If I Could, I Would Pull It Up And Rewind

30 Days Of JJ Project (and GOT7)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I Could, I Would Pull It Up And Rewind

Prompt: Remorse

(A/N. THIS IS IMPT! PLEASE READ!

This was supposed to be a sequel to This Love, Like Dead Leaves, Is Withering but ended up being a companion fic. So this time, it's from Jinyoung's POV. In case any one else is asking, I'm not planning to do a sequel because I'm quite happy with how it is. Actually, I might, but not any time soon.)

 

Jinyoung’s memory of meeting Jaebum for the first time was clear as if it was yesterday. That was cliche, he knew that. But it was the truth. He remembered instantly labeling the other as a typical delinquent, no thanks to Jaebum’s multiple piercings and dyed blonde hair (which Jinyoung found really hot but refused to admit to, no matter what Jackson implied).

He had been called into the principal’s office, one fine Tuesday morning. That in itself wasn’t unusual despite having had their monthly meeting together just yesterday.  The principal was well known for forgetting to inform people of the Really Important Matters. Most of the time, the victim was Jinyoung.

Must be the old age getting to him. That guy was ancient. Jinyoung swore that he had been the principal since forever.

He entered the office, immediately taking notice of the stranger that was sitting down in front of the principal’s desk. What was this about?

Oh. A transfer student. Well, that’s new.

The student president was slightly disgruntled at having to be dragged away from his lessons to show a new student around the school. Their school wasn’t even that big. It would be an absolute joke if someone got lost. Still, it was listed as one of his duties as the student president, though he had no idea why it would even be written down. It had been years since they got a transfer student.

 

There was no reason that Jinyoung could give when asked about the new transfer kid and his relationship. They had just simply rubbed each other the wrong way. Hatred at first sight, maybe?.

The two of them got into fights over the tiniest thing like how the new student’s (he found out from Yugyeom a week later that his name was Im Jaebum) shirt was dirtied one day and Jinyoung was appalled at how he could show up in school like that. Jaebum received two weeks of detention for that.

What could Jinyoung say? He was petty. He admit it.

 

(It was only later that he found out Jaebum was mugged on his way to school and had fought for the money. The money which he used to buy Jinyoung a birthday present. Jinyoung had no idea why he felt extremely guilty for that. He shouldn’t even care. That being said, why did Jaebum even buy him a present when they weren’t even friends?

Though, his guilt and Jackson’s glare drove him to offer to wash the shirt for Jaebum was an apology. Never mind that it was three weeks after the incident. To which, Jaebum had just stared at him and laughed. Jinyoung felt offended and embarrassed. He was about to leave when Jaebum said that if he swapped his offer for a trip to the amusement park, he would be more than happy to.

For some reason, Jinyoung agreed. Insane, he knew. Who would accept a trip to a theme park with your rival? In his defense, he had been running on only three hours of sleep that day.

But honestly speaking, the trip to the amusement park with Jaebum wasn’t as bad as he thought it would be.

It turned out to be actually quite fun.

Now that Jinyoung thought about it, they had their first date before their confession.)

 

Part of the reason why Jinyoung became student president was that he was able to read peoples’ moods and emotions rather accurately and respond accordingly.

When it came to Im Jaebum though, it was like trying to read a wall. Even that would have better results.

He confused Jinyoung greatly.

It was starting to become common for the student president to have lots of misconceptions about the other. He had thought Jaebum was the type of delinquent that had some tragic family background or was some rich kid and rebelling against his parents. The typical delinquent role showed on the television.

But Jaebum wasn’t, Jinyoung gradually realized.

He was just lost.

Well, not really lost, but more like misunderstood. So much for his cold and mysterious appearance, the guy was like a puppy once you got to know him.

He might come across as handsome and fierce, but Jaebum was actually seriously cute.

He gets excited at the littlest thing (like who gets excited at a paper windmills? Kids, that’s who.) Jinyoung admired Jaebum’s ability to find joy in everything though. He wanted to protect that rare innocence of the other.

It was after they started dating when Jinyoung saw Jaebum for who he actually was. The entire process was surreal.

A drunk kiss at a party. Typical.

Awkward avoidance of each other before Bambam finally snapped and resolved it by locking them both up in the council room and taking way the key.

Which then led to awkward confessions and more making out.

 

It didn’t take long for Jinyoung to introduce his boyfriend (he liked this term more than ‘rivals’) to the rest of his council. Especially since Jaebum already had multiple run-ins with most of them.

Jackson had latched on to him almost immediately (that traitor. He was Jinyoung’s vice president. He was supposed to listen to him) and wanted to sit next to Jaebum during their every meal. Jinyoung had to remind Jackson that he was Jaebum’s boyfriend, not him.

That aside, everything else went fine. Other than the slight jealousy he felt when he saw a younger student following Jaebum into the council room shyly. Which immediately fled once his boyfriend noticed his jealous stare and pulled him into a mind-blowing kiss.

He had no idea then how he could have ever been jealous of the younger then. Choi Youngjae was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter