Second

The Unwanted Husband ( Temporary on hiatus)

Author's note: I apologize for not update this story quite a long time. My old beta reader wasn't able to continue the service, thus, I have to search for a new beta reader.


Sehun opened his drawer and took out a photo frame. It had a picture of two boys standing in front of a Ferris wheel.

The slightly taller boy was wearing a red Manchester united t-shirt with long jeans while the other boy wore a blue jumpsuit with a white t-shirt underneath. They were holding each others hands while smiling. This was the last picture they had taken before Luhan and his family moved back to China.

Luhan was Sehun’s first friend that he made. It was when Luhan and his family moved next door to his house. Sehun had always been a shy and lonely boy since he was four years old. He preferred to stay at home watching television than playing outside with the other kids. He was an introverted individual.

He still remembers how he met Luhan. He walked with his mother to Luhan's house with a bundt cake as a welcome gift. He hid behind his mother’s legs while Luhan’s mother introduced them to her son. Luhan stood there with a small shy smile.

After that, his mother pushed him to go play with Luhan while she and Mrs. Lu talked. At first, he hesitated a little due to his introverted nature, but Luhan seemed to see through him. Luhan suddenly grabbed his arm and they ran to his room together. Luhan asked him to sit down on the mat before dragging his toy box out of the corner of his room so they could play together.

Slowly, Sehun started warming up to Luhan and they became friends before the day was over. They became close and started hanging out at each others houses. Mrs. Oh was so happy that her son had finally made a friend and he was no longer a loner.

There were times when Luhan would be reading Chinese story books, Sehun would always ask him to translate and tell him about the story. Not only that, he would ask Luhan to teach him Chinese words. The first thing that he learned was his Chinese name, Wu Shixun. After that, Luhan would start calling him in his Chinese name. That made their bond unique, since no one would call him that aside from Luhan. He even started addressing Luhan as Han-gege(AN: gege means brother.) after learning some words. Sehun began to have feelings for Luhan and Luhan deep down felt the same.

They continued being best friends for almost two years or more like lovers,then Sehun received devastating news from Luhan. He told him that he and his family had to move again, this time to his home country, China.  Mr. Lu had been appointed by his company to the head branch in China. Sehun sat under the cherry blossom tree at the park and cried for one whole day until Luhan came to get him.

Under that tree, Luhan promised Sehun that he would call him everyday, He even promised that he would definitely come back and marry him. Sehun believed him and waited until that day would come.

At first, they never stopped calling each other every night. However after a year, the calls became less. Sehun had entered elementary school while Luhan was constantly busy with his homework. Slowly, the calls had completely stopped as their lives became busier. Still, Sehun held firm to the promise that Luhan made to him and he continued to wait patiently, until the day came where Luhan will fulfill his end of the promise.

A small sigh escaped from his lips when he recalled Jongin’s words this morning. He didn’t tell his best friend that Luhan actually moved back here two years and works in one of the prestigious law firms. When he got the news from his mother, no words could describe how happy he was.

Yet, he didn’t have the courage to go meet Luhan because at that time, he was still a high schooler. He was a bit embarrassed to show himself to Luhan who was already a successful lawyer.

Thus, he waited for Luhan to come to him, but it had been two years and Luhan still hadn’t come. This fact made him sad and he didn’t dare to voice out his disappointment to Jongin, knowing that Jongin would definitely get angry.

At the same time, he couldn’t stop thinking that Jongin was right about Luhan. Maybe he had forgotten his promise?

 


 

From: Sehun, 7.14 am

Where the freaking hell are you?

From: Jongin, 7.15am

I’m so sorry. I forgot to inform you that I can’t go to college with you today. Kyungsoo-hyung is having a fever. I need to take care of him.

Sehun frowned after he finished reading the message.

From: Sehun, 7.17am

You should have told me earlier, jerk! I’ve been standing at the bus stop for 15 minutes!

From: Jongin, 7.20 am

I’m very, very sorry. Please forgive me. I promise that I’ll make it up to you.

From: Sehun, 7.21 am

Make sure you fulfill your promise this time. Don’t abandon me again for your precious hyung.

From: Jongin, 7.23 am

I wouldn’t. I’ll come to class tomorrow if hyung feels better.

From: Sehun, 7.25 am

Okay. Send my regards to Kyungsoo-hyung.

From: Jongin, 7.26am

I will.

Sehun put his phone back inside his backpack. He glanced at his watch, There was thirty minutes left before his first class started. He would be able to make it if the bus came on time for once.

He looked at the cars passing by, hoping the bus would come. His eyes widened slightly when he saw a white kitten crossing the road and a car was coming towards it. He had to act fast if he wanted to save the kitten.

He quickly ran towards the feline before pulling the kitten into his arms. He yelped a little when the kitten scratched his arms, but there was no time for him to think about the pain when the car got closer to him. He closed his eyes, waiting for the impact but it never came.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw the car had stopped right in front of him. He gulped when a young man wearing an office suit came out from the car with anger all over his face.

‘Oh no!’ Sehun thought as he was hugging the kitten to his chest

“What the hell were you…”

Luhan stopped his words halfway when he saw there was blood coming out from Sehun’s left arm. He let out a small groan before he grasped Sehun’s arm and dragged him to his car.

“Err...mister….where are you taking me?” Sehun asked. ‘Don’t tell me that he is going to take me to a police station! But I did nothing wrong!’

“I’m going to take you to a clinic, your arm is bleeding. Better get it treated before your wound gets infected.” Luhan replied. He opened the passenger side door, “Get in now.” Luhan demanded.

“But…”

Sehun wanted to tell Luhan that he didn’t have to trouble himself as he can treat his wound himself, but he didn’t say anything when he saw the look on Luhan’s face.

He sighed before he climbing into the passenger seat with the kitten in his arm. Luhan closed the door with a loud thud making Sehun flinch in shock. There was no doubt that Luhan must be still angry at him and that made him rethink his choice. Maybe he should tell Luhan that he can’t come with him. However, he was too late when Luhan started the engine of his car.

‘Oh god! What have I gotten myself into?’

 


 

“So what did the doctor say?” Luhan asked after Sehun came out from the doctor’s office with a small bandage on his left arm. He was still holding the white kitten which made him raise his eyebrows.

“It’s just a small scratch.” Sehun replied looking down shyly. He had changed from the way he use to be, but there was something about Luhan that brought out his old introverted self.

Good.” Luhan answered. He stared at Sehun with a stern look on his face, “What were you thinking running to the middle of the street when a car was coming towards you? Be glad that I managed to break the car in time before it hit you. If not, you would have more than just a small scratch.”

“I...just wanted to save the...kitten. It was crossing the...road…” Sehun mumbled with his head down.

The anger that Luhan felt just now was gone the moment Sehun said those sentences.

‘He is so cute….wait a minute...what the hell was I thinking just now? Get a grip of yourself, Luhan.’

“Next time be more careful. I’ll pay your medical bills so you don’t have to worry about it.”

Sehun quickly looked up, “Eh? You don’t have to do that. It was my fault.”

“I insist.”

Luhan walked up to the counter, leaving Sehun standing there. This was his first time meeting Luhan, but Luhan somehow looked familiar to him. However, he can’t recall where he met him before.

 


 

Luhan was reading the document about his new assigned case when his phone started ringing. His lips curled into a smile, thinking that it must be his boyfriend calling, asking where he was, but the smile on his lips died down when he saw the caller id. It was his father who he has been trying to avoid after their last argument two months ago.

He took a deep breath before he answered the call.

“Baba, why are you calling?”

“Is it a crime to call my own son?”

Sighing, Luhan answered, “I was just shocked. I thought you wouldn’t call me anymore after our last argument.”

“That’s suppose to be my sentence to you.”

“Baba…”

“Look, I’m not calling you to have another argument. I’m just telling you that your mother and I are coming to Korea in a day. Pick us up at the airport. After that, we are going to have dinner with one of my old friends. You better cancel all your appointments to spare some time for your parents.”

“What’s with this sudden visit?”

“Just do as I say. One more thing, don’t bring your boyfriend with you. This dinner is for family only.”

“Baba…”

Luhan wasn’t able to finish his words since his father had abruptly ended the call. He let out a small groan after he put down his phone on his desk. It had been three years, yet his father couldn't accept that fact Minseok was his boyfriend.

The reason was simple. Minseok was just like him, a male giver instead of a male carrier. His father was the typical old fashioned man. Despite him telling his father that he and Minseok can adopt, his father still refused to accept it. He wanted a grandchild with his own blood flowing through him while his mother could only follow her husband’s words.

This was the sole reason why he wanted to move to Korea with his boyfriend so he could be away from his father who couldn’t stop ordering him to break up with Minseok and find a male carrier as his spouse.

Now that his parents were coming to Korea meaning he couldn’t avoid this matter anymore. There was no doubt that his father was going to bring this matter up again. He didn’t want to start an argument with his father again and put a strain on their relationship and at the same time, put his boyfriend in a hard spot.