But I Am Nice

Real 'Man'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber’s POV

I looked at my left and saw my teammates. Worried, scared, nervous, you name it. Their faces blew everything off. For half and hour now, I tried to bit back my laughter as I heard them conversing with each other.


“Otoke? Do we really have to do this? This is like, directly breaking the women’s right!” Bomi shouted while crossing her arms across her chest. Her face was obviously displeased with what’s going to happen any minutes from now.


“Yes, you’re right. Sigh, I wonder if I gain any weight this past few weeks?”


Then, Da Hee unnie turned to face me. Her eyes fixed on me. I gulped a little.


“Amber.”


“Y-Yes unnie?”


“Am I fat?”


“…” Don’t. Laugh.

 

Oh, forget it.

 

“Pfft. Hahaha!”


I can’t hold it in anymore. Her face is priceless. How can she asked me that with a straight face. Being all serious like that. Da Hee unnie on the other hand had a flushed face as she’s trying to shut me up.


“Shhhhh! Amber, don’t laugh!”


“Haha. B-But unnie, y-your face. Pfft. Haha!”


Her face turned more red than it already was. She had no choice but to close my mouth with her hand, slightly hugging me from the side. I can’t explain how close we were but we were closed enough for me to smell her lavender perfume.


Suddenly, I felt that someone nudged me on my right. So, I shifted a bit to look at Ha sun unnie. She eyed me intensely and gestured me to look at my front. With Da Hee unnie’s hand still placed on my mouth, I looked at the way Ha sun unnie gestured me just now. And when I did, my eyes met upon another pair of beautiful eyes which were glaring me from across the room. I gulped at my latest discovery and quickly pulled unnie’s hand away and avoided her glares. As if she got the message, she turned around to talk to Bomi on her left.


Phew, I’m saved for now.


After that, I don’t even dare to even steal a glance at the princess anymore. I kept my eyes on my friends instead.
If you asked me am I not worried about weighing my weight, you are absolutely wrong. I’m worried too but I can’t do anything to change it now. It’s too late...too late… #echoes


Oh..


“Thanks for the warning unnie.” I grinned to Ha Sun unnie to show my appreciation towards her.


“No problem Amber. I don’t want you to get into more trouble than you already had.”


“Yea, what a day. Phew~” I faked a sigh while wiping the sweats on my forehead.


“Such a diva Amber.” Unnie giggled at my carefreeness even if I’ve gone through a lot on our first day.


In short, we were having fun while waiting for our names to be called by Ms. Hyuna.


As we were busy bickering with each other, we heard a loud slam echoed in the room. It was coming from the door. I took a peak and I saw a good looking young lady stood at the door panting for air. Maybe she ran her way here.


After a while, she looked at her surrounding, probably realised all eyes were on her. She nervously fixed her hair and stood straight.


“I-I’m-I’m sorry I’m late! Cadet Kang Ye Won reporting Ma’am!” She bowed to us. She looked she was aware of the ‘Hell Instructor’ that was apparently sitting directly across the room with her legs still crossed.


The princess only looked at the girl in disinterest. She clicked her tongue and retorted.


“You are welcome to go home. Please leave.” She didn’t even look at the lady in the eye.


“No can’t do Captain Jung.”


A man in uniform made his grand entrance in the room. But I can’t help to think that he was just an old man with a layered forehead. Well, I’m sorry that’s where my eyes landed.


I saw that the princess slightly flinched as she stood up to salute to the man. Is he one of those higher-ups or something?


“Sir. Why is that sir? I have all the rights to manage my own Platoon.”


“Haha! You really are my favourite, Captain.” He tapped his wrinkled hand on my princess’s shoulder.


I pouted unconsciously. I don’t like it…


“Anyways, this cadet over here had lost her way while she was searching for your Platoon. She met me instead and I offered her a tour around the academy. Haha. She really is a good girl. I hope you give her a chance.”


“Sir, my Platoon, my ru-“


“Your rules, yes. But it was my fault Captain. She had rejected my offer but I kept on insisting her. You know how I hate rejections.”


“You wife is still alive sir.”


“Oh my. You sure hit the spot there Jung. Haha. Take care of your cadets. I’ll be on my way.”


“Yes sir. Have a good day.”


The princess said that as she saluted the man. He did the same to her and made his way out.


She twirled a bit to face this new cadet. She looked like she’s going to eat her alive. I saw how the girl shivered on her ground. Sweats trickled down her long, fair neck. It was tinted pink, she’s obviously cold. I wish I could help but the princess didn’t stop her inspection on that poor girl.


Sob sob I’m sad for you. I know what it feels like.


Sigh.


“..There’s no next time cadet.” She whispered to her softly. More like warning her.

Sheesh that princess. She needs to let lose a bit.


“Y-Yes Ma’am. I’ll keep that in mind.”


“Good. Now sit with the others and wait for your turn.”


With that, she walked back to her sit and again crossed that creamy legs. Man, I want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter