CHAPTER 10

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10:

 

The next morning Mark woke up with a slight headache. Drinking beer all night with the guys yesterday wasn’t a bad idea but tomorrow he really thought that it was the worst idea ever. He hadn’t drunk with them for so long and he really missed their laughs and stupidness, plus little Bam- Bam really grew up. He was now 26 years old. Years do pass quickly. How much he missed his college time where everything was easy. You could be all night out drinking, partying and the next morning go to listen to your professor talking to some things you’ve heard from the first time and still take notes then return home totally tired and sleep the whole afternoon only to repeat the same thing at night.

Now things were different. Now you were so tired from work that you really didn’t have time to relax because you always returned back home late or you brought your work with you.

Mark didn’t regret his decision working for the company, but he did think how his life was going to be if he was a teacher.

His train of thoughts were stopped by his alarm clock that beeped for the umpteenth time.

“Ugh.” He groaned.

Mina who was sleeping peacefully next to him snuggled deeper in his chest. He kissed her head. He was thankful to the guys because without them he wouldn’t be able to get back with Mina. Even thought they never brought the subject up again, they still knew that deep down they wanted to say a few more things, but they just didn’t say anything afraid of what was going to happen.

 It was nice to have the guys around them for one afternoon.

“Good morning Mark.” Mina greeted him sleepingly. He smiled at that.

“Good morning baby girl.” He kissed her head once more. “Let’s get ready for work.” He said softly.

Mina groaned. She didn’t say anything else and just stood up and went to the bathroom.

“How do you feel?” She asked after freshing up.

Mark groaned feeling the headache once more.

“Well I’ve been better. But a strong black coffee will do the magic.” He said sweetly while standing up and trapping Mina in his arms.

“On my way Mr. Tuan.” She replied with a sweet voice.

“Thank you for your kindness Mrs. Tuan.” He said, without giving it much thought.

Mina smiled widely at that.

She gave him a quick kiss and left to go and prepare the breakfast.

 

Mina’s Pov:

 

She was happy. She couldn’t have a better morning than this.

She went to the kitchen still the wide smile on her face and started the coffee machine, while preparing the other stuff like bread with jam and maybe some fresh juice she couldn’t stop thinking the way Mark told her… Mrs. Tuan. Was it just her or did Mark started warming up to the idea of marriage? She hoped that Mark really did warm up to the whole idea otherwise she would be really disappointed.

Just then Mark came into her view. Mina didn’t have the time to react to him because he was already kissing her fully on the lips. She relaxed to his soft touches and she let herself enjoy the kiss.

Even thought she felt happy, she couldn’t stop being bothered by the fact that the kisses didn’t have the same feeling as before. These were more like the forced kind of feeling, like the one you have every night before you brush your teeth and then fall asleep, like a habit.

Mark pulled away and Mina’s thoughts vanished.

“Well breakfast time.” Mark said and went to grab some coffee and eat. Mina did the same. They happily ate and left the house to go to work.

Mina took her car. Mark didn’t have time to take her to work, Mina at first was bothered but now it was better because she could come and go without bothering anyone. The two cars zoomed off to different directions both confused with their thoughts.

Seven hours and two minutes later Mina was back home tired from the whole yelling and the noise the kids made 
She was really jealous of them more like she was jealous of the fact that she didn’t have her own kid to send to school. Tomorrow she is going to give their grades away to the parents and she really wished she could have a kid and you know go to school have a talk with the teachers then return home and announce the news to Mark and then congratulate their kid and eat like a happy family.
She sighed how was she going to tell that to Mark. Even now Mark was really careful and every time he came home with a new pack of condoms he said “we have to be really careful we can’t afford to have a child unscheduled”. At first Mina agreed with him, because she hadn’t considered marriage or anything but now she thought it was wrong, as everything else felt wrong. With those thoughts on her mind she fell asleep. 
 

Mark’s Pov:


Mark was still at work. Lately he was really busy because of the new lounge they were going to make. The company didn’t know if they wanted Mark or someone else to represent them in New York. Yes he was important, clever and thank to him they got the deal but he was still young and inexperienced for something as big as this new firm. 


Even if he was selected he would have to refuse. He couldn’t handle such a big responsibility and second of all he couldn’t leave everything behind him and leave. Yes things were indeed cold with Mina but it wasn’t like this was their first fight. It was maybe a serious fight but not something they couldn’t overcome. 


On top of that he still couldn’t forget her face this morning when he called her Mrs. Tuan. That was so stupid of him, Mina was going to have the wrong idea and it would be his fault. 
He turned off the computer grabbed his stuff and left his office while brushing his thoughts away.


Mina wasn’t going to misunders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter