1-2

Cerulean Rhapsody
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the island of Blood Moon, which is located in the northern port city of Ethova, three pirates have effectively cornered a young fine boy, whom they have perceived has the one and only existing nautical chart of the Cerulean.

 

 

 

“Thar be nowhere left for ye to run, Lee Sungjong.” The man in the middle, whom Sungjong assumes is the leader of the other two ugly dumb heads, is wearing a beaded tricorn hat and has this real huge scar running across his left eye and he just suddenly feels like adding one more on his right eye if he doesn’t move out of his way soon.

 

 

 

“So why don’t ya just hand over the nautical chart of the Cerulean, lil man?” Yup, Sungjong really is this close to scarring the old pirate.

 

 

 

“Chart? What are you talking about? I don’t know anything about a nautical chart.” Sungjong tried to act dumb, yet unconsciously held on the strap of his shoulder bag, gripping to it with all his life. The old pirate did not miss it.

 

 

 

“Yer surrounded by a bunch of pirates, so now’s not the time to be lying, laddie.” Sungjong tsked at the murky pirate. He went to this island so he can start over, again, with a new made up name and family background and history and all. But it just had to end up the same way it ended up in the previous island he stayed at.

 

 

Words really do fly around fast.

 

 

A hand going past him snapped him out of his trance. It did not hit or grab him or whatsoever, just it simply laying flat on the brick wall behind him, right above his shoulder. Sungjong gripped the strap of his bag even tighter.

 

 

 

“Now hand us over the nautical chart-“ Sungjong truly has found no other choice but to tightly closed his eyes, ready to get hit and mugged.

 

 

 

“Excuse me.” A new toneless male voice got Sungjong to open his eyes again and he’s now torn between being thankful that he’s been saved and frowning because another pirate has just arrived.

 

 

Great. More pirates, more danger.

 

 

He realized one thing though.

 

 

The hand situated beside his head has been long gone now.

 

 

 

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!” The pirate cornering Sungjong is currently crying in pain. His hand has been raised up, and his wrist was being twisted by the unfamiliar pirate, whom Sungjong also concludes is another captain. He can’t see his face though for his dark capitano hat is covering almost all of his face. The new pirate is wearing a black version of a Captain Morgan outfit, that’s for sure.

 

 

 

“I have to talk to the young lad over there, so won’t you please get out of my way?” Sungjong gasped in astonishment as the pirate slowly revealed his face. He looks a year older than Sungjong, and most definitely the most dashing pirate he has ever seen. Heck, Sungjong has even begun to doubt that the new guy before him is a pirate. Let alone a captain of pirates.

 

 

 

“Who be ye?” Only then was Sungjong reminded that he was still being held captive at the moment. Though the pirates cornering him have all turned to the handsome young pirate, with seeming frantic auras.

 

 

 

“!” The leading pirate rushed to begin the attack on the good looking pirate, with the other two following. But as quick as Sungjong has blinked his eyes, was as quick as the three pirates all went down, all beaten up.

 

 

 

“That takes care of those nuisances.” The charming pirate then fixed his hat, in a very admirable manner if Sungjong may add, and can’t help but stare at him with stars in his eyes.

 

 

 

“Thank you very much, mister! I can’t believe someone rescued me! How can I repay you?” Sungjong asked in his most thankful tone.

 

 

 

“It’s a pity, but you weren’t rescued.”

 

 

 

“Huh?” Sungjong can’t believe he just (became dazzled and) thanked someone who obviously has other hidden agendas with him. 

 

 

 

“You do know that I’m a pirate too, Lee Sungjong.” The not so dazzling anymore pirate sticks his hand out and leans in on Sungjong’s eye level. “Now then, the nautical chart of the Cerulean, if you please.”

 

 

 

Sungjong then dashes away.

 

 

And the pirate calls after him.

 

 

 

“Oi! Wait young lad! Listen to all of what I have to say!”

 

 

 

“Forget it! I don’t have time to deal with pirates like you!”

 

 

 

“Yah! I didn’t say I was going to take the chart by force! I just want to borrow it so I can take a look at it!”

 

 

 

Take a look?!?!

WHAT?!?!?!

 

 

Sungjong blushed at the words and he unknowingly picks up a barrel filled up with water high above his head.

 

 

“?!” The pirate was even more surprised that a feminine and frail looking boy like Lee Sungjong can even pick up a barrel full of water in one try. He would have, however, continue being amazed by the strength, until he realized that Lee Sungjong is going to throw the barrel at him.

 

 

 

“Oi! Hold on a moment!”

 

 

 

“NO!” Sungjong successfully flung the barrel at the pirate and the pirate has no other choice but to take out his sword and slice the barrel in half, causing water to splash all over. He was stunned though when he finally realized that the boy is no longer around.

 

 

 

“Damn it. He got away.” He can’t help but curse. He got away fast. I have a feeling we'll meet again more sooner.

 

 

 

 

 

The area of the ocean south of Blood Moon island is called the Yearning Deep. It is said that on the other side of the Yearning Deep, lies a golden continent where gold and silver treasure sleeps. Due to the winding ocean currents, no one has yet to make it to the continent.

 

 

Except for one man who landed on the mythical continent 4 years ago. With some of the treasure in hand, he made his way back but lost his life in a pirate raid.

 

 

That man was Sungjong’s father. His father made a nautical chart detailing how to get to the continent. He called it the nautical chart of the Cerulean.

 

 

 

“Whew~ I thought, at last a wonderful person had finally come to my rescue. But as always, the world isn’t so generous…” Sungjong leaned his back on wooden boxes he had come across and catches his breath for a few seconds.

 

 

 

“Oi? What about the freight over here?” Freight? Sungjong then took a peek from behind the boxes to see a couple of pirates carrying cargos around.

 

 

 

“That freight is supposed to go on the ferry bound for Flosia.” The man in charged says. Sungjong quickly took the chance to slip inside a nearby barrel. “All right! I’ll stow away in here.”

 

 

 

Sungjong’s father has entrusted that chart to him.

 

 

So, thanks to that, he’s being targeted over and over again by pirates who want to get their hands on the treasure.

 

 

I’m so tired of this life.

I wonder if I’ll always be on the run….

 

 

…But I also want to choose whom I want to give the chart too…

 

 

 

“Set sail!”

 

 

 

“Weigh anchor!”

 

 

 

“Looks like the ship I secretly boarded is now off to sail away from here.” Sungjong muttered before completely slumping himself comfortably on the barrel sides. He suddenly felt his eyelids becoming heavier by the second.

 

 

 

“I’m so tired from all the escaping. Maybe I’ll just take a little nap at the meantime...” And Sungjong has fallen asleep just like that.

 

 

 

If I can give it to someone else, then all my troubles will definitely be over.

 

 

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter