Ch.09

Merry-go-round Love (MARKxOC)

Everyone’s seated in this long table. This is supposed to be a freaking café…what’s up with all these fanciness.

“Dude, the did you just say earlier?” I whispered through gritted teeth smiling being discreet and .

“You tell me. What’s up with her being engaged all that? I DOUBT you are not aware of this fiancée either. Mark smiling like he’s an angel but in his eyes his clearly pissed.

‘Lord, I really don’t mind you taking me at this moment, at this time of my life on Earth.’

“Well, first off. I’m SORRY. I was trying to get the timing right spilling such wonderful news to you.” I whispered back.

“Well, you sure made the perfect timing to---“ Mark stopped midway and looked ahead of the table facing him was Miyoung.

“You two lovebirds are whispering back and forth, what are you both up to really?” Miyoung raised her brow and teasingly smiled at us. This feels so awkward.

“Yeah, we just can’t get enough of one another.” Mark got closer to my nape and stared down at me making eye contact. Does he think this makes him look ‘y’ well it does but not for my taste for sure. I moved away a bit and smiled politely and pushed him back a bit.

“Ha ha. Yeaaah…we just can’t help it.” I looked at Mark trying to not look as uncomfortable as possible.

“So, I’ve finally met this Gabby the guys keeps on talking about.” Youngjae looked at me and his all smiles.

“You guys backstabbed me didn’t you? YOU AND JACKSON.” I looked at Mark accusingly.

“Babe, I would never but Jackson will.” Mark raised his brow and tilted his head to my direction looking innocent.

‘B-Babe?’ I mouthed in disbelief in his direction with a confused look.

“Umm… guys can we excuse ourselves for a moment?” I looked at everyone at the table.

“Yeah, sure. You lovebirds take your time.” Our friends in the table howled.

‘I hate this so much’ I thought as I gestured Mark to stand up and he just looked at me pretending to be clueless.

“Stand up. PLEASE.” in the lowest possible voice I can possibly do. Finally Mark stood up and held my hand gently and led me out the café.

“So…” I try to recollect myself on what to say but I’m just as lost as to where to start begging and apologizing to this evil in human form.

“So?” Mark sarcastically smiled. If that’s possible but yeah he had a sarcastic tone and a tone one wrong word or explanation can lead to something bad that I can’t even imagine. I know his temper so well. I’m scared.

“Spit it out.” Mark smiled lovingly and he is holding my hand gently. Yep. He is acting to not embarrass the both of us. Coz clearly everyone can see us from the inside.

***

“Youngjae, you’re friends with Mark?” Miyoung asked Youngjae while she looks out the door seeing Gabby and Mark together.

“Yeah, we’re really good friends. Actually more than good friends. Good as brothers.” Youngjae smiled at Miyoung.

“I had no idea…” Miyoung looked down staring at her wine.

“Well, life is full of surprises love and I guess we’re all meant to meet in the end.” Youngjae smiled and patted her hand.

‘Mark and Gabby huh?’ Miyoung thought and looked at Youngjae smiling lovingly but deep inside she’s actually bother by this new unlikely couple.

***

“Gabby, if you don’t explain yourself now. I’m gonna kiss you. Right here. Right now.” Mark looking determined in doing so.

“You would never.” I frowned at him.

“Oh hell yeah I would.” He pulled me closer and we’re now inches apart.

“I never had my first kiss. So you would never do that.”

“Yeah, that gives me more reason to do so.”

“Demon.” I gasped.

“3,2,----“