CHAPTER 11

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11:


Mina’s Pov:

Mark had returned the previous night. Mina felt relieved when she saw him. He never, not even once answered to her phone calls. It was Tuesday night when he left the house and he returned Friday night. Mina and no one else knew where Mark was or what he was doing. In those three days Mina cried her eyes out but she didn’t say anything to Jihye what was going on because this fight was all her fault and no one else.

She was selfish she thought only of herself and she didn’t consider Mark’s feelings or thoughts. He was thinking of her and her needs. She was terrible. A tired sight left . She couldn’t do this anymore she decided to leave the bed and go for a walk to clear her mind.

She wore her casual clothes and slipped in her shoes and left the house as quiet as possible and walked toward a different direction than she usually took with her car. She plugged in her earphones and walked, walked, walked until she spotted a small park. She walked faster and went to sit somewhere the sun wouldn’t hit her in the face. She replayed this past few days event on her mind.

Her stupid thoughts

Their fight

Mark leaving and then coming back

He mind was in a chaos. She didn’t know what to feel. She loved Mark; yes she did but the past few months they weren’t as they used to be. Maybe she loved the idea of loving Mark. Actually for the past ten years they lived with each other so much that they forgotten how it feels to live alone, have hobbies and interests without the other person to be involved. They practically lived like a married couple.

She sighed.

She needed a break she needed to get away from this situation. She didn’t want to leave Mark not in a million years but how are they going to continue like this?

Her train of thoughts was stopped by the ringing of her phone. She took it out of her pockets and answered it without looking at the callers ID.

“Hello? She said.

“Where are you?” A male voice that she knew for more than 8 years greeted her. 

“Out.” She answered simply. 

“When are you coming back?” Mark asked again with a tone Mina never heard before. It wasn’t exactly cold or distant it was empty, empty of feelings and he sounded tired.
 

“I’ll be there in ten minutes.” She answered and put the phone aside, a tear threatening to fall.
She hated this.

How could things get like this in no time? Just yesterday Mina was the happiest when she was with Mark but now she didn’t know what she was feeling. 


What was she going to do with Mark?


After he left her like that for three days no phone calls, no sign of life whatsoever she thought she was going to die, but that gave her time to think her life.

 For the past 10 years she was together with Mark. It was a pretty long time if you think about it. They were living with each other for almost 3 years now and she really loved all those 3 years with him. But now that she was thinking about it in all those three years they had gone in a few dates and their time together was just a little. They didn’t communicate with one another at all and he was working almost every day and it was getting on her nerves. He wanted to work and Mina wanted a family. 
She couldn’t do this anymore.

How was she going to live the rest of her life with someone who didn’t want to marry her just yet or have children with her?
She stood up and walked back home, every step more painful than the other. She thought she was going to fall down anytime soon, gravity pulling her to the earth.

 She was afraid.

She knew that this was the end for them. It was the first time Mark ever talked to her with that tone and something inside her just knew. 

She unlocked the door to their apartment and she saw Mark sitting on the sofa talking on the phone with someone. 


Mina observed Mark for a while and then it hit her; they were on different pages no scratch that she was in a totally different chapter than Mark’s. They always walked together on the same pace but now they were not.

“Hey.” Mina said softly and turned around to close the door. 

Mark nodded his head acknowledging her presence and held his finger up like he was saying give me a sec. Mina took off her shoes and walked further into the apartment and sat down to the sofa with many thoughts on her mind. 

What was she going to say?

Finally Mark hanged up his phone and sat d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter