1 : Bandaids

Of Genies & Criminals

 

 

 

"Why is this so... ing heavy." Jongdae -the taxi driver- huffed as he set down the last box out of Byun Baekhyun's twelve other boxes in front of his passenger's door (he didn't know how those boxes fit in his small vehicle, but honestly, it's better not to ask) . "The last time I checked, I'm a licensed taxi driver, not a payable weight lifter." 

 

The driver sassed his way back to his precious taxi while feeling like he sweated all his sweat for the week.

 

Baekhyun, who is silently watching from his doorway (after carrying three boxes and saying he needs to pee as an excuse not to suffer), followed the poor driver and payed him enough for the ride and some incentives for carrying his things. 

 

"Well, I'm sorry for the additional work. Don't worry, if you have other complains, you can tell me. Because last time I checked, I'm a licensed police officer...so--" Baekhyun looked down and  tucked his hands inside his jeans' pocket to pull out more incentives or maybe his calling card but when he look up the taxi driver (and the taxi) isn't there anymore.

 

Baekhyun sighed then turn around to face his new 'home'.

 

"Well, home sweet new home."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---x---

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol entered the cafe one of his, dare I say, pets, set up as a meeting place. The said pet is seen standing in line to order in the counter so Chanyeol used this time to find a table to sit.

 

He observed the relatively ordinary cafe, consisting of only one counter and five other customers; but who to blame anyway? I mean, it's summer and those who drink coffee at this season are mostly those who needs the drink to function properly or those people who can't doesn't want to sleep at night. Chanyeol waited for minutes, and as another minute passed, his patience starts to break causing him to peer another look at the counter only to find 'pet' flirting with a black haired, doe eyed counter boy.

 

The taller can't help but roll his eyes when Jongin ordered his black coffee, followed by an "I don't really need anything with sugar, you're sweet enough for me, babe." Like, how lame is that?!

 

Anyway, thinking that he doesn't have time to sit and listen to Jongin's constant cheesiness and the counter boy's irritated 'Sir, for the last time, I will bring your drinks to your table. Please 'go away'; the customers behind you needs to order too' RUDE , he decided to send a message to the pet.

 

 

From: THE BOSS

     u sure are taking ur time

 

 

He watch as Jongin walks towards the table behind him while getting his phone in his pocket. After 16 seconds (yes, he counted) the sun-kissed skin man hastily looked up with the 'mission' of  looking for his boss only to find the said boss staring right into his soul, making him chuckle nervously. Chanyeol can't help but laugh. 'HA! The amount of power I have'

 

When they're seated right infront of each other -already drinking their coffee delivered to them by the counter boy who's glaring at Jongin- Chanyeol asked why is he here in the first place.

 

"You remember that guy you used to bully in high school?" The taller sip his coffee and ransack his brain. The one I bullied in high school? 

 

"Which one?"

 

"You know, the guy who always said he wants to be a police so he can catch you without a reason and plot your death while you're caged in prison." The boss looks confused for a second then raise both of his eyebrows in recognition.

 

"Ah you mean Baekhyun? That Byun Baekhyun?" Jongin gave him a nod and a smile before the doe eyed counter boy - Kyungsoo, based on his name plate, appeared again at their table.

 

"Good afternoon, gentlemen. Sorry for bothering you and your conversation, but would you like to order anything else?" Chanyeol only peek at his obviously fake smile before returning his glance to his pet.

 

"You've turned me down before, but I'll go ask for an extra shot." Then he winked. JONGIN WINKED. EW. Not unknowingly, both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo scowl at his attempt to pull off the 'suave'.

 

"So another black coffee, sir?" he recieved a nod and immediately turned to Chanyeol before the creepy stranger pull out another flirting face on him. "What about you, sir?"

 

"Oh, don't bother getting me anything. I'll leave in a few minutes." The counter boy bowed at them before he left. "Sooo, what about Baekhyun?"

 

"Huh, so eager to hear about Baekhyun eh?" The pet released a very annoying chuckle but really it's hot, Chanyeol is just being a cockroach.

 

Chanyeol looked at him with his infamous poker face, "The last time I checked" the boss leaned in and mention Jongin to do the same until he can feel Chanyeol's breath against his ear "I can kill you, your family, and that pretty little counter boy; any minute, anywhere." He straighten his back to look at the stiff Jongin who is very uncomfortable but deep inside he's slightly glad that his boss won't kill his dogs. Then a smirk traveled its way to his face.

 

"So pet no.1201, what's the deal with Byun Baekhyun?"

 

 

 

 

--x--

 

 

 

 

 

 

When he opened the last box, the puppy-like man saw his childhood toys namely Mr. Ducky and Mr. Grapes.

 

"Why did my mom packed this?" he scoff and was about to put the box in a corner he knew he would never go to, he saw his old high school backpack. A sudden and unreasonable nostalgia hit him and before he realize it, he is already rummaging his bag. Inside, there's his old books, notes, lamp, pen case, colori-- wait, a lamp?

 

Baekhyun raise his left brow in confusion. Whose lamp is this? Did my mother put this here? What the hell am I suppose to do to a lamp? He held the lamp which is slightly covered with dust.

 

He decided to use the lamp for his new home's decoration, so he touch the thing in the way he carress his ex-boyfriend's hair named Kyungsoo. No worries, they broke up in good terms when they realize what they had isn't love. Something in between the line of friendship and brotherhood.

 

He's not expecting anything, really. He's not expecting smoke to come out of the lamp which is now dust-free and golden, he's obviously not expecting a person to form in the fading smoke like they did in those fairytales, and what he's not expecting the most is a 'smokeguy' looking at him with an irritated face.

 

"Finally! ing finally!" the unknown man screamed, flailing both of his -surprisingly muscular- arms in the air, eyes rolling back.

 

"If I'm not so shocked right now, I might think that that's your face." Baekhyun deadpanned causing the man to scoff at him.

 

"Me, a genie" the man point at himself, "finally got out of your" he pointed at Baekhyun "undeniably stinking bag after so many years, and the first time you saw me, that's the thing you'd say?"

 

And Baekhyun just shrug, because really, tell him he's not dreaming and he'll probably kick your . "I don't know about you Mr. Genie, but I got work so I really need to wake up right now or else I'll imprison myself because I'm going crazy." The genie rolled his eyes (if he won't stop rolling those annoying eyes, Baekhyun might just scoop them out) "But for the record Mr. Genie, you'll probably the only person who appeared in my dream that isn't my parents."

 

Choosing to ignore Baekhyun's stubborness, the genie grumbled "I don't care if you don't believe me, idiot, but you have three wishes, I'll grant one now. And for Pete's sake don't call me Mr. Genie, for I have 'Minseok' as a wonderful name."

 

Thinking it's not probably real anyway, he blurted out the first thing on his mind.

 

"Mr. Minseok, I want a car."

"Sure, you materialistic peasant."

 

The last thing Baekhyun saw was a phoenix tattoo on an unknown man's very pleasantly toned arms. Minseok the genie may or may not have forgotten to tell Baekhyun 'THE GENIE RULE's very important rule.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--x--

 

 

 

 

 

"S-sir! We have a problem!" Sehun or pet no.0412 burst into Chanyeol's room. (hE ALMOST SPIT HIS WINE) The boss faced him with an irritated glare.

 

"Don't you now how to knock?!" The pet shivered but reply anyways "I'm so sorry,sir. But we have a problem."

 

"What is it?" Chanyeol twirl his wine glass, causing the blood red drink to swirly.

 

"Remember the building we burned last week? Apparently, one person survived the fire, a-and, Gangnam Police District hired a new police officer on the same day, who will handle the case. The survivor accepted his offer to be a witness. Yifan hacked their system for fun but he was shocked to see your face on the front page of the polices' files. We also found out the the new officer has a thing for art s-so...your face.. is very recognizable." Sehun released a deep sigh then bowed three times as if to say 'it's not my fault don't kill me'.

 

"!" The boss threw his glass on the wall, glasses fell on the floor but one managed to flew on his handsome face, resulting small amount of blood to come out. "Okay, first thing's first, what's the name of this ing ammature?!"

 

"B-baekhyun, sir. Byun Baekhyun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So pet no.1201, what's the deal with Byun Baekhyun?"

"H-he got a new house here in Gangnam. What's more surprising is that, you live two houses away."

"Huh, that's interesting."

"That's not all, actually. One of my sources said he's having a house warming party tomorrow."

"..so?"

"Why not come to this party? You know, like the 'good' old times."

Chanyeol smirked, "Well Jongin, better sleep tight because we have a party to crush and another pet to claim in the next few hours."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--x--

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun, on his way to work, driving his brand new car with a sore throat, he screamed earlier because he freaked out like 'ohmygod i have car keys on my dining table omygod' , finally accepting that yes, I have a genie in my guest room and yes, I have a car. OMG. Thinking that the Minseok would be bored, he brought the genie with him (having a genie in your car is not weird, okay).

 

In his moment of experiencing eureka caused by the car, he forgot to lock his door. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay, so Officer Byun, I need your report regarding the burned building last week." Chief Officer Yixing said the moment Baekhyun entered his office.

 

"Yes, sir. The witness confirmed that the one I drew is the one who keeps ordering the criminals around. There was more than ten men, others were guarding a tall man-that is probably their boss- but mostly were busy killing people in more ways than one. It is also said that the boss has a low voice and called his men 'pets'." Baekhyun furrowed his brows, because he can't seem to tell Yixing that the criminals' boss looks familiar to him.

 

"I see. What about the boss's personal information?" Yixing inquired, not looking at Baekhyun.

 

"W-well about that, I haven't had any evidence or input that'll lead me to him." The police officer chuckled nervously.

 

"What?! You've been working on those for five days - almost a week, I need those immediately Mr. Byun." The Chief exclaimed, and Baekhyun whimper a little (he is so puppy).

 

"Y-yes, sir!" And Baekhyun is out of the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a long day of staring at the boss's picture because he'll fight you when you say that that man's face isn't handsome that man really looks familiar. Or all of these are just excuses because he's feeling lazy to work today. So he excuse himself and decided to go home. He has a party to host later anyway (and it's already 6pm so..)

 

He sighed in relief when he saw his car at the parking lot, 'thank goodness, it's real', then hastily sit on the driver's seat. He decided to sit for a while, then remembers something. 

 

"Minseok!" he carress the lamp that is carefully seated on the back seat and poof! a wild Minseok appeared.

 

"What do you want, peasant?" the genie gumbled because he was sleeping, 'genies need 12 hours of sleep to control magic properly!' he said.

 

"Minseok, I have this case that I can't solve. You have magical powers right? Can you solve this for me? Pleeease." he pulled out his best puppy face that'll probably make everyone coo but Minseok is a so "N.O. No."

 

"But whyyy???" Both the puppy's feet are kicking everywhere, it's a relief the car's not 'on' yet, or else they'll both die... Okay, so only Baekhyun will die because Minseok is a smoke.

 

"I can only grant specific wishes. How can I do my magic to the 'criminal' when I don't even know who she/he is or where she/he is. I'm a genie, Baekhyun, not an agent." The police officer can only scowl and traveled his way back to his house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--x--

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure this is okay?" Jongin whispered as they went inside Baekhyun's surprisingly unlocked house. It's already dark outside and they made sure that no one will see them broke into someone's house like the bad guys they are. Chanyeol only scoffed at him, probably saying 'seriously, bro?'

 

"We're not even doing anything, Jongin. If someone saw us, we'll just say we are Baekhyun's neighbor and we need something from him but when we knock no one's answering inside. So we didn't really went inside without permission because the door's already unlocked." The boss whispered in the dark (he can't even see his own hands) , not so subtly banging his knee on the coffee table and hissing in pain. He bend his upper body to touch the pained knee but his accidentally made contact with something, and the said something fell to the floor with a loug crashing sound. Both men froze.

 

 

And that's when they heard the opening of the door, lights switching on, and a beautiful voice shouting "WHO ARE YOU?! WHY ARE YOU ING HERE?!"

 

 

 

 

"WE'RE NOT ING! I MEAN, ! RUN!" A deep voice resonate throughout the whole room and two boys ran for their lives using the backdoor which they happen to only see now (thanking the architect of Baekhyun's house because omygod if the backdoor isn't there they are dEAD).

 

When the three running boys reach the street of Baekhyun's (and Chanyeol's) neighborhood, the tallest of them saw a freaking bicycle and thought, why the ing not, so he ran towards the bicycle and used it to escape, and left Jongin behind screaming 'hyung! hyung don't leave me!' until he saw an intersection.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun can't believe it! There are two unknown guys inside his house but one of them, who's wearing a black wifebeater, fitting perfectly on his well shaped and toned abs,and muscular arms containing a phoenix-like tattoo that Baekhyun wants to very much. Okay what?,  looks really familiar (again, why is there so many familiar faces in his life?)

 

The taller shouted something like 'Run!' causing the puppy to wake up from his own reverie and run too, chasing those two offenders.

 

When they got into an intersection (with the hot man that Baekhyun wants to , riding a bicycle), Baekhyun was conflicted for he didn't know who to follow. But then a sudden honk was heard behind him and he found his car, with Mr. Minseok driving, and the window rolling down. "So I thought you'd appreciate some help." the genie raise his eyebrows and smile.

 

Baekhyun can't help but be thankful though, so he immediately ushered Minseok to sit at the backseat because he wants to go monster with his driving and he didn't want a dead genie on his passenger seat. "Are you ready, Minseok? You will finally know how it feels to chase the bad guys." Then a soft chuckle can be heard in the small vehicle, causing Minseok to fasten his seatbelt. "Ofcourse, I always am."

 

 

He didn't know what urges him to, but he chose to follow that handsome guy who went to the left path, sitting his on a bicycle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was, no, is, panicking, because throughout his whole bicycle ride, a black car is following him from behind. He looks back, and saw the driver's teeth. Omygod, the driver is smirking. And probably looking at him. So he did what a normal person would do. He pedals faster and faster and faster until he knew it'll probably hurt tomorrow morning. That is, if he is still alive tomorrow. He look back again, but saw that the car is almost only 20 inches away from him.

 

Ohmygod. I don't want to die I don't want to die.

 

Baekhyun saw the man fastening his pace, so safe to say, he did the same. Leaving only a little distance between him and the sleeveless man. He is thinking of how long this night will be, or how long will he stop chasing this man who didn't have the intention of stopping. A little buzzing sound was heard and Minseok squealed in slight shock, with Baekhyun looking at him weirdly.

 

"Seriously? It's just a phone." Baekhyun drive with one hand on the steering wheel and the other meddling with his 'fairly new' phone. There are 6 messages in total, 3 from his ex, 2 from Junmyeon (his nerdy friend) and 1 from Chief Yixing. He stole a quick glance at the hot man infront of his car, then looked back at his phone.

 

He opened the messages of his ex first, all of them containing "Where are you?" "I am outside your house now." "The door isn't locked.I'm coming in." only remembering now that he has a small event at home. But screw it. The only other person beside him is Kyungsoo and his new -friend- Minseok, anyway. Then he opened Junmyeon's message. "Sorry, I can't attend your housewarming party, I'm busy today." "Baeeek, my boyfriend broke up with me. Set me on a blind date~" Since when did nerds became flirty?

 

He opened the last one, the one from his superior. 

 

From: Chief Yixing

     I found the information you can't find. Their boss is Park Chanyeol, and he live in the same neighborhood as yours. You will notice him at once, since he's tall and he has a phoenix tattoo in his arms. I handed this case to you, even though you're newly hired, because I know you can do it. Don't disappoint me, Police officer Byun.

 

Oh wow. It's even indented. But wait, Park Chanyeol?! The Park Chanyeol who used to bully me in high school?! The Park Chanyeol who stole my notes and put trash in my locker?! You mean, THAT Chanyeol?

 

So phoenix is his thing now, huh? Baekhyun glared at the man infornt of him, who's struggling to breath from exhaustion. He didn't want to do this, because that means he didn't solve it with his own ability, but whatever.

 

"Minseok, can I have my second wish?" he asked without looking back at Minseok (who wants to puke).

"Sure."

 

"You see that man in front of us? I want him inside the car. Now."

 

 

 

He didn't know what happened. In a minute, he can feel the night breeze trashing his hair around, willing it to be messy, but the next second, he's inside a car, sitting in the passenger sit with Byun Baekhyun as the driver, and a guy behind them who looks pale and kinda green.

 

"Byun Baekhyun?"  his eyes widen as the driver turned his head towards him, and his sight is met with a very feminine and beautiful looking boy. With a caramel color hair that fits with his soft (probably) white skin, pink plump lips and deep black orbs. "Wow."

 

"So we meet again, huh? Park Chanyeol?" Then he smirked. A smirk. 'How hot can he be?!' But he didn't pay any attention to what his mind said at all, and replied back with his own smirk. "Yes, and you're still a midget."

 

"Are you seriously bringing that up?"

"Oh well, can't I? I'm still a little upset that my new neighbor didn't invite me to his house warming party"

"What? Are you stalking me? You better keep your to your own business, Park, or you'll have ten guns sticking in." 

"Uhuh, I see. So the midget is a big guy now eh?" Park freaking Yeol chuckled, seemingly amused because of how comfortable he got with a police.

"Yeah. Because you're not as scary as you used to be, Yeol. Where's the big bad wolf now, Mr. Criminal?"

 

It was supposed to be tense, but they can't help but feel comfortable. Minseok is the only one that's uncomfortable, either he knew he shouldn't be there right now, or he really wants to puke.

 

"Tsk. Atleast I've had more than twenty girls and boys alike wanting to meet me in bed." The taller said, his smirk still handsomely placed on his face.

"What do you want to imply?! I had boyfriends too! Well, only boyfriend." Baekhyun pouts at the lack of argument he has, but continues with an "Atleast I have my parents with me."  

 

Baekhyun's small droopy eyes widen at what he said. Oh crap! He forgot Chanyeol was raised in an orpan. SHI-

 

"Atleast I'm not someone who acts like I want to marry my parents!"

"What?! You're currently degrading me and my parents, young man an--"

"Oh yeah?! Atleast I'm not someone who make someone parentless feels even more parentle--"

 

 

"Stop, okay?!, I have someone out there who loves me that is not my parents!" Baekhyun stopped the car to avoid any accidents, he has a criminal to send tomorrow anyway.

 

Chanyeol send a challenging stare, "Uhuh? How will you prove it, Baek?" he expected a conflicting look from Baekhyun, but what he got is a very pleasant smile.

 

"Minseok, I decided what my third wish is. Bring the person who loves me -that isn't my parents- inside this car." Minseok looks at him with a questioning stare.

 

"I can't do that."

 

"I told you Baekhyun, there's just no one."

 

"T-then, bring someone I love -that isn't my parents- inside this car!"

 

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun. I can't do that either."

 

"HA! See? See?" Chanyeol looks like he won lottery when Baekhyun keeps asking Minseok 'why why why whhhyyy' . And he actually find it cute. WHUT 

 

"Baekhyun, I can't do that. Because that someone you're looking for is currently sitting at the passenger seat of your car."

 

 

There's silence. With Baekhyun and Chanyeol looking at each other. Be it shock, confusion or distrust. It was all silence, then Baekhyun decided to break it.

 

 

 

"I know what my third wish is."

"What is it?"

 

"Give me bandaids." Minseok (and surprisingly, Chanyeol) look at him like he's some ghost. "Why would you waste you wish for a ing bandaid?"

 

"Just give me bandaids!" The puppy boy said while rolling his eyes.

 

 

 

When the bandaids are on his hands, he opened one which is disgustingly designed with small red hearts, and he carress the scar on Chanyeol's face lightly, and put the band aid on.

 

"Well, since I'm supposed to be inlove with you, you're probably worth the last wish right?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the other side of the road:

 

"Ohmygod! I left my pocket on Byun Baekhyun's house." he run back to Baekhyun's house because, THAT IS IMPORTANT AND I'M BROKE.

 

"Kyungsoo? What are you doing here?!"

 

In the middle if drinking coffee inside Baekhyun's house, Kyungsoo jumped in shock, causing the coffee to spill on his shirt.

 

"Ohmygod I'm sorry!" Jongin fussed around him but he remained calm. He replied,

 

"It's alright. the coffee's hot, but you're hotter."

 


 

 

 


A/N:

 

      THAT'S IT I'M OUT! HAHAHAA

 

 Thanks for reading~~~