English

International Challenge

 

 

“Will you kill me?” the man asked half serious half joking. This kid seemed harmless.

“Let’s see” the other said threatening now, serious, the look in his eyes indicating that he wasn’t playing anymore.

“You are bluffing” the man said, voice trembling, looking right and left for an opening.

“Really, am I?” Minseok tilted his head, one last look, one last smirk, he pulled the trigger and it was over.

This was his favorite part. The moment when they realized that maybe that baby faced guy that followed them isn’t an innocent kid but someone who might as well hold a real gun. This happened every time, they doubt him even in their last moment under the false hope that it might have been a prank, a lie, a delusion. Some smugger ones even thought it was a hidden camera tried to play it cool. He loved how their smug smile fainted and the shadow of fear took over their eyes as Minseok finally pulled the trigger.

He smiled at the thought, yeah they definitely was his favorite people to kill. He went over his last victim and turned him around, face on the street. He hid the gun and turned to leave. Another one, another successful night.

He sat at his worn out couch, a glass of whisky in his hand, the only light in the room was the flickering of the small tv. He stared at it mindlessly, lost in his thoughts. It was a pleasant evening, just like many others. How long has it been since he started this? He was a teen back then, doing it for money mostly. He was good at it, good at killing people, but then again he really enjoyed it. He enjoyed seeing their fear, their desperation and hear their cries for help.

Was he twisted? Nah he didn’t think so. He just kept doing this after the job was done, after he got enough money, for the amusement he would get. But even like this he tried to not kill innocent people, he enjoyed killing but he was thoughtful. In a way that is. He stick to those who had something to stain their resume, a theft, a , a kill, drugs, things like that. Maybe that his way to reason his actions, to think that despite all the killing his is doing something good, to push down the thought that he is a serial killer.

So it’s been ten years more or less since he started. Ten years and nobody has caught him. Well he was always planning this through, covering his track. He didn’t have a specific pattern, not anymore at least that he was doing it for his own fun. Guns, knives, punches, whatever, he has done it all. In public, at the victim’s home, hotels, deserted buildings, everywhere. He is not picky, as long as his target dies with the same fear in their eyes.

 

It’s a pleasant night again, not too cold not too hot, a starry night. He had run out of food and decided to go to the convenient store close to his apartment. He roamed between the stands trying to find something to please his appetite.

Behind one of the stands he saw him. He man, younger than him maybe. He was beautiful yet he had something sinful in his eyes that Minseok couldn’t decipher. Their eyes locked and Minseok felt intrigued. He hadn’t kill in a week and this person didn’t really match his standards. No he was too beautiful, young, maybe naïve, it would be such a waste to kill someone like him but Minseok wanted it. He wanted it, he knew he would feel so satisfied after this.

 He stayed at the convenient store until the other guy left, silently trailing behind him as a shadow. It was as if the person was doing it on purpose, driving Minseok further and further into the dark roads of an empty midnight city, alley after alley until they reached a dead end. ‘He must have known’ Minseok thought ‘He must have tried to find an escape route. Too bad this won’t happen, too bad everything ends here’

“You are good at following people without getting noticed” the other said still not looking at Minseok.

Weirdly enough he didn’t sound scared, if anything he sounded amused. ‘The smug type again’ Minseok thought. ‘Interesting so interesting’

“Doing the best I can” he replied.

The other man turned to look at him, calm so calm, not even a trace of fear, beautiful so beautiful.

“So how do you usually do it Minseok?” the other asked.

“How do you know my name, ….?” Minseok trailed off. This guy knew his name, impressive, had he met him before? Minseok didn’t remember. Should he be scared by this? No Minseok was never scared because Minseok had nothing to lose.

“Sorry I didn’t introduce myself. Luhan, my name is Luhan. So how is it usually done?” the other – Luhan – asked again. No this one wasn’t the smug type. This one just knew and this intrigued Minseok even more.

“Ah you know nothing special. Follow them, corner them, see them cry for help, kill them. Do you prefer a special treatment?” Minseok looked at the other, challenging.

“Practical always practical. I should have known” Luhan commented, eyes fixed on Minseok.

“You say that as if you have been observing me” Minseok offered, still where he was, not even a thought of taking his gun.

“Hmm” Luhan smirked. “Let’s say, you are not good enough at cleaning your tracks. I have witnessed quite some of your murders.”

“Are you a fan?” Minseok smirked too now. “Should I be fluttered?” he tilted his head measuring the distance between them. Not close enough.

“Will you kill me, Minseok?” Luhan said coming closer, his voice steady, calm, luring and Minseok didn’t what to admit what it did to him.

They stared at each other. The atmosphere heavy. No one moved for a moment. Waiting. Who was brave enough. Who was reckless enough.

Luhan launched forward, pushing Minseok against the wall, trapping him. No Minseok wasn’t scared he was never scared. He tilted his head once again staring back at the other, an open invitation.

Luhan leaned and captured the other’s lips with his own, desperately, again and again.

“I missed you” he said when they parted, breathless.

“I missed you too” Minseok said pulling him closer for another kiss.

 


¯\_(ツ)_/¯