3 Days to Forever

3 days to Forever

Tiffany has been diagnosed with UroSepsis Disease, been confined at the hospital for 1 month now. The Doctor said she's very toxicated, that the virus is spreading fast and her kidneys are now both damaged. She couldn't move, even talk clearly. The Doctor did many operations and test, they created an entrance into one of her Blood Vessels so her body can be connected to the filtering machine. She needed to undergo Dialysis, Dr. Lee inserted plastic tube into a large vein in her neck. Tiffany didn't like the 1st session of the Dialysis and said it was a bit painful but she needed that to take over her kidneys job of filtering blood since her kidneys aren't functioning anymore on its own. It is hard for Tiffany to go through all that, She don't want to die yet that is why she's letting the doctors do what they need to do in order for to survive and pray but it's much harder for her lover Taeyeon to see her in that condition. It breaks Taeyeons heart, everytime she sees Tiffany on that situation all she wants is to cry, with all that tubes attached to her. Taeyeon is Emotionally, Physically and FINANCIALLY stressed but for Tiffany, she's willing to do anything, even sell her soul to the devil.

 

 

DAY 1:

"hey Taeng, you should go home, take a rest and shower. Look at you, you're losing weight" Yoona tap Taeyeon's shoulder who is now sitting outside of Dialysis Center, It's Tiffany's 3rd Session of dialysis, Taeyeon has been sitting outside for almost an hour.

 

"I'm fine Yoona, Tiffany needs me" Taeyeon calmly said looking back and forth inside and at her wristwatch. "Besides its almost over" She added. Yoona just sigh.

 

"Okay okay, I'll go home, get you some clothes and something to eat, Taeng, everythings gonna be alright" Yoona said and bid goodbye.

 

**I hope so** Taeyeon said to no one.

 

When Yoona left, Taeyeon went inside the center to help the nurses to bring Tiffany back to her room. Its been 1 month and yet she's still not used seeing Tiffany on that condition. Everyday feels like she's dying slowly with her but she managed to put a fake smile on her face so that Tiffany won't see her being sad and hopeless. She wants to give Tiffany a hope, herself a hope so she stay strong.

 

"Hi Beautiful, how was it? Hungry?" Taeyeon asked while gently Tiffany's hair. Tiffany just nod and show a weak smile. Once they reached Tiffany's room, Taeyeon decided to have a small talk with Dr. Lee.

 

"How's everything Doc?" Taeyeon asked. It took a seconds before Dr. Lee answer her. 

 

"We need blood donors now Taeyeon, the more we delay it, the less chances for her survival, she's very toxicated. She's getting weaker everyday but she's fighting. Her body might be weak but I know she wants to fight and live. I will hold onto her as long as she's fighting." Dr. Lee said.

 

A tear fall down on Taeyeon's cheek. She feels like those words Dr. Lee just said is so suffocating. She wipe her cheeks and look where Tiffany is, she smiled at her, assuring that everything's fine. Dr. Lee and the nurses left the room.

 

"Hey beautiful, It's dinner time, want something to eat?" Taeyeon asked Tiffany while rubbing latter's tummy.

 

"Wa....ter." it was said with a low tone but Taeyeon heard it.

"Ok, water for my Queen" Taeyeon said dorkily.

"Dor....k" Tiffany teased. Since Tiffany is unable to swallow safetly, Taeyeon fed her by a feeding tube after that Taeyeon called Yuri and Jessica who live nearby the hospital.

 

"I'll be out for a while, got something to do but I will be right back as soon as possible" Taeyeon informed Tiffany. 

"I... wa...nna go...... home" Tiffany Said.

"Sssh... yes we will, few more stay here then I'll take you home" Taeyeon is not sure why she said that, she don't want to give Tiffany false hope but she's left with no choice, Taeyeon kissed Tiffany's forehead.

 

**If I could just take your place fany. Please hold on, I will do everything for you to survive. Please don't leave me, I don't know what I will be, how things will be without you** Taeyeon said to herself. 

 

Unaware of the witnesses who have seen that moment, Yuri and Jessica. Yuri touched Taeyeon's back to inform her that they arrived, They both greeted Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon left.

 

Day 2:

It still dawn when Taeyeon came back with fluffy eyes, obvious that she cried all night. Taeyeon didn't left the hospital at all. She went to the hospital's Chapel. She stayed there all night, she begged God that don't take Tiffany away from her, that she will do anything, everything just let Tiffany survive. She loves her more than her life. Pray, that's all she has been doing ever since Tiffany was diagnose with that disease but nothing change, Its getting worse day by day actually. In the end, she still leave everything to HIM. Thankfully Tiffany is asleep when she came back.

 

"Taeng, where have you been?" Yuri rushed to her side, noticing how fluffy her eyes were.

 

"I'm fine, how is she? Did she look for me?" Taeyeon asked eyeing Tiffany's bed.

 

"Yes she did asked about you, I told her you came back but went to nurse station. I dont mean to lie to her" Yuri explained.

 

"It's ok, thanks Yul" she tap Yuri's shoulder and went straight to Tiffany's bed.

 

"Hey, I'm back, I miss you, I miss you so bad Tiffany" Taeyeon whisper into Tiffany's ear. Tiffany opened her eyes, tears fall down on her cheeks, she wanted to say something but no words coming out from . She just stared at Taeyeon.

 

"Hey what's wrong?" Taeyeon panicked the moment she saw Tiffant cry all of a sudden. Yuri rushed to their side with Jessica who came back from nurse station who gave back the nebulizer they borrowed. Tiffany was about to say something again when her body began to shake, gasping for air.

 

"TIFFANY! TIFFANY! CALL THE DOCTOR! NURSE HELP!" Taeyeon shouted for help. No signs of doctor coming, Yuri run to nurse station to get help.

 

"NO NO NO! TIFFANY PLEASE DONT DIE! PLEASE" Taeyeon begged. Dr. Lee arrived, Yuri hugged Taeyeon who's now crying her heart out. Even before Dr. Lee lay a hand in Tiffany's body, within that seconds, Tiffany stopped breathing, her shoulder went up.

 

"NO, DOC PLEASE HELP HER, PLEASE HELP HER, TIFFANY! NO JUST PLEASE" Taeyeon felt like heaven and earth crushed on her, she fell on her knees, she kept screaming Tiffany's name. Yuri and Jessica are crying as well.

 

"Please don't leave me, l love you so much, please come back to me" She said between her sobs.

 

Dr. Lee tried to revive Tiffany for 10minutes now until her heart beats again. The moment Dr. Lee said it that Tiffany's breathing again, Taeyeon rushed to her side, holds Tiffany's hand, kissing it, And keeps saying how much she Loves her.

 

"Excuse me Taeyeon, but we have to attached respirator first on her, it will provide assistance with her breathing"

Taeyeon excuse herself. "Taeyeon I need to talk to you, coms with me" Dr. Lee added. As much as Taeyeon wants to stay by Tiffany's side she has to hear what Dr. Lee have to say.

 

"Taeyeon, this is hard for you, for all of us. She's still fighting but its her body that gave up. We had to attached that respirator on her, for her to be able to breathe properly, She's in comatose now. We're still not sure if its temporary or permanently, we still have examination to do. Look, within 24hrs if nothing change on her condition, I am sad to say I'll leave it up to you. Keep talking to her, like normal talk. We'll assist evrything she needs, check on her time to time." Taeyeon listen very carefully on what Dr. Lee was saying, she froze, Tiffany is now on life support. She couldnt speak, her mind went blank, too much to take in. Her heart getting crushed all over again, She becomes lifeless, numb. All she wants now is to go home with Tiffany and live happily but how will that happen when the love of her life almost died infront of her. She thanked Dr. Lee and went to Tiffany's side.

 

She sits beside her, she hold her hand, kiss it . **24 hours** it keeps ringing in her head. She look at Tiffany, her head is beggining to ache for crying so hard. Its suffocating to her to see Tiffany like that, seeing Tiffany suffer like that it breaks her heart even more. She told Jessica and Yuri what Dr. Lee said.

 

"What are you going to do now?" Jessica asked.

 

"What do you mean by "what am I going to do"?" Taeyeon accidentaly yelled at Jessica. Jessica was taken aback but chose to be more understanding.

 

"I'm sorry, lets just wait til she's the one who give up. I can't kill her by making stupid decision. As long as she's fighting, I will wait. I will fight together with her til the end" Taeyeon said while staring at Tiffany.

 

"But don't you think, It is just making her suffer more Unnie? I mean look at her, She's been through a lot Unnie." Yoona suddenly appear making the trio look at her.

 

"Do you think I don't suffer?" Taeyeon points at herself furiously." Its hard for her but its hard for me too. Its killing me to see her like this, everday I wish I was the one laying there. I am here but I couldnt do anything. She die, I die. I can't even picture myself without her" Taeyeon covers her face with her hands as she cry. They just hug her. "That's my decision, that is to wait" she added. That night Jessica and Yuri decided to go home and comeback tomorrow morning so Its Yoona who keep Taeyeon a company.

 

 

 

Day 3:

'Tae wake up, Its time to go home' Tiffany said while tickling the sleeping Taeyeon.

"Mmm?" Taeyeon lazily replied.

'Hey wake up, take me home look at me I am fine now' Taeyeon felt coldness when she felt someone just hugged her.

~~

 

"Unnie wake up!, Fany's awake" Yoona shouted. When Taeyeon heard Tiffany's name she quickly open her eyes. There she saw Tiffany looking up the ceiling.

 

"Hey~ I'm here, good morning, how was your sleep?" she caress Tiffany's cheeks then kissed her forehead. The two of them waited for a response from her but they got nothing. Taeyeon called out for assistance immediately. Dr. Lee arrived with some nurse.

 

"Dr. Lee, she's awake, isnt she? But she's not reponding to us. She just stared at the ceiling, grind her teeth, I thought she was trying to bite the tube on ,thats all we got ever since she opened her eyes" Taeyeon was so worried. Dr. Lee examined Tiffany, she told the nurses to do some skin test, check her BP while she talks to Taeyeon.

 

"Calm down Taeyeon, in her state it is called 'unresponsive wakefulness syndrome' also known as "Vegetative State". She's still unconscious, has no awareness of herself or her environment. She may move parts of her body but that movement is not voluntarily. Movements can include grinding her teeth, she can open her eyelids occasionally but the chances of recovering consciousness are very low Taeyeon" Dr. Lee carefully explained. On the other hand, Taeyeon Listen attentively on what Dr. Lee was saying, she don't want to miss even a bit information since it concern Tiffany. Her mind is taking the information slowly, so she didn't response right after Dr. Lee stop talking.

 

"How long will she be in that state?" It was Yoona who asked since Taeyeon couldn't speak. 

 

"Like I said yesterday, we'll see within 24hrs if nothing change, means its no good. Her body is getting weaker everday, some of her organs starts to function abnormally but we will monitor her condition still, give her medicines she needs, i will hold onto her thought I made myself clear to you Taeyeon? Keep talking to her, let her know you're still by her side" Dr. Lee pats the immovable Taeyeon's shoulder before leaving.

 

"Can you get me a coffee?" Taeyeon asked Yoona to get her a coffee, its her way saying 'leave US alone".

 

"Sure thing" Yoona replied then she left.

 

Once Yoona Left, Taeyeon sits beside Tiffany's bed, she hold latter's face, while holding and kissing Tiffany's hand at the same time with her free hand. Taeyeon's eyes went red as she tried to hold back her tears. She cups Tiffany's cheek.

 

"Whatever happens, I will always be here for you, I will always love you" she kissed Tiffany's forehead, nose, cheeks even gave Tiffany a really quick peck on the lips

 

"Thank your for those wonderful years you spent with me, those moments I will treasure forever and never forget. Thank you for making me the happiest person on earth. I thank God for your existence. I don't know what will happen to me if you're gone. This is killing me too~ my heart is slowly dying with you. I want you to know that my heart will always belong to you, I never thought that this would happen. I always dream of growing old with you, love you until our hair turns white, til you have wrinkles on your face. I love you so much Tiffany, so much~ I don't want to say goodbye but I feel like I need to assure you for the last time that I, Kim Taeyeon, will be yours forever and ever. I don't want to say these when you're already gone. Can you hear me? Please say you love me too, please fany~ah" Taeyeon hugged Tiffany by the waist, not too tight, not too loose and just keeps on crying, she hold onto Tiffang like she doesnt want to let her go. She remembers how they first met, how they fell inlove with each other, their first holding hands, their first kiss even their first fight and it made Taeyeon cry even more. She thought those memories of them will now be just a memories to remember. 

 

~~~

Yoona, Yuri and Jessica, witnessed that scene so they decided to just let Taeyeon have some time alone with Tiffany. They too feel sad and hurt but its nothing if combined to what Taeyeon's feeling right now. They stayed outside, and waited til Taeyeon call them. 

~~~

 

4:50 PM

Taeyeon cried a lot that afternoon, her heart is so broken, her head is aching so bad. She just held Tiffany's hand, kept saying how much she love her, how much she miss her, how bad she wants to go home and be with her. She also thought about the "what ifs", her mind wasn't fully ready to accept what might happen but she needed to prepare herself on whatever will come. There, she cried again.

 

"Fany~ah.... pani pani pani...... why?" She asked Tiffany.

 

She lightly grab Tiffany's hand and place it to where her heart is.

 

"This heart of mine, will die with you if you die. This heart, will always miss and love you. This heart, will never be the same without you. I am not ready, physically, mentally and emotionally Fany~ah, but if...... you're tired to fight, It's okay, you can rest now. It'll be super hard for me to be honest, but if it means you'll suffer no more, you can go now. I PROMISE YOU THAT WE WILL SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN, WAIT FOR ME PLEASE" Taeyeon almost choke herself while crying and talking at the same time. It's really hard for her, she don't want to let her go but she couldnt take seeing Tiffany suffering. She kissed Tiffany's forehead and whispers;

 

"I'll be yours til I die, I love you so much, rest now Fany~"

 

Right after she let those words out of , Tiffany's body started to shake again, the monitor beside her keeps on beeping, her heart stopped beating again. Taeyeon shouted on top of her lungs to get some help. Dr. Lee and Nurses rushed inside the room, Dr. Lee tried to revive her even injects something to make her breathing come back, it always come back but stop beating again. Dr. Lee was about to inject Tiffany for the 7th time, thats when Taeyeon told her to stop.

 

"Please Stop" Taeyeon managed to speak from crying so hard. Yoona, Jessica and Yuri was standing by her side. Soothinh their friend.

 

"Please Stop, I guess its time to let her go. We should let her have peace" Taeyeon went to hug the lifeless Tiffany. She hugged her so tight. Others just watch them, none of them tried to break the moment. Taeyeon cups Tiffany's cheek kiss her for the last time and say "Until we meet again, I love you so much".

 

 

-Fin-