Future Wife, Where Are You?

The Prince and His Bestfriend
Please log in to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun, a not so prince-like prince, trapped in his needs to find a wife to escape his own royal palace, holds a contest (sort of) for his destined one, with the help of his head butler slash bestfriend Park Chanyeol. In his journey to find his own Cinderella, he doesn't realize that he has his bestfriend's heart in his hands, from a long long time ago when they're just little kids running around and Baekhyun is just an innocent little kid, who dreams of going to the moon and placing his own flag there.

Of course, reality is harsher and it slams Baekhyun's little heart to pieces, with only his brother and Chanyeol to picked them up. Now, how do we do this without his parents knowing his plan?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Prince and His Bestfriend : Chapter 1

words : 2181

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No, no, no! This is not the one that i wanted to be with! Why did you even include this girl, Chanyeol? She’s at least 7cm taller than me! She’s almost as the same height as you, yoda. Look how short i am everytime i stands beside you! Imagine if it’s a girl. It would be ridiculous!”  Baekhyun slams the paper down on the table, glaring at his bestfriend across him. Chanyeol, the ever loyal and patient guy doesn’t show any expression, swallowing Baekhyun’s scoldings quietly. 

 

“This is the last girl i could find that seems fitted with your criteria, my prince.  However, if she doesn’t really suits your ‘taste’, then i shall search-“

 

“Stop your formal way of speaking Chanyeol it’s just the two of us.” Baekhyun scowls at the stoic faced butler.

 

Almost instantly a grin appears on the butler’s face, showing his teeth and a deep dimple on his right cheek. Baekhyun sighs as he watches Chanyeol’s eyes doing the usual weird twitchy motion, a sign that his bestfriend is in a good mood.

 

 

“Pardon me, my prin—”

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

“Okay, okay! Geez, why are you so grumpy Baek? Anyways, as i was saying, this is the last girl that i can find for you, princeling.” Chanyeol says as he points to the paper.  “Seriously? Are the girls in our country that, that incompetent? I swear they are low human creatures who possibly sell their bodies because of their family debts—“

“Whoa, whoa, slow down there your highness. Don’t judge them if you don’t know them personally. And i don’t think the problem is with them, Baek. You should check your standard first. I mean, how could we find a girl who’s  ‘tall but not too tall for me, short, but less than 5cm shorter than me, must have the knowledge about how to play piano, harps, and violin so she can entertain me when i’m bored, have a knack for sports, so i can have a lovely sparring time with—”

“Shut up.” Baekhyun grumbles as Chanyeol demonstrated his way of speaking when he listed the qualities he’s searching for his future wife.

 

Truthfully, he kind of have the thoughts of lowering his standard but then he remembered his older brother, the absolutely perfect number one son, Byun Baekbeom. Even his wife is the most beautiful, smartest, kindest, girl Baekhyun has ever met. Envious, yes?

His older brother has always been the golden child. Handsome, masculine, indulgent, gentle, sweet, caring, loving, elegant and all of the good things in the world. Byun Baekhyun is the opposite of him. He’s handsome, of course. But maybe its more accurate to say he’s pretty. He’s not as built as his brother, known for his hot tempered personality, sometimes borderline rude and disrespectful, and God, his brother’s love for books is not something Baekhyun can imitate.

His parents has taken a liking for comparing their eldest son and their youngest son. And for each time they open their mouth to say “Oh, Baekbeom! What a lovely thing you do. See, Baekhyun?  Why can’t you be more like him?”  or  “Oh, is this that famous one of the six rarest rubies? For us, Baekbeom? As expected, our child! Baekhyun! Don’t go, you have to study for university’s entrance test!”  and so on. It completely and Baekhyun hated them for doing that. Baekbeom doesn’t help too, being the good brother he is, still supporting Baekhyun no matter what, treating him with the utmost care and love, even more than their parents. Baekhyun doesn’t have any reason to hate him.

So, his last resort of ‘rebelling’ , as his old head butler said  -Mr.Park, Chanyeol’s father-  is finding a girl of his dream, knowing each other, dating, get married, and leaving this huge jail they called ‘the royal palace’.  Oh, he already planned this a long time ago, when his mother first said he’s in no condition of handling the kingdom, at least not as smooth as his older brother.

But, reality isn’t as smooth as your dream, Baekhyun realized. His so called ‘dream girl’ doesn’t exist, literally. Frustrated, he bangs his head on the mahogany desk, ignoring the pain that follows after.

 

“You know, Baek. How about we search for a man instead? Does it really have to be a girl? I mean, there’s a lot of men out there who wanted to be in your bed every—“

“Say another word and you’re jobless. And dead.”

 

Chanyeol only laughs at him and Baekhyun gets up from his seat to pull one of the yoda ears.  “Owwwww, it hurt! Okay, okay, i’m sorry. Baek, i’m sorry!” Baekhyun released his ear with a triumph grin and Chanyeol sla

Please log in to read the full chapter