Chapter 12

Twice and no more (Sequel to Miracle)

Chapter 12

[Wangzi POV]

As usual, I waited for lunch break to look for Rainie. I had been pestering her for a week to ask about Guigui. And is always zipped tightly.

“Please?” I begged her.

After all, I did a lot to separate her and Aaron. But I didn’t expect her to be missing like that.

“Just scram off, will you?” Rainie cursed.

I looked at her with pleading eyes. She sighed, showing that she had given up on me.

“If I let you know, you will have to keep a secret.” She whispered into my ear nearest to her.

I nodded in consent. I saw Calvin holding her hand tighter, but she assured him to telling me the truth.

“She had gone oversea to study.” She groaned.

“WHAT? OVERSEA?” I exclaimed.

Their first reaction was to cover my big mouth. I was frustrated with myself too, because I had attracted almost everyone’s attention in the corridor.

“Shut up! Do you want the whole world to know? Especially Aaron?” Rainie scolded me.

But how can Guigui just leave the country? I wanted her so much; this is how she ‘repay’ me? I left Rainie and Calvin, walking towards the school garden. She, my accomplice was waiting for me there.

----------

[In the school garden]

“I had heard everything Rainie said. Good job.” She said as I walked towards her.

“But the deal was that you having Aaron, and I having Guigui. You might have gotten your deal, but I didn’t.” I argued.

“It’s your fault that you didn’t try your best to hold Guigui back, so don’t blame me for the outcome.”

“If you didn’t notice, Aaron doesn’t like you at all.”

“Oh shut your mouth. You don’t know how much he loves me. Remember he kissed me?”

“Stop acting that you are naïve, Hebe. You have no idea how much Guigui means to him, that’s why he had become so… ‘stoney’, if there’s such a word, when he had lost Guigui, maybe forever.” I added salt to her wound.

----------

[Hebe POV]

He did not just say that, did he? Aaron does love me. If he doesn’t, why did he kiss me back?

“You are wondering about that too, right?” He prompted.

“I will prove to you that he loves me, and nobody else.” I stomped away from him, ignoring the facts he just said.

Scanning through the cafeteria, I saw Aaron sitting at a corner, with his friend, Jiro. I took the initiative to sit with them and heard Jiro sneered.

“Hello Aaron.” I greeted him in a bubbly way.

But he ignored my presence. I snuggled towards him, hoping he would react. He became stiffer and shuddered at my touch.

“Why are you acting as if I’m a contagious disease?” I was pissed off with him now.

“Can you just go away?” He snapped.

“What?” I can’t believe he said that, to me!

“Look, I’m not in the mood to play with you and get annoyed by you.” He said.

“I annoy you?” I asked in surprise.

“Yes.”

Now I understand that the truth hurts a lot when it came from someone you love.

I got up and rushed to the toilet. My tears were urging to fall. I took a deep breath and told myself not to cry.

“He doesn’t love you at all.” A voice said.

I jumped in startle and turned back.

“No, he loves me. He… he just don’t know yet.” I retorted.

“Don’t lie to yourself, Hebe. You know he still loves Guigui.”

“Just shut up, Rainie!”

“Okay, treat it as I’m begging you, Hebe. Give up Aaron. They are meant for each other.”

“How can they be when they don’t trust each other at all?”

“I know you had collaborated with Wangzi to break them up.” She owned.

“So? We were just trying to let them face reality earlier and know that there’s someone out there who is more compatible to them.”

“All you care is about yourself. The plan you made with Wangzi, he told us everything.”

“How can you believe what he said after he hurt Guigui?”

“At least he realized his mistake. He would rather see Guigui being happy with Aaron than leaving the country to avoid us. What about you? You know Aaron still cares for Guigui, yet you try harder to get close to him.”

“You are such a nag! You want to know the truth? Fine, let me tell you. Aaron was supposed to be mine! We were engaged even before we were born. We should be engaged last year, but he came back for her. Because of his selfishness, his Dad didn’t want to join our company together and my Dad had to declare bankruptcy. If not for her, I wouldn’t have to work my off to pay for the debts my Dad owed. I would have become Mrs Yan, the official wife of their company’s CEO. My parents wouldn’t have to suffer…” I broke down and kneeled on the floor, covering my face.

“I know how you feel, but it has nothing to do with Guigui. She doesn’t even know about the engagement.”

“Losing Guigui will be Aaron’s biggest blow. I want him to know how it felt like losing something very important. With that, I could take advantage to enter his heart and replace her.”

“Eventually, you will be the one hurting most. He doesn’t like you and won’t in the future. He will only hate you for what you had done.”

----------

[Aaron POV]

She’s my ex-fiancée? The one I abandoned in Hong Kong to be with Guigui? Why didn’t I think of that when I first heard her name? I’m such a fool!

I noticed Hebe walking out of the toilet. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the back of our class.

“Hebe. I’m sorry.” I lowered my head.

“Just let me go.”

“I shouldn’t have just gone like that, but neither do I want to live in agony for the rest of my live. We have never met before, how can we engage?”

“That’s because there’s only Guigui in your heart. Now, can I go?” Hebe swung her arm and ran out of the class.

----------

[A/N] Saw the news stating Aaron's sick. Gosh, hope he gets well soon! :) Here's a picture where he's in the hospital. http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh445/esteean/normal_2814759175cacf93a977a49b.jpg

MaybalineElva/♥3lva: Hi, thanks for reading. :) Yeap, GuiLun rocks! Haha. I'll try not to be lazy. :)

wznaz: Yep, got back my results. Lucky I pass all my subjects. Haha. =x Maybe, maybe not?

jennieeLOVE & sweetbunn & Kodocha2007 & xiao wen: Thanks for commenting. :)

greenie: Welcome. Haha, should I? I'm at my last chapter of the fanfic. You will know by then. :)

Cupcake1000: Aaron and Guigui are the ones you love? They are, to me. :) Thanks.

love8: I help you restructure your question: "u cheated my feelings." That's what you mean right? I never! Haha, I'll try not to be lazy. :)

15 January 2009