Final

Little Runaway

 

“No, no you don't get it. They are in love.” Luhan said with an angry voice.
“Pft. Bull . They totally hate each other, I mean who would act like that when they are in love? The boy had literally made her life miserable.” Suho retorted, his eyes were still on the little TV on their not that so secret office.
Luhan was a 24 year old, who had graduated from his university of Fine Arts. But after he couldn't find a proper job to support himself as he paints the first pieces of arts in his one room apartment, he listened to his friend Xiumin’s nagging. Apparently to live he was supposed to work so he can bring food to his home and also pay his taxes.
Being a grown up . You had to pay taxes! And let's not count the fact he has to cook his own meals and wash his own dishes, laundry and his sheets. But to wash those stuff Luhan first had to own them. For instance he would love to wash his sheets, if he had one. But while he was moving out from his old house that he lived with his parents he kind of forgot to take a few important stuff, say hair brusher, sheets and definitely he was lacking in the era of socks. Yeah, yeah he could have just went his home and get those stuff but he was too stubborn to admit he was forgetful and didn't want to hear his mother nag how he is still young to move out while he can't even pack properly. Another option was of course going to a store and buying socks, sheets and maybe a water boiler to not boil the water inside of a pan. But then again he first had to have money for that since people were not excepting kisses instead of a money, and trust him when he says he tried doing that.
Now there he was, working as a security in a glass office. To be honest since they were “guarding” the back door of the Institute of the university there were hardly even students there. The institute consistent of meetings rooms, waiting rooms for guest professors and a few classrooms no one have ever used. If you didn't count the institute president, who hardly shows up in the school territory, and the cleaning lady, the institute was silent quiet and empty.
Which made us go back to Luhan’s story. He was working there as a security, where nothing worth to securing was existent. Luhan was watching cheesy dramas from their little TV with his co-worker on the glass office and he was not going to nag about it. Except for Suho. Luhan kind of hated that guys ‘I'm the superior here’ acts. But it was tolerable since Luhan was literally getting paid to watch Dallas with the dude and nagging about that would be wrong on so many levels. Luhan had no idea about Suho’s life except for his job and his one little sister whom he does not shut up about. So far the only thing that was keeping the duo connected was the cheesy old drama they have found while weirdly diddling around the room when they first met. At first they didn't even acknowledge the fact they were infact really watching Dallas. One of them, usually Suho, would casually grab the remote around 11am and zap like he was looking at the channels but he would always stop at the 8th channel and they would watch Dallas 5 hours. As the days passed Suho stopped zapping and directly opened the channel and one day Luhan brought snacks for them to eat while watching the show. And that's when they started to talk properly and even started to took bets. Who would know Luhan was going to gain a friend through Dallas? Not Luhan that's for sure.
“You didn't have a nice highschool life did you?” Luhan asked to Suho, which made the latter blush furiously.
“I did not!” He spat, no really spat on Luhan’s face while yelling.
That was another thing about Suho. He was probably a llama in disguise. At least if someone set fire to the institute they could have use Suho as a fire extinguisher.
Luhan swept the saliva on his face and looked at Suho with an ‘are you serious’ face. Suho turned back to the drama they were watching earlier.
Luhan rolled his eyes and saw something weird. In front of their office, there was a few couches so when the guest professors came from abroad or when the teachers were waiting for the meeting to start they could wait there. But instead of the usual red and bugger green striped ugly couches something gold stucked on the corner of Luhan’s eyes.
When he looked closely he saw it was a boy. He was wearing a leather jacket and he was snuggled deep into the couch. His hair was messy like a wild tornado had just touched it. He noticed the boy's eyes were closed and his long feather like eyelashes were touching his cheeks like sweet kisses. Luhan noticed how skinny the boy looked and how his jeans were hugging his legs, showing off how long they are. Luhan would have said their bodies were looking alike but then again he was skinny because he was starving on the other hand the boy looked like he had just jumped out of a teen magazine.
“Luhan you are drooling.”
“Huh whu horjfh!”
Luhan swept off the drool from his chin and closed his mouth, in some air to realize this was not a dream and yes he was really drooling on the table. From his chin. From his mouth. On to the table. But thankfully not to the ground.
He tried to clean the table with the back of his jacket but Suho said ew and hand him some tissues. Luhan cleaned off the table and throw the dirty tissues to the trash can in their office.
When he turned to his place he saw the boy was now facing the other way of the couch and his face was no longer be seen,while his on the other hand...
“Luhan.” Suho said again and Luhan looked at the older man.
“I'm not drooling!” Luhan said, angry at the man probably because he had just cut his inner monologue.
“No but you are staring. At a child. Who studies here.” Suho pointed out matter of factly and Luhan felt some heat coming up on his cheeks. Suho was right. What was he doing?
He shake his head and turned his face to the TV again.


The boy continued to come to the institute next week too. He was coming at 2 o’clock and leaving at 2.40 o’clock every single day. And Luhan was literally counting seconds for him to come. He even made sure to look busy around 2pm so the boy wouldn't feel awkward and leave without lying on the couch. And a few times Luhan went to the bathroom right before 2pm so when he comes back he can take a good look on the angelic face of the mysterious sleepy boy. And to say he was astonished was almost an understatement. To sum it up they only had one interaction in two weeks. The boy came at 2pm as usually and lay down to the couch throwing one of his arms on to his eyes to probably block the light. But the movement made the dust on the couch to move and the boy sneezed. Luhan remember thinking “I’d say God bless you but I see she already did that.” Then a chuckle came from Suho and Luhan realized he actually said those words loud and clear. Luhan couldnt find the courage to look up from the desk till it was 3pm.
After the second week Luhan gathered some courage and went next to the boy. He was going to ask him what was he doing there, why he was not with his friends, is there anything he could do, what was his name or anything. But Luhan stand there looking at the blond boy from a closer angle and he just didn't wanted to wake up the sleeping angel from his sleep. It was like touching a dream, Luhan didn't want it to come to an end. He went back to the glass office before Suho can come from the loo.
The boy was actually effecting his paints too. Luhan, who usually works in a free way just to express his feelings with colors was struggling to use wild colors like orange and red. Instead he used soft yellow, grey and white. For some reason the sleeping boy gave Luhan both peace and anxiety. Anxiety because he might disappear all of a sudden just like he came. Peace because when Luhan watched the boy sleep he saw how his breathing slowed down and how his feautures never showed any signs of trouble or fear, right opposite of how Luhan sleeps.
In third week before Luhan can enter the campus a blonde hair attracted his attention. It was no doubt him. He was laughing with some friends of his Luhan assumed and he was blinded. If he thought the boy looked like an angel while sleeping his laugh was more than that. His laugh sounded like a secret, a secret Luhan would always cherish and keep it to himself forever.
At the same day while Luhan was waiting for 2o’clock to come he heard a knock on the glass door.
He wanted to say ‘go away’ to Suho, ‘your jokes are boring and no, no one likes knock knock jokes’ he realized it was not Suho. His bored expression changed in a second and he spurted out the milk he was drinking at the moment. He was glad he did not swallow the pipet as well. After coughing furiously to catch his breath and look cool,which he failed, he get up and opened the glass door. Why couldn't their door be normal wood like everyone else's?
“Yes?” Luhan asked like he did just not embarrassed himself and survived a possible choke.
“Hello.” The blonde boy said with a smile on his face like he had just enjoyed watching Luhan embarrassing himself. Luhan wanted to say ‘I can choke myself to death if you will smile like that’ but suppressed his inner weirdness.
“Hi!” Luhan blurted out all of a sudden. He sounded like a choking bird. Whats with him and choking today?
The boy in front of him lowered his head and Luhan heard a giggle and ‘so cute’ coming out of that little mouth of his. But he was not so sure, maybe it was ‘such idiot’ but he heard so cute because he wanted to. Either way the boy was talking with him!
“So I was going to ask...” The boy started to talk and Luhan noticed his moonlike smily eyes were gone and he was looking at everywhere else but him. “Well there is this new coffee opening at the corner and I wanted to try their ice creams. Would you like to come with me?” The boy's eyes landed on Luhan at last and Luhan realized he had stopped breathing and his lungs were burning with the need of oxygen, but he also knew if he opened his mouth to breath he would have to answer the boy and he didn't want to answer the boy. Why couldn't he just stay as a dream? A beautiful non talking no drama no problems dream?
“Uhm, excuse me.” Suho said and Luhan’s body moved on its own.
“Yes the toilets are at the end of the corridor.” Luhan said (well actually shrieked and yelled but he is already in a bad position so we might as well go with ‘said’ to not further embarrass him)and showed the corridor with his shaking finger, get Suho in and pushed the boy out then blocked the door with the back of his body like he was in a horror movie. His face looked like he was in a horror movie probably. Luhan felt his eyes prickling with tears which he didn't understand why and his face was probably as white as a paper considering the fact he was seeing black dots at the air.
Luhan waited for a good 2 minutes like that and when he was sure the boy was gone he went to his seat and opened the TV. Suho didn't ask anything and Luhan didn't say anything.
When Luhan went back to his apartment he skipped dinner and grabbed his brushes to draw a spilling milk box and make the splashing milk green, orange, red and a mix with pinkish white.

 


The other day the boy didn't come. Luhan put his head not that so gently to the desk and cursed his stupid mind. Why did he have to act like a teenage boy at the age of 24? He was a grown up for God sake! He should be able to talk without stutters or weak lies to get away from a crush.
Wait.
Luhan jolted right up from his seat and looked at his reflection from the glass wall.
“What did you just say?” He asked can't believing his thoughts. He was a student and Luhan was the security guard! Luhan was supposed to protect him, not think of him like that! But the boy did invite him to eating ice cream didn't he? And why would that even mean anything right? And why it wouldn't?
“I used to think I was the weird one, apparently I was wrong.” Luhan heard a voice, Suho’s voice coming from his right. Right, they were still at the same room.
Luhan let out a squeak sound and buried his face to the desk with a loud bump sound.
“Next time talk with your brain not your . Your might get jealous of the coming out of your mouth.” Suho said and Luhan nod while sobbing to his arm dramatically.

 

 

“What do you mean you can't come? We have free snacks and free drinks and you are the most broke guy I’ve ever had the honours to met so far.” Xiumin stated matter of factly.
Luhan fiddled with his old paint covered jeans. It used to at least fit him, now if he didn't wear a belt the pant wouldn't have even stayed on his non existent bum.
“I don't know Min, I'm not in the mood and also I'm working on something new.” Luhan lied, the only thing he could look at was the freaking milk box standing in front of him.
“Look, I haven't seen you since you started to work at the university, just come grab a few snacks and then you are free to go. Please?” Xiumin asked and Luhan sighed. He didn't really know if he was an idiot or not anymore. But refusing free snacks and not seeing his friend? That definitely made him closer to the idiot part.
“I'm coming but just one drink.”
“Deal!”

 


“Look I admit you are right about Eugenie Grandet but you can't come and say to me I am wrong about Greek mythology. For s sake I've study fine arts do you even think I possibly did not see their arts? Persephone is Demeter and Zeus’s child and no that's not her birth name. Her name was Kore but after Hades took her to the underworld gave her the name Persephone. Get your facts straight sister.” Luhan said swinging his glass as he did a mocking old fashioned bow.
“And there he is. I didn't see our culture mushroom for so long.” Xiumin said. His face was red and someone named Yixing was holding his arms as he laughed uncontrollably. Luhan couldnt decide if Yixing was drunk or this was his usual condition. He decided he didn't care about it after gulping his drink in one shot.
“Culture mushroom? Why?” Someone asked and Luhan felt his eyes popping from their sockets. If he did not drink all of his drink now he would be spitting it out on the boy. The boy whom he watched for weeks and the boy who didn't show up for days after his stupid action.
Luhan was so absorbed with the boy he didn't even have the time to stop Xiumin from talking more. But as Luhan’s excuse the boy was wearing a white shirt and leather jacket and a skinny leather pants. To be honest Luhan would not be surprised if he had a motorcycle. Just as he was starting to imagine the boy on a jet black Harley all the voices came back to him.
“Because back in highschool while everyobe got drunk faced Luhan would become this cultural knowledge maniac. I remember one time he get into the philosophy class and owned the teacher while he was drunk and it was 11am!” Xiumin answered.
“It was for a bet, I'm not an alcoholic!” Luhan practically yelled shaking his hands in front of him.
“Uhuh.” Was the only thing that come out of the boys mouth.
“Wait. Why are you even here? And why are you drinking are you even legal?” Luhan asked. Why didn't he question that before his beloved friend can blurt out his stupid teenage dramas.
“He came with me!” Yixing said and tripped to the boys side, a silly smile on his face. He rubbed his face to the boy's neck and face like stupid retarded puppy. Now his stupid dimple was annoying Luhan.
“My beloved Sehun!” Yixing yelled and Luhan learned the boy's name. Still he couldn't take off his eyes from Yixing’s face. Luhan wanted to hold Yixing's nose until he couldn't breathe because Luhan just assumed he was stupid enough to can’t imagine breathing from his mouth.
“I am legal, more legal than you think and it's non of your business why I am here.” Sehun said. Luhan felt his insides freezing with the cold look on Sehun’s eyes. Then the stupid boy turned to Yixing with a heart warming smile and hold him on his arms bridal style. Luhan saw green.
“I just heard someone talking about Harry Potter, I will just go and…” He said and went to the toilet from the longest way so no one would understand he was actually escaping.
Luhan checked his phone and keys and when he saw everything was on place walked to the door to get out.
“You are forgetting your coat.”
Luhan looked back and saw his green coat hanging from Sehun’s finger.
Dammit.
How did he even understand Luhan was escapin? Damn his observation.
“It's not mine.” Luhan said in a carefree tone. He could always come to Xiumin's flat and grab his coat. It wasn't like people would take coats that not belong to them. At least he hoped so.
Sehun moved his finger like he was expecting an answer like that making inside of the coat show clearly. There, inside of his coat was a paper. Its edges were torn down and at the middle there was an obvious sun with yellow lines and a big circle. At the bottom of it there was a stick man holding a pencil. But the one thing that captures eyes was the big pink TO LUHAN writing.
“Haha, I must have been more drunk than I think. Well thank you Sehun!” Luhan said with much more enthusiasm than he feels at the moment. Luhan almost transported to Sehun’s side to grab his coat but the latter hold it tight on his hands.
“You were just saying it's not your coat.” Sehun said and raised one of his eyebrows.
Bae bae was blasting through the sound system that made Luhan almost believe this was a dream. Then TOP started to rap with his trucker voice and he shake his head to come back to the world.
He was holding one side of his coat while Sehun was holding the other side.
“Why are you messing with me? Just go next to your clingy boyfriend.” Luhan hissed and hoped his sad tone was not that so recognizable.
“Although it's none of your business,” Sehun said coming closer to Luhan with one little step”I don't have a boyfriend.”
“Oh so you just take any you see in your arms.” Luhan said, now he was angry. He grabbed his coat tighter and if Sehun pushed a little bit more he was sure he could unleash the Hulk inside of him and tear down the coat completely.
“I believe the in this equation is Yixing.” Sehun said and Luhan stopped himself from nodding furiously so he just stared at Sehun angrily hoping it was an enough answer. “Which is my brother.” Sehun ended his sentence and Luhan felt his world dropping to the floor. He had stalked the boy, literally watched him sleep, counted the hours for his comeback, refused his date offer-if that was an date offer of course- and now he had just called his brother a ? Boy he was on fire!
“Yeah uhm OH MY GOD WHAT'S THAT!?” Luhan yelled showing the ceiling with his free hand and when he looked at the direction he grabbed his coat and run for his life.
“Smooth Luhan, real smooth.” He talked to himself when he was at his apartment.

 

 


“Why do you think I run away whenever someone tries to approach me?” Luhan asked.
“Is it because of Kris? How he left me made me insecure about myself and about people. Not that I liked working with people or trust them enough to begin with. Do you know that's why i studied Fine Arts, because i get to work alone?”
Luhan looked at the cat who eats his not that so delicious piece of chicken right now. The cat sensed Luhan’s stare and looked at him back with a ‘stop-disturbing-me’.
Luhan sighed and get up from his seat, swept away the non existent dust from his pants and stretched his arms. He was going to sit for the next 5 hours a little stretching wouldn't hurt anyways.
Luhan started to walk towards to the entrance of the enstitute and saw a familiar blonde near the entrance.
Luhan hide behind the nearest wall and heard he was talking with someone. If he didn't hide he could have walked away and leave them behind or go back to the cats side and act like he didn't see anything. But now he was stuck there because he was sure if he come to the view behind the wall now they would think he was listening to them. He damned his luck and stupid mind.
“Are you for real ChaChi?” Sehun asked and Luhan heard a long sigh coming from the boy he is referring to.
“Yes unfortunately. I really thought she was it Sehun.”
Yes!
Luhan shake his fist to the air with satisfaction. Then he stopped and looked at the air confused at his own reaction. So what the boy who called ChaChi was straight. And did not go out with Sehun. So what. Right.
“Is the problem really me? You know me for so long that you are almost my brother. Tell me Sehun is it me?” the boy asked and Luhan wanted to go next to him and pat his back, that's how sad his voice sounded.
“Well, to be honest it's not you. It's the girls you find. Your first girlfriend was emo and probably didn't have any emotions in her. The second one was someone whom you found from an online game I still can't believe you thought it would last. The third one if I'm right was a total and cheated on you with your roommate while you are at your parents. And this one's parents had just got divorced what were you even expecting that she will puke rainbows and fart sun shine? It is kind of your fault though, you find girls with problems and try to fix them.” Sehun said and Luhan saw a piece of his blonde hair moving, he was nodding maybe?
“Who made you a psychiatrist?” ChaChi said and snorted.
“Well i did dated with a guy who studies psychology.” Sehun said and ChaChi snorted again.
“You mean you slept with him and dumped him when you get bored?”
Oh.
Oh.
Luhan didn't know what to think. He was gay apparently but that didn't matter too much at that moment. He looked at his hands and felt shamed. He was an idiot or maybe a genius for running away.
“Well there is this guy and I think he might be-”
I WANT YOUUU UNDER MY SKIN
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!
Luhan felt his brain jumping up and down with his phone ringing.
“YES!”He yelled to his phone and started to walk like he was in a rush and didn't hide behind that wall. He just hoped it worked.
“Where are you? Dallas is about to start.” Luhan heard Suho talking and at the back adds from TV where getting heard.
“Dont worry Im on my way!” He said and quickened his steps even more if that's possible.
When he get into the glass office he saw Suho eating doughnuts and Suho did a head bob to show he recognized him without tearing his eyes away from the TV.
“I bought these.” He said showing the box full with colorful doughnuts.
“Have I ever said I love you?” Luhan said and sit next to Suho grabbing a classic doughnut and looking at the TV.
“This is season 4 right? Man the last episode of season 3 was a mess. Like we knew everyone hated J.R at the moment but who shoot him? And I'm still pretty sure he will survive.” Luhan said looking at Suho meaningly.
“Oh shut up, he had been shot twice he is totally dead.” Suho said and Luhan felt a smile creeping to his face.
“Wanna bet?”
Suho turned his face to him for the first time since he got into the office. He looked like he was thinking about it with the weird emotion amusement park face of his.
“And the winner gets?” Suho asked, clearly he was into the offer.
There was no way the evil man of the show would die at the third season while there are like 10 or more seasons to go.
“The winner can come late tomorrow. Like 11 am? And the other should cover for him. Deal?”
Luhan really was sick of getting up at 7 o'clock to be at the school at 7.30. Sleeping till 10 am would be nice for a change.
“Deal.”


“Aaah i feel so energetic! Maybe i should go to a club or something. It's not like i should get up early.” Luhan said after 2 episodes of season 4 was over.
Suho just stay silent and looked at the papers in front of him. Luhan had no idea what was written on them considering the fact he had no interest or what so ever.
“Or maybe I should go and sleep for 12 hours! Yeah I can try that.” Luhan said and Suho flipped a few papers a little bit more aggressively than he should.
“Would you like to come with me if I go out? Oh wait you get up at 6am to come here right. Sorry I forgot.” Luhan said smiling like an angel and he knew he was pushing his luck now. Suho turned to him with dead eyes and Luhan blinked like an imbecile.
“So i take that as you don't want to come?” Luhan asked and Suho left the office with a scoff.
Luhan laughed until tears formed in his eyes.

 

“Why? JUST WHY YOU COULDN'T SHOW 10AM?” Luhan yelled to his alarm clock. The clock winked at him with a number change. Getting a nice sleep? Yeah that didn't happen to Luhan as he imagined. He get up at 6 am for some reason then at 8am and now it was almost 9am. Luhan decided his brain was playing games with him and finally get up.
He took a bath and brushed his teeth at the shower while doing a mask to his face. He didn't like wasting time, so what?
He get out of the shower and quickly put on a casual white shirt and his green jeans. Since he had nothing to eat in his refrigerator he decided to go out and grab some bagels and some nice fresh coffee. He checked out his bank account and saw his payment with all of his glory.
“And I might as well order some pancakes and maple syrup as well.” He said. This was a happy day. He thanked J.R before leaving his flat.
It was really a nice day. Wind was blowing and people were jogging or talking with each other on the banks, bird were tweeting and Luhan was rich, at least his bank account was seeing more digits than it usually does for the few months now and he was working on his galerie too. He realized he was smiling which made him smile even more.
He saw a French name and saw people chatting outside of the cafè with coffees on their hands. Everyone was smiling and Luhan said ‘What the heck’ before going in.
He sat one of the tables that are for two and put his bag that consists his uniform to the other chair.
“Hello sir, may I help you?” Some boy with big doe eyes asked him. He couldn't help but smile.
“Isn't it such a nice day?” Luhan asked showing the view in front of him.
The boy looked surprised but nod nevertheless.
“Yes sir it is.” He answered politely and Luhan waved his hand at the air.
“We are probably at the same age don't call me sir. So,” Luhan looked at the boy's name tag” Kyungsoo, can you tell me what I can eat here without putting my rent on the table?” Luhan asked and Kyungsoo looked like he was struggling not to laugh.
“Well, I actually shouldn't supposed to say this but…” Kyungsoo come closer to Luhan and looked at their surrounding making sure no one was in the hearing range.” i supposed to suggest you to get the Paris Breakfast Amuse but we are only suggesting that because the cheese in that set is almost out of the expression time and it really tastes bad. But our gouda is new and if you order a portion of bagel we put gouda next to it.”
Kyungsoo straightened his back again and put a polite smile on his face.
“Great than bring me a one portion of bagel and black coffee please. Do you guys have cheesecake?” Luhan asked and Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows like a no.
“Yes sir we have.” Luhan was surprised at his action then saw someone was looking at Kyungsoo with hawk eyes, it was probably the head waiter.
“But I suddenly don't feel like eating cheesecake. Maybe pancakes?” Luhan asked again looking at Kyungsoo with raised eyebrows.
“Good choice sir.” Kyungsoo said and nod his head a smile tugged on his mouth.
“Great then that's it Kyungsoo, thanks for helping.” Luhan said and winked at Kyungsoo. He looked surprised but with a blush creeping to his cheeks he smiled back and left.
Luhan looked at his phone and saw it was 9am. He might as well enjoy his breakfast and coffee for an hour and walk to the school from there to do some exercise.
Luhan saw the head waiter throwing suspicious gazes at him but shrugged it off.
10 minutes later Kyungsoo was back with a fresh black coffee that literally smells like quality, 4 pancakes with maple syrup and freshly cut strawberries and bananas and 2 bagels with a big piece of gouda next to it. Luhan figured the big portions of his plates were because of Kyungsoo and thanked him because of it. Kyungsoo acted like he doesn't understand what is Luhan talking about but blushed anyways.
Luhan was eating his pancakes when he heard a chair moving. He looked up and saw a familiar blonde hair. He almost got a and get choked with the maple syrup at the same time.
After furiously struggling to keep alive Luhan finally breath normally. He was red with anger and probably a little bit purple with the lack of oxygen.
“What the HELL do you think you are doing?” Luhan asked and Sehun didn't blink an eye. Sehun was looking at him behind his eyelashes, his hands were clasped under his chin, supporting his head. He looked like he jumped out of a fairy tale.
Luhan stopped and argued with his inner voice. What was his stupid thoughts and Sehun jumping out from magazines or fairytales? Sehun was just as human as he was!
“I saw a friend and sat next to him to have a chat and maybe share his breakfast? Is that a problem?” Sehun asked and Luhan wanted to struggle him with a rope. He now believed Sehun had just jumped out of from a matador fight because he had got some real big balls.
“First of all you are not my friend.” Luhan said and shake his index finger at Sehun with an accusing manner.
“Yeah, let's change that.” Sehun said and waved at the head waiter to want another service. The man literally run to bring Sehun a fork and knife.
“So,” Sehun said and cut a piece of Luhan’s pancake”tell me about yourself Luhan.” he said and put the pancake in his mouth.
“How do you even know my name?” Luhan asked and think it was probably because of the party.
“Your friend Suho and you are not that so silent while talking. You cut my sleep more than once.” He answered casually and Luhan almost choked on his saliva.
“Dont worry I didn't hear anything but Dallas and food coming out of your mouths.” Sehun said and put another piece of Luhan’s pancake on his mouth. Luhan realized how plump his lips looked while he was chewing and swear at them for distracting him.
“You know eavesdropping is bad.” Luhan said and Sehun stopped chewing and gulped down his bite looking serious now.
“Like how you did while I'm talking with my friend the other day? I think we both don't have any right to tell each other that.” Sehun said and Luhan just wanted to dig a hole at the floor and bury himself there under Sehun’s cold gaze. He looked at the door and saw it wasn't that so far away. If he could throw some cash on the table and grab his bag from the chair then he could have run from that hell hole because he sure did feel the burn like he was in hell.
“And we are friends. We both know each other's names and know same people. We saw each other for the last 2 months almost everyday and you even see me sleep. And for example I come to recognize that look on your face. It's the face you make before you run or hide. So which one of it is going to be this time? Run or hide?” He asked.
They both looked at each other and Luhan was sure he could have hold the thick air between them.
After an eternity Sehun called the head waiter again.
“Close the check for my friend and bring him whatever he wants.” Sehun said and before the waiter can say his 3rd yes sir Sehun get up and leave the place without throwing a second look at Luhan’s side.
Luhan felt like he was struck by a lightning. He couldn't move and felt like this was not such a nice day after all.
“Oh my God why didn't you tell me you know Oh Sehun, sir! I never would said those things, I'm so sorry. Please don't get me fired!” Kyungsoo said and bowed to Luhan.
“What?” Luhan asked confused with his behaviour.
“Oh Sehun. “Kyungsoo said again and when he saw Luhan was still clueless he showed the sign of the restaurant. “The owners son of Le Petit Juliet? Son of Juliet? “ Kyungsoo said and Luhan heard the light bulb clicking on the top of his head.
“He is the owner of this place?” He asked and Kyungsoo nod.
Luhan grabbed his bag and left the restaurant in a rush. He run towards to the school and saw Sehun looking at the road with his left shoulder leaned to the school's wall.
“Why did you just do that? And why are you there?” Luhan asked after he gained enough oxygen to talk.
“I was waiting for you.” Sehun said and shrugged when he saw Luhan’s angry out of breath confused face.
“I just wanted to do a cool exit.”
Luhan wanted to hit the bastards bloody perfect face and make him bleed. Did he just ran 4 blocks because he just wanted to do a ‘cool exit’?
“You didn't answer the other question.” Luhan said when he didn't want to unleash all of his anger in first second.
“Friends buy each other food right?” Sehun asked and Luhan felt blood rushing to his head. He was getting dizzy with anger.
“We.are.not.friends.” Luhan said emphasizing each word.
“Then you owe me.” Sehun said and raised his one eyebrow.
“What?”
“Its either we are friends and I just bought you breakfast or qe are not friends and you owe me.” Sehun said and Luhan felt his jaw dropping to the ground.
After 5 minutes both of them were surprised a fly did not get into Luhan’s wide open mouth. Sehun straightened his posture and looked at his watch.
“Although I would love to stay here and what your beautiful mouth I have a class. Tell me about your decision in one hour, Im at class C503.”
And with that Sehun was gone.

 

 

 

“Where are we going?” Sehun asked for the nth time that night.
Luhan eventually went to his class and told him they were not friends so he was going to buy him food too. Sehun said he was not busy at friday night so here they were, walking at the moonlight. Luhan cursed his luck yet still wear his cleanest and most appropriate checkered green shirt and a light brown pair of pants.
“To the nearest restaurant.” Luhan answered finally annoyed at his enthusiasm.
“Wow, such a nice name, is it French?” Sehun asked and Luhan suppressed a laugh instead of that snorted to make it look like he was not amused.
They did really went to the nearest Korean restaurant and Luhan ordered for both of them.
“Trust me the bulgogi here is great and tteokbokki is a little bit spicy so be prepared.” Luhan said and Sehun just smiled at him.
“So, Luhan. Tell me about yourself.” Sehun said and again put his chin on his hands.
“If I talk will this night end quicker?” Luhan asked tired of the same question.
“Sure.” Sehun answered and Luhan looked at him suspiciously yet talked anyway.
“Nothing to talk about. I graduated from Fine Arts, currently painting for my first galerie and supporting myself with the security job.”
“Wow. So you are talented huh?” Sehun asked and Luhan felt flattered yet try not to give in so quickly.
“I don't know, I guess. I graduated second place in my year.” He added failing to hold his mouth.
“And what are you painting about? Landscape? Or let me guess is it symbolism?” Sehun asked and their appetizers came.
“Try the kimchi it's the best.” Luhan said and they both taste it. Sehun raised his eyebrows and hummed when he took a bite from the kimchi. Luhan felt relieved and proud for some reason.
“Well, I think my art is both expressionism and abstract art. I just, you know how you see red when you are angry and green when you are jealous? I feel all of my feeling when i'm in front of a canvas. Painting your feelings is the best.” Luhan said.
“Well then you should see my mother's galerie. She collects all kinds of paintings she likes around the world.”
“Wow.” Luhan said cant holding his mouth again.
“Im sure she would love to see your paintings too.” Sehun said and the waiter dropped their hot meals in front of them.
“You were right the bulgogi is great.” Sehun said.
“So, how about you? Tell me about yourself.” Luhan asked.
“Well, my mother is French, my father meets with her when he is traveling around the world. They fall in love, get married open a restaurant and have me. The restaurant grows and they turn it into a chain, open in different cities too.” Sehun said and drink some water to cool down because of the spice.
“Thats not you, that's your parents.” Luhan said and Sehun looked at him with unreadable eyes.
“Well, I am 24, currently in my last year of business management so I can get in the head of the restaurants in Korea and eventually the whole chain.” He said and Luhan nod.
So he was not 18 after all.
“Any hobbies?” Luhan asked and Sehun blushed for the first time he saw him.
“Well, I actually really enjoy dancing. I think it's because of our mother both Yixing and I love dancing.”
“I tried dancing before but it's not my cup of tea. You should show me your dancing at some time though.” Luhan said and his ears heard his sentence. So they were going to see each other again? What was he doing? He was most definitely talking about his life and asking about Sehun’s life too. This was not a date!
“Uuh, I think I need to go now. I have this thing I should be finishing you know the thing....” Luhan murmured and get up to pay the bill and sprinted to the door. When he get out of the restaurant he saw Sehun waiting for him there.
“Well, this is goodbye then. Bye!” Luhan said with a forced smile and turned his back at Sehun.
Sehun hold his arm and blocked him from getting out of there and run to his comfortable home.
“What are you going to do? Run again?” Sehun asked and boy did he sound angry.
“Yes I am rather good at it.” Luhan said and tried to get away from his grip.
Sehun let him go and Luhan shivered. He didn't know if it was because of the cold air or his words.
“Then well done. I'm done. I'm done trying to catch you. “ He said and Luhan heard his quick and angry breaths. He couldn't dare to turn his face to Sehun. He lowered his head and looked at his shoes. Running shoes.
“Good then.” Luhan said and walked towards to his house. Sehun didn't stop him. Luhan didn't stop.

 

 

“For the love of God just go and talk to him!” Suho said and Luhan looked away from the empty couch.
“What?” He asked turning his face to Suho and he just rolled his eyes.
“Go and talk with that Oh Sehun. It's killing me to see you like that, there is too much drama going on in this office that I can't concentrate on Dallas! That's how miserable you are!” Suho said and throw a chocolate at Luhan’s head.
“You don't understand, I left him there and walked away. It's all useless now.” Luhan said sadness dripping from his tongue. He was even skinnier than before and he couldn't remember when was the last time he smiled. “And that was 2 weeks ago, I'm sure he is over it now. Like there is something to get over with.” Luhan said.
“Then go and create something or would you rather become like Cally Harper?” Suho asked and they both shivered at the thought.
“Just go and do something.” Suho said finally and Luhan get up from his seat.
Sobbing for 2 weeks did nothing good to him, if he was over Luhan then he could finally move on too. He grabbed the chocolate Suho thrown at him before and rushed to the C503.
There was Sehun sitting with his friends and someone was holding his waist. Sehun saw him and raised his eyebrows at him. Luhan would be a fool to think he could catch Sehun alone, but he was a fool. He wanted to run away again but then stood his ground. He did not just climb 5 floor to run. He was determined.
“Sehun.” He said and went to his and his friends side.
“Can we talk outside for a second?” Luhan asked and Sehun put his hands together in front of his chest.
“No. Tell what you are going to say here, I have nothing to hide. Or run away.” Sehun said.
Luhan felt the sudden urge to break his nose again but didn't. Thankfully.
“Here.” Luhan said and throw the chocolate to Sehun. He grabbed it at the air and looked at it.
“Are we friends now?” Luhan asked and Sehun looked angry.
“Luhan you can't be serious. You really think one chocolate would solve everything? What are you 5?” He asked and Luhan shrugged his shoulders.
“Then buy me dessert.”
Sehun looked confused for a second but then he seemed to understand what was going on.
“Its either we are friends or you buy me dessert. Your choice.” Luhan didn't look at Sehun’s friends but only Sehun’s eyes. They were starting to lose their hardness. Luhan felt a pang of hope in his chest.
Sehun opened the package and took a bite of it.
“Let me think about it for awhile.” Sehun answered finally but a smile was tugged on his mouth.
“Playing hard to get are we?” Luhan asked and Sehun laughed. It was like music to Luhan’s ears.
“You will see.” Sehun understand and Luhan understand he was about to pay for his runnings before.
“Fine by me.” Luhan said and his heels but before leaving the class he looked back.
“And get your hands away from his waist or I will rip it off.” He said in a dead serious voice and the boy who was holding Sehun’s waist dropped it immediately.
“Jealous are we?” Sehun asked raising an eyebrow.
“You will see.” Luhan answered truthfully.
“Fine by me.” Sehun answered and it was fine indeed.

 

THE END

 

 

 

Thanks for subscribing and upvoting if you did :D If you liked this check out my other fanfiction about hunhan too by clicking on the poster ^^

 

 

I might do a sequel but I'm not sure so tell me about your thoughts in the comments ^^

Till next time~