Chapter 11

Twice and no more (Sequel to Miracle)

Chapter 11

[Guigui POV]

“I’m sorry Rainie. I should have told you earlier but… I’m leaving the country.”

“What! Was it because of your breaking up with Aaron?”

I looked down the floor. “Partially, but it’s also because a University in Australia had offered me a scholarship and ...”

“WHAT?! You were offered a scholarship and you didn’t tell me?” Rainie interrupted.

I didn’t lifted my head. “I didn’t want anyone to know before I had confirmed my decision.”

“So you mean Aaron doesn’t know anything…” She paused while waiting for my answer.

“Yes.”

“You are planning to leave this place without even telling him or our classmates?”

“Yes, and I hope you will keep it a secret.” I forced a smile.

Rainie hesitated. “But he will know one day when he found out you were missing for school for a long time.”

“He won’t even care…”

“Guigui… Can you go to a place nearer from me? Australia is far from where we are.”

“I just want to go as far as possible. Don’t you understand Rainie? I just want to…” I buried my face on Rainie’s shoulder. “go to a place where I can forget him.” I continued.

All I heard now were our muffled cries.

“When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow, Rainie. You will send me off, won’t you?”

“Of course. I won’t know when to see you again.”

“I will come back to visit you. Wait for my return Rainie…”

----------

[Rainie POV]

It’s been a week since Guigui had left. Everything seemed different. Someone has changed, Aaron. He acted as if Guigui had never existed in his life. Whenever Calvin and I talked about Guigui, he would pretend to walk away. Yet, his eye bag had become heavier and he appeared more lethargic day after day.

Of course I wouldn’t care about him. He’s a bastard! Guigui told me the whole story before she had board the plane, from how he accused her to him saying all those hurtful words.

It was lunch time when the bell rang. I walked briskly towards the cafeteria. Calvin was walking beside me. He’s currently my boyfriend. I trusted him in keeping the secret of Guigui’s whereabouts. Wangzi stopped in front of us, with his hands crossed in front of his chest.

He looked at us seriously and demanded, “Where did Guigui go?” His fingers were tapping his elbow.

“I told you I don’t know. Even if I know, why should I tell you?” I replied harshly.

“That’s because I’m her project partner and I want to know why she left me alone to do the project.”

“What a stupid excuse. If you don’t mind, please excuse us…” Calvin held my shoulders and pulled me along to him.

“If he ever harass you for Guigui’s whereabouts, just let me know.” He leaned over and kissed my forehead.

----------

[After school]

A big black limo was waiting in the car park of the school. I turned to stare at it for a while, before heading out of the gate.

“Are you Ms Rainie Yang?” A guy, wearing a black suit, tapped my shoulder and asked.

I nodded my head, as he led me towards the car. The window was down and a woman looked at me with a sunglass.

“Don’t be shy, just come in the car. We will talk on the way.” She spoke elegantly.

“By the way, I’m Aaron’s mother. Call me Mrs Yan will do.” She continued.

As we were in the car, she asked me a few questions regarding about my relationship with her son.

“How about your relationship with Guigui?” She asked.

I stared into her eyes, maybe her sunglasses, searching for her eyes.

“She’s a great friend of mine. We shared a lot of secrets together.” And I blabbered a lot about us.

It was soon the car came to a halt and I looked out of the window. My house was in front of me and I didn’t remember telling her where I’d stayed.

“Don’t worry. You will be able to enter your house after I asked you a question.” I nodded at her.

“Where is Guigui?”

I was debating in my head. Should I tell her or keep it from her? Will she do anything to Guigui so she will not come back? Or was she trying to help her son to seek for information on Guigui? Of course that was out of my mind. Why would Aaron want to know where Guigui is currently? He had totally given up on her. I winced at that thought.

“She’s not in town.” This answer should do… Or not?

“Will she be coming back?”

“I’m not sure.”

“Aaron and Guigui, they are…”

“I’m sorry Mrs Yan, but I have to get home now. My mother would be worried.” I broke her sentence and lied.

Her driver opened the door and let me out of the car. I turned to look at her face once more. Did Aaron ask his mum to question me about Guigui?

----------

[A/N] 10 days since I last updated. I'm kinda lazy to update these few days. Hopefully I can finish this story before Chinese New Year. :)

wznaz: Haha, thank you for subscribing to my story. :)

Kodacha2007: Yes, I'm thinking if I should make them patch back or what.. :)

meiswatiam & azngurl716 & we♥guilun: Thanks. :)

greeny: Updated. :)

Tiffany: You cried? Woah, is my story touching? Haha. Thanks. :)

14 January 2009