Why lie

Why lie


Yunho felt bad, he felt sorry.

Is this his fault now?

No. Jaejoong never blamed him. It never crossed his mind, actually. He just needed Yunho to be safe. No more questions asked.

So then, he flew. Away from their motherland, away from his sick lover. 
He regretted leaving him alone, and sick to make it worse. But, he cannot just stay there and gain less and see his dear Yunho suffer due to lack of treatment.

-----

Almost 3 months since they last saw each other. Jaejoong accompanied Yunho in the hospital during the first 3 months.

--

Ring.

Yunho smiled, but frowned a little when his head started to ache again.

"Hello" Yunho greeted with a happy voice.

"How are you? Is everything alright?" Jaejoong asked, noticing the weakness in his Yunho's voice Yunho tried to cover. 

"Everything's fine, Jaejoong. How about you?" Yunho assured, softly massaging his temples.

"Are you sure? You're not hurt somewhere?" Jaejoong asked, concerned.

"I'm fine. I even ate an apple a while ago. Whole of it, with skin. Really." Yunho answered, smiling a little and trying to ignore the pain.

"Ok, ok." Jaejoong chuckled "I miss you" he continued.

"I miss you, too" Yunho answered, sadness coming out from his voice.

"So, please be alright, Yunho. Please be alright" Jaejoong almost pleaded.

"I will be. Do not worry about me. Have you been eating well? Sleeping well?" It was now Yunho's turn to ask, and maybe Yunho also wanted to avoid the sensitive topic of his illness which he knows that it is getting worse.

"I'm fine here, Yunho. I can take care of myself" Jaejoong answered sadly.

"Yah! Are you telling me I can't take care of myself?" Yunho asked jokingly to lighten the mood up, but Jaejoong didn't buy it.

"Yunho, are you sure everything's alright? Should I not really worry too much?" Jaejoong asked.

"Yes, Jaejoong. Everything is alright here. I can manage" Yunho answered rather quietly. 

"Promise me you'll be alright. And everything's fine" Jaejoong slightly begged.

"Promise me that, too. That you'll take good care of yourself" Yunho did the same.

"Ok, I promise. Promise?" Jaejoong asked back.

"Thank you. And yes, I promise everything's fine. Nothing to worry. Oh. Isn't it already late there? You should sleep now" Yunho tried to change the topic and half-heartedly wanted to stop their conversation as his severe headache attacked again and was afraid Jaejoong might hear him whimper in pain.

"But-" Jaejoong wanted to protest but was cut by Yunho.

"You need to rest now. I don't want you to get sick" Yunho insisted as he tried to resist the pain.

"Fine. Goodni- uhmmm... Good afternoon, Yunho. I love you. I love you so much" Jaejoong finally gave up.

"Goodnight. I love you, too, Jaejoong. I love you very much" Yunho answered and ended the call.

When they ended the call, Jaejoong felt a gush of wind surfaced his body. And tears dropped from his eyes.


They both closed their eyes at the same time, and while Yunho unconsciously drew his 1 last smile, Jaejoong lifted his face up a little as if he wanted to feel the cold wind more to dry up his tears but the wind obviously failed as he mumbled

"Why lie?"