3-3

Cerulean Rhapsody
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The ship is completely surrounded!” was the first thing that welcomed Myungsoo when he came out to the ship’s deck. He inwardly frowns upon seeing one rather familiar ship. “Ugh. Not again.”

 

 

 

“Scared yet, Captain Myungsoo? Now that I have brought my mates along, I, captain Sunggyu, ought to be able to take down that ship. Thar be nowhere to run for that scallywag.” This Sunggyu and his underlings then begin laughing. “So surrender the nautical chart of the Cerulean now!”

 

 

 

“We’re up against 28 ships.” Woohyun says as he continues scanning the area where the enemy’s ships are surrounding them. “They’re positioned windward in a semi-circular battle formation.”

 

 

 

“Can we get away from them…?” Dongwoo asks anxiously, looking over at their captain who has never said anything since he has arrived. He just remained deep in his thoughts.

 

 

 

“Yah, cap’t! They’ll easily defeat us!! We must retreat!!” Hoya yells from the other side of the ship, trying to throw little orders in place of their unmoving captain. “Prepare for bombardment!”

 

 

Sungjong stared in horror at their obvious fate. There is just no way this ship will win over 28 ships.

 

 

And there is just no way this would have happened if only I have left this ship early.

I was too touched by their hospitality, I forgot that I have been endangering them.

 

 

Sungjong gulped in guilt.

 

 

If the chart is the only thing that can save these good people, then…

 

 

He hadn’t even realized that he had move from his spot. Only apprehending it when he felt a hand resting on his head. He didn’t even need to turn around to know who it is. Somehow, he just knows.

 

 

 

“But, Myungsoo ssi…”

 

 

 

“I have no intentions of handing over the chart.” Sungjong’s eyes widened. He wanted to take a glance at the pirate, but the hand on top of his hand is too heavy and is preventing him from doing so.

 

 

 

“Hey, I went through too much trouble to get my hands on that treasure map.” Myungsoo unknowingly lets out a smile (which confuses and scares the hell out of Woohyun, Dongwoo, and others cause their captain never ever lets out such a heartwarming smile).

 

 

Touched with the pirate’s words, Sungjong’s cheeks flushed.

 

 

I have made up my mind.

 

 

 

“Myungsoo-ssi, get something to draw with please.” Myungsoo glanced at the young boy in alarm. “I will show you the chart. So please proceed as slowly as possible so you have enough time to copy it.”

 

 

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?” But Sungjong would no longer hear and say none of it. “Thank you for taking care of me.” He bowed down to the captain as appreciation. “I should have just shown you the chart earlier.” Still not letting Myungsoo say anything, he waved over at the mean ol’ pirates aboard the other ship.

 

 

 

“Oi!”

 

 

 

The old pirate named Sunggyu squinted his almost non-existent eyes. “Yah! Hurry up! Give me your answer!”

 

 

 

“Oi! I’m coming over!” Sungjong quickly undid his buttons, confusing Myungsoo and his crew.

 

 

 

“Oi, wait!” Myungsoo yells as he (shamelessly) watch Sungjong undress, his eyes widening as his gaze falls down on Sungjong’s back.

 

 

 

“The chart is right here.”

 

 

Everyone on the same ship was dumbfounded, no one bothering to say something as they all stare at the chart beautifully imprinted on the young boy’s back. The Cerulean chart is illustrated as a compass, with leaves, or rather vines surrounding its round side. Flowers even blooming from them. The inside of the compass yet remains unexplainable and unreadable, too complicated to crack at this short of time.

 

 

 

“Oh my… It was hidden there all along…” Woohyun managed to mumble, unlike Hoya who seemed like he barely knows where he is and forgetting to say actual words but “Uhh…”

 

 

 

“Yes, that’s why I can’t show it easily to you.” Sungjong bit his lower lip. He feels his back burning from all the stares the chart is getting.

 

 

 

“Uhm… Oi, Myungsoo. Is this all right with you? If we let this happen, he’ll suffer.” Sungyeol, the best artist on board, along with Hoya, asked their captain anxiously.

 

 

 

Myungsoo turned to him. “The chart? Did you make a copy?”

 

 

 

“Eh? Oh… Yes… Were you even listening to what I had just say…” Sungyeol muttered as he handed Myungsoo the drawing he made of the Cerulean chart. Myungsoo stares at it intently.

 

 

 

By that time, Sungjong had been fetched by Sunggyu’s men via a small boat, as he puts on his clothes back. He took one last glance at the ship of people whom actually made him feel at home before bidding them off with a thankful and sad smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“At last we have the chart!!! Tonight we shall celebrate!!!” Sunggyu announced as he raises his mug of beer, which was followed by his crew, cheering like mad men.

 

 

The place was soon filled with victorious and drunk laughter, crashing noises that kept Sungjong up.

 

 

Well, not like he was willing to be falling sleep anyway.

 

 

Sunggyu had his hands tied up on his back, and bound onto the chair he was currently sitting on. Heck, even his legs were tied up. As if he can escape with all of Sunggyu’s company celebrating just across his spot. Not to mention that he was dressed in an entirely new set of clothes, a long grey tunic, which was somewhat too big for him since his shoulders were showing. Luckily, it’s long enough to cover his legs since they leave him with no pants.

 

 

Myungsoo-ssi…

I wonder if he was able to copy the entire chart…

Please log in to read the full chapter