noise. She was startled and her head was dizzy. She rolled over the bed and felt cold. She sat up and looked around.

“Where am I?” she asked herself softly. She scratched her head then her arms. She felt the cold air brushing on her pale skin and shivered. She opened her eyes only to see herself wrapped up in a white blanket.

“Omo, where are my clothes?” she started to look for it and found it on the edge of the bed. As she tried to grab it, she found khaki pants beside her clothes. She placed it up higher and wondered what it was doing there.

“No… way!” she spoke but no words seemed to come out. ____ looked under the blanket and didn’t saw any sign of garments on her. Just then, the bathroom door opened and there came out Taeyang with a towel under his upper torso.

____ gasped loudly and he heard it. He stared at her for awhile and all she did was hyperventilate.

“AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!” she yelled loudly which made Taeyang panic.

“Shh! Wait! Don’t scream like that!!” he yelled. He attempted to come near her but she would shoo him away with her yelling.

“Hey, ____! It’s me!” he yelled to her. “Chingu! I’m your friend! Taeyang! Don’t you remember me anymore?!”

“AAAHHHH!!!!” was all she could say. “Go away!!!!” and Taeyang did what she asked. He didn’t have to think twice because all he wanted for her was to shut up.

“AISH!” he yelled outside the hallway kicking the wall. Some of the people in that floor went out. Some were girls and they started to giggle as they saw him like that. But some were annoyed too.

Meanwhile…

“Omo! Ottoke?! What am I even doing here?!” ____ talked to herself as she panicky dressed up and gathered some of her clothes.

“Sh*t! Why is my skirt ripped?! Oh, whatever!” she only wore her uniform loosely and wore her cycling. Her hair was a total disaster and she didn’t even have the time to wash herself.

“I’m leaving! This place is hell!” she yelled before going out. As she went out, she found Taeyang with an apologetic face and he looked nervous.

“____, talk to me.” he grabbed her hand lightly but she shoved it away.

“Never ever show your face to me ever again!” she slapped him very hard which caused it to turn red. But he didn’t show any emotions. ____ ran to the elevator.

“Wait!!” Taeyang ran to follow but before doing so, he went back in and wore his pants and shirt, not bothering t wear his shoes.

____ was hailing a cab when he was about to go out.

“____, wait!!” he yelled.

“Ahjussi! Let me in please!” ____ called out to the driver. Before Taeyang can even get close to the taxi, it went away which left him running after it.

“____!!!!” he felt helpless and collapsed on the ground. “AARGH!”

She just kept silent on the taxi, letting out small sobs.

“Gwenchana?” the ahjussi asked her.

“Ye.” She answered.

“Let me guess. You left your boyfriend?” he asked again and ____ glared at him on the mirror.

“It’s not even close. Not anymore.”

Meanwhile…

Taeyang tried to call the other two guys who made him sleep in that room. But none of them answered. He could do nothing but yell whenever ____’s furious face would show up in his mind.

Next, next, next day

____ went in the school anyway. She was predicting that her schoolmates would about what had happened. She already found out that Ji Yong and Seung Hyun did it. Now, they’re hiding for a bit. That was the worst thing that happened to her. But when she arrived, there was no sign of teasing. It was like nothing happened.

Yuri looked for her friend. She went almost every classroom but she didn’t found her. But one thing she knew, ____ always goes up the rooftop when she’s upset. Then maybe, she really was.

“____-shii!” Yuri called. But ____ didn’t even budge.

“Ya, why are you not answering when I’m calling you?” she said and sat beside her at the edge of the roof.

“Unnie.”

“Aigoo, don’t call me unnie. We’re only months apart.” But Yuri could tell that she was serious, every time she calls her unnie.

“What’s the problem? Huh? Tell me.” she said. ____ was silent for a moment, formulating a question.

“Unnie, since Taeyang came, did you two talked about something?” ____ asked.

“Anio. When he came to my house, he just gave me a present then left. He said he was really tired and that he needed time to rest. I understood him so I let him be. Wae?”

“Would you stay untouched for him?” ____ asked.

“Yeah, of course! Why do you ask?”

“Unnie, last three days ago…”

Yuri looked at her seriously. She wasn’t ready for it but she wanted to listen.

“… Taeyang… he,” she stopped, unable to stop her tears.

“What did Taeyang do?” she sounded nervous.

“Taeyang… he slept, with me.” then she sighed deeply. Yuri was speechless and couldn’t even blink. She was too shocked.

“Bwoh??”

“Unnie, honestly, I didn’t know what he was doing there. He just…”

“Don’t narrate it to me!!!” Yuri stood away from her like she was a dirty person.

“Unnie let me explain!” ____ wanted to go near her but Yuri ran away crying.

“AAARRGGHHH!!!!”  She yelled from the top of her lungs.

Next day

____ was still at the rooftop. Yuri ignored her like she didn’t saw her. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun went to school as if nothing happened. From the top, ____ saw Taeyang going in the gate of the school. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun waited up for him. But Taeyang gave them a punch as soon as he approached them.

“Oh no!” _____ exclaimed and ran down.

Meanwhile…

“I trusted you Ji Yong!” Taeyang yelled after he punched him. Ji Yong lay on the ground while Seung Hyun attended on him.

“What’s wrong with you Taeyang?!” Seung Hyun asked him fiercely. Ji Yong was unable to speak since Taeyang’s punch really hurt him.

“Hyung, I trusted you too! Didn’t you know how she looked at me?!”

“Oppa!” Yuri approached them. “What’s going on?”

“Stay out of this please.” Taeyang said.

“She’s your girlfriend anyway.” Ji Yong said while coughing.

“What girlfriend? Yuri doesn’t even know about it!”

“She was there Taeyang. We brought her there.” Seung Hyun insisted.

“No she wasn’t! It was someone else there!”

“Oppa! I don’t understand. Why am I even involved here?!” Yuri asked him.

“You were there weren’t you?!” Ji Yong stood up and went to Yuri. “Tell us!” Ji Yong grabbed her collar.

“Don’t touch her!” Taeyang tried to shove him away.

“Is it about you and ____?” Yuri asked him. Taeyang fell silent.

“What?!” Seung Hyun exclaimed. “____?!”

“You’re a liar!” Ji Yong let her go while he slump her to the ground.

“YA!” ____ suddenly came. “What are you doing with her?!”

“____-shii.” Taeyang was glad to see her again.

“You bullied me, now you’re bullying her too?!”

“____, what are you saying?” Ji Yong asked confusedly.

“Don’t you remember? You were the one who put me to bed! And because of that, I have to act that I hate Taeyang for that!”

“What are you talking about?! It was Yuri in the room, not you.” Seung Hyun insisted.

“You think you did. But I was there. Don’t tell me I’m lying cause it happened to me. All the bullying you did.”

“Oh sh*t.” Ji Yong muttered. “Hyung, we must’ve put her there instead of Yuri.”

“Not my fault. I was just doing what you’re telling me.” Seung Hyun said casually.

“You really don’t care what people think; what I think.” ____ decided not to continue the day at the school and went to where she always goes. She used to go at the top of the hill when she was young. She would always go there with Taeyang.

She climbed up the tree and stayed there thinking what she should do next. Her eyes had drained out of tears after three days of staying late, using all the tissue paper to wipe her stupid tears.

“Are you done meditating?” someone called. She looked down; surprised to see Taeyang below. She ignored him and looked up.

“Look, I wanna talk.” He spoke again. ____ jumped in front of her.

“You wanna talk?! I won’t be listening.” She said and walked away.

“Just hear me out.” He held her hand but she shoved it right away.

“Don’t touch me Taeyang. Really, when I see you, you disgust me! I wish it never happened to me! I wish I never knew you in the first place! I wish we were never friends again after I came back few years ago!” she ran away again.

“But if it never did, then I wouldn’t have longer existed!” he yelled and ____ stopped.

“Don’t say it. Yuri is the reason for your living.”

“She isn’t. Honestly, I tried loving her so that I could get close to you again. Why were you even trying to stay away from me?”

“Because I thought I’m no longer there; in where you used keep me, where I always keep you.” ____ said.

“A man always keeps his promise ____. I am that kind of man.” He walked in front of her but she won’t look at him.

“I guess I didn’t believe you.”

“But if you really hate me, punch me. Punch me like you always did before! Anyway, I’m always the person that causes trouble in your life.”

“Yeah, you always cause me trouble!!!” ____ lifted her fist on the air and attempting to hit it on his face. Not until her stomach hurt first.

“Owww!!” she yelled in pain and curled down on the ground.

“____? What’s wrong?” he asked offering a hand. He still touched her even though it wasn’t allowed. ____ seemed to be okay with it since her stomach was hurting her.

“Owww!!! Taeyang, it really hurts!!” she exclaimed. Every time she was hurt, she would always call his name and eventually, he comes.

“Where exactly does it hurt? Do you want me to touch it?” he asked nervously.

“Anio.” She cried.

“Then what shall we do? Honestly, I dunno what we should do.”

“Taeyang, it hurts!”

Then suddenly, her stomach growled. They paused for awhile, surprised. Then, Taeyang laughed out loud and it was never ending.

“Aish! Stop laughing! Whenever you had this, I don’t laugh!” ____ pouted but he couldn’t stop laughing. “Whatever, I’m leaving.” She walked away, limping.

“Ya, ya! Cheokyeo!!” he called and caught up to her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he asked while grabbing her hand. She glared at him and he let go.

“I’m gonna look for food. I’m starving.”

“I can’t bear seeing you like that.” He said. ____ sighed deeply. “I can carry you at the end of the hill. After that…”

“Whatever, I can walk.” She ignored him again. Taeyang sighed deeply and caught up to her, scooping her up from the ground. ____ tried to stop him but he won’t. So until they arrived at the end of the hill, he carried her gently.

“Be careful where you’re touching Taeyang, or else your dead.” ____ said.

“Isn’t this fun? We’re skipping classes.” He smiled at her while laughing. ____ tried not to smile back, pretending it wasn’t contagious.

“We’re getting close, put me down.” She said and he obeyed.