Third

The Unwanted Husband ( Temporary on hiatus)

 

 

From: Dad, 1.05 pm

Don’t make any plans with your friends tonight.

We’re having dinner with my friend.

Sehun groaned a little when he read the message. He hated it when his parents invited him to dinner with their friends because it was so boring. All they do is talk about business or politics while the women gossip with each other. The worst was when his parent’s friends brought their daughter with them and she wouldn’t stop batting her eyelashes at him.

From: Sehun, 1.08 pm

Do I have to go? You know how much I hate having dinner with your friends.

From: Dad, 1.12 pm.

Sorry, son.

This is a very important dinner. You must be there.

Sehun frowned. What was so important with this dinner that his father insisted that he must attend it? Still, no matter how much he hated it, he is an obedient son. He never went against his parents wishes.

From: Sehun, 1.15pm

Okay.

Sehun pressed the send button when Jongin playfully pushed him. Either Jongin forgot to control himself or Sehun was too occupied with texting with his dad that he almost fell down onto the ground if it wasn’t for his fast reflex which managed to grab the locker.

“What the hell, Jongin? I almost fell!”

Jongin rubbed his neck, “Sorry. I didn’t mean to push you that hard.”

“What do you want?”

“Kyungsoo-hyung has a dinner appointment with his client tonight. So I was wondering if you want to hang out tonight? We can play games or watch movies or anything you want to do.”

“I’m sorry, Jongin-ah. I have dinner plans with my parents and their friend. This dinner is a very important from what my dad told me. So, I can’t skip it. Maybe next time?”

“Oh, I know why it is very important!” Jongin exclaimed, “Maybe it’s a matchmaking dinner. That’s why your father insists that you must come.” He teased.

Sehun punched Jongin’s arm, “Stop saying such ridiculous words. There is no way it could be a matchmaking dinner.”

“Why do you have to hit so hard?” Jongin rubbed his new bruise that Sehun just made.

Sehun sticked his tongue out at Jongin. “You deserve it.”

“Since you’re unable to hang out with me tonight, how about we hang out after class tomorrow? We can pay a visit to my cousin who works in a cafe downtown.”

“Sure. We’ll meet at the gate tomorrow.”

“Okay.” Jongin glanced at his watch, “Oh, look at the time. There is only five minutes left before my class starts. I need to go now. See you later.”

“Bye!”

Sehun watched Jongin run towards the north building. Jongin’s words still lingered in his mind. There was no way that this dinner was a matchmaking dinner. Jongin was bluffing and his parents weren’t the old-fashioned type. However...what if his parents thought they can find a more suitable man for him? If that was really the case, then what about Luhan?

He shook his head to chase off that thought. He believed in his parents, They would never do that to him. He took out his books from his locker and headed to his next class.

 


 

Sehun tapped his fingers on the table, there was a small frown on his face. Fifteen minutes had passed, yet his parents friends hadn’t arrived yet. He was starving and his mother had scolded him whenever he tried to take the meat by saying that it is rude to eat first, before the guest arrived.

“We’re very sorry for being late. We were stuck in a traffic jam.”

Sehun raised his head. There was a middle aged couple standing in front of the door. The man was wearing the typical business man’s suit and he look around fifty years old. Most of his hair had already turned white. There was a white beard on his face and his face looked fierce.

His wife on the other hand looked much more younger compared to her husband since her face didn’t look like she was more than forty years old. She was wearing a dark red cheongsam that reached her knees while her hair had been tied into a bun. She looked friendly compared to her husband. Her smile reminded him of someone, but he was unable to recall who.

“It is fine, we understand. Why it is only the two of you? I thought you would be coming with your son.”

“Our son went to park his car.”

So they came with their son. I hope his son isn’t some kind of conceited , Sehun thought.

“Ahh...I see. If that’s the case, please have a seat first. We’ll start dinner once your son has arrived.”

“Okay.”

Sehun mentally groaned when the couple choose to sit right in front of him. What was worse, the lady couldn’t stop staring at him after she had noticed him and that made him really uncomfortable.

The lady was about to speak when a feminine male entered the room. Sehun’s eyes widened in realization after he saw the man. It was the same man from yesterday!

It seemed that the man also recognized him too because he was staring back at him with an intense gaze.

“This is my son, Luhan.” Mr.Lu spoke. “Han, these two are my friends, Mr. Oh and Mrs.Oh.”

Sehun’s jaw almost dropped to the ground after he heard that. He couldn’t believe that the man that was standing in front of the door right now was Luhan, the man that he’d been waiting for all these years.

“Nice to meet you, Luhan.” Mr. Oh said. He then put his hand on Sehun’s shoulder. “And this is my son, Sehun.”

Sehun quickly got up from the chair and bowed.

“H...Hi...nice to meet you.” Sehun said meekly. He was really nervous all of a sudden.

“Let’s eat first before the food gets cold.” Mrs. Oh said with a smile.

“I agree.” Mrs. Lu said reciprocating a smile.

Sehun let out a relieved sigh as he sat back down on his chair. It never occurred to his mind that Luhan would sit beside him. His heart almost stopped.

Although he was still nervous, he couldn’t take his eyes off Luhan. Now that he was up close, he realized that Luhan was a very good looking man. His hair was light brown with shaved sides. He was wearing a short sleeved light blue shirt, showing off his muscular arms.

“Take a picture. It’ll last longer.”

Sehun’s face turned bright red after he heard that. He quickly turned his head in embarrassment.

Luhan didn’t know what made him say that, It was not like he could take it back. He just had to pretend that he never said those word.  Still, he couldn’t deny that Sehun looked very cute right now.

He turned to face his father when his father suddenly clapped his hand. He wondered what his father needed now.

“Everyone, please stop eating for a while. I have an important announcement to make. Mr. Oh and I have come to a final decision. My son, Luhan and his son Sehun are going to get married next month.”

Sehun was dumbfounded. He didn’t know how to react to the current situation. Yes, it had been his dream to become Luhan’s husband, but it was too sudden for him.

He jumped a little when Luhan slammed the table.

“I can’t accept this marriage!”

Luhan then headed towards the door.

Mr. Lu stood up from his chair and shouted with anger “Stand right there!”

Luhan ignored it. He quickly left the room without even turning back. Mr. Lu and Mrs. Lu apologized to Mr. and Mrs. Oh before they left the room to chase their son.

Sehun could only watch the Lu family leave, he was heartbroken by this whole ordeal. The fact that Luhan didn’t want to accept this marriage made him realize that Luhan had indeed forgotten his promise.

 


 

“How dare you embarrass me? How am I going to face Mr. and Mrs. Oh after this?” Mr. Lu yelled.

“This wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t arranged a marriage for me. Now I understand why you didn’t want me to bring my boyfriend along. I never thought you could be so low to do this behind my back!” Luhan fired back. He couldn’t see the person who was sitting in front him as his father.

Mr. Lu slammed his hand on the coffee table. “Watch your mouth! Don’t forget that I’m still your father!”

“Dear, calm down.” Mrs. Lu said as she rubbed her husband’s shoulder.

Mr. Lu pushed his wife’s hand away.

“I wouldn’t resolve to this if you had listened to me and broke up with your boyfriend. I was willing to give you anything you wanted, you didn’t want to take over my company and instead wanted to become a lawyer, I let you. You wanted to study further in Korea, I said yes despite that there are many universities in China and when you wanted to live in Korea, did I say anything about it? Now all I want is a grandchild. Is it hard for you to fulfill my wish? Your mom and I are getting older. We want to see our grandchild before we die.”

“Baba, I appreciate what you have done for me, but I’ll never break up with Minseok. I love him too much! Regarding children, I already told you that Minseok and I will adopt, but you are the one who doesn’t want it!”

“I want a grandchild from our family bloodline not some child who has an unknown background.”

“If that is the case, I’ll find a surrogate to carry our child. Would that get you off from my back and let me live peacefully?”

“Rather than finding a stranger to carry your child, why can’t you just marry someone who can give you a child?”

Luhan massaged his temples. This argument was starting to give him a headache.

“Baba, look…”

Mr. Lu raised his hand up to stop his son.

“I have made up my mind. This wedding will still go on. If you still want to call us as baba and mama, you better listen to us.”

Luhan got up from the sofa.

“I’m just wasting my time talking with you regarding this matter.”

Luhan marched out from the room and slammed the door. Why couldn’t his father be more open minded? He didn’t understand why his father was willing to accept him becoming a lawyer but couldn’t do the same when it came to his relationship.

His father is even forcing him to marry a stranger simply because he wants a child. What was worse, his father dared to threaten to disown him if didn’t accept this marriage.

He knew his father. His father was quite stubborn. He was a man of his word. He’ll definitely do as he says. However, he loves his boyfriend too much to break up with him.

Accept this marriage and lose his boyfriend or reject this marriage and lose his parents.

His mind was in turmoil right now, his heart hoped for a peaceful solution.

 

 


 

Sehun climbed the stairs when his mother called him. He let out sigh, wondering what else his mother wanted from him. He wanted to go to his room so he could forget that this ever happened.

“Yes, mom?”

“Sehun-honey, we’re very sorry for not discussing this marriage with you first. We wanted to surprise you since it has been your dream from when you were still a small boy. We never expected it to turn out like this. Please don’t be mad at us.”

Sehun shook his head “I can never be mad at you and dad. I was shocked. That’s it.”

“I don’t understand why Luhan would reject it. I thought…”

Sehun quickly cut off his mother’s words.

“I’m sorry, mom. I’m a bit tired and I have a class in the morning tomorrow. Goodnight.”

Sehun ran to his room. He kicked the door shut without caring if his mother heard the loud slam. His body leaned against the door as tears slowly slid down his cheek.


Author's note: Just a warning, this story will get more angst after this.