The Start of a New Life (pt.2)

Through the Eyes of the Beholder

Jeon Jungkook, now nineteen years of age and a high school gradute, was moving into his new apartment complex. This year he would start college, a big move for someone his age, but he had worked all throughout his last two years of high school (having to stretch the truth a bit to get his job so early, but he managed) and throughout the spring. He managed to earn enough to put a down payment for an apartment complex and saved up on the rest in order to pay for traveling expenses and the like. 

His parents were so very proud, and happy to help, but Jungkook was an independent, young man, and told them that this was something he needed to do on his own. They'd already put up with him for nineteen years, why would they want to deal with more than that? He joked. But the answer he got was one that he was expecting. 

"I wouldn't mind you being here nineteen more, if you had to!" How mother exclaimed, "You're my baby. I would never want to be rid of you." 

He smiled and hugged her tight. Typical mom. 

With an emotional parting on both ends, Jungkook set off to his new life as a freshman in college.

He had decided early on in life that if he was to go to college, he'd want to stay close to home. Or, as close as he could get. But, with life being life, he had to go to university a few hours away from his home.

It wasn't all bad, though.

Being such a good student in school, Jungkook was able to get a scholarship in fine arts, which included photography, and no matter how bad he wanted to stay, he knew he wouldn't get a much better opportunity than that, so he took it.

That is how he ended up two-hundred-two miles away from home. A five hour drive.

Despite the long distance, Jungkook enjoyed the drive, often stopping at designated areas and taking pictures of this or that. It was when he stopped in the city that he was going to call home for the next few years that he noticed something that peaked his interest. Just not in the best way. 

His heart started to pound. This couldn't be right.

There was no way that could be right. 

Raising his camera, he looked through the lens to see... Nothing. There was no one there. 

'Strange... I could've sworn I seen...'  he shook his head. He didn't need to go back down that road again. No, never again. It had been months that he had resolved his problem of thinking of a certain person, and he had been happy! He got his life together and look where he was now. 

He was miles from home; there wasn't any chance of running back into him - he'd been gone for years! There was no reason to come back, especially just to harass Jungkook. He probably didn't even remember him. They were eleven and nine years old, for crying out loud.  

Sighing, he got back into his car and pulled away, on his way to his new apartment; all the while, trying to clear his head, once again. 

"There. That's the last of it!" He said aloud to himself, feeling accomplished. Jungkook had just moved the last bit of his things out of their box and into his new home. He looked around his room, still empty, besides the few house hold items he would need. He'd have to worry about furniture tomorrow, because today, he'd made plans to sightsee.

What else was he to do?

After taking a short nap and calling the respective places about his furniture, he got dressed and headed out into the world - camera in hand.

The streets were definitely busy for this time of day, which was only a little after six in the afternoon.

That's what you get for moving to the city...

He didn't mind all too much, though, as it did give him some great material to work with. Grabbing a map from a nearby stand, Jungkook made his way out into the city streets. He took pictures of busy highways, as he entered a bridge, and took some shots of people in their daily life.

It made him smile.

That was one of the reasons he liked photography so much. Seeing a photo, you could easily peek into someone else's life. He didn't mean it in a creeper way either. When he was younger, he would often sit out either in the yard, or on his porch, and just people watch. (Not having much to do, since technology wasn't too advanced back then.)

He'd see them in their cars, or just out and about, and often wonder where they were going - what they were doing. What was their life like? Were they happy?

It was small little questions that would set his mind into overdrive, making him more and more curious about that this world had to offer.

That was the beginning of his fate.

Growing up, he never really thought much about taking pictures for a living. How could that even be a profession? It seemed too easy. Take pictures, get money. Easy. But as his mind expanded, by age eight, he had already discovered that there was a lot more to it then that.

Photography was an art - a complex art. Anyone can take a simple picture, but did they follow the rule of thirds? Was what they capture going to be able to turn heads, or tell a story? How good did they capture patterns? Lighting? Angles?

There was a lot more that went into it than just a simple raise of the arm and quick snap. And he was up for the challenge.

He ranted and raved to his parents all day long about what areas would make for the greatest photos, wherever they went. Whether it was a grocery store, the playground, the backyard or even in the car, he would always have something to say. He would often quiz them, as well, so much so that the following year they got him a camera for his ninth birthday.

He'd already had his camera for a few months when he decided to go out for scenery shots - It was never too early to practice one's future profession - and with an okay with his mom, he made his way on down to the lake.

It was then that his life would never be the same, even more so since that was the day he met one Park Jimin.

...

It's going to be dark soon... he thought, I should get a picture to commemorate my first day out on the town. It'll be a good gift for my parents.

With that in mind, Jungkook started to search for someone who seemed like they could be able to take a good picture, and who was actually willing to. He asked a couple of girls, who were chatting as they walked past, and they agreed. They asked for his phone, but he pulled out his camera instead, only for them to apologize, saying how they didn't know how to use one and how they were pressed for time before walking away.

He tried a few more times, asking person after person, with a few complying, only for them to take a bad picture. He sighed, and was just about to give up when he could hear footsteps of a stranger approach him.

"Ah, excuse me." He said quietly, getting Jungkook's attention, "I happened to see you're misfourtune earlier, and was wanting to know if I could possibly help?"

Jungkook's intrest was peaked immediately. Not only was this man actually asking to help him, but he was rather handsome as well. He had his hair dyed in a very soft shade of pink, letting his hair fall into his face, while wearing a white, blue striped shirt, some knee length faded jeans and some green and white tennis shoes.

He didn't look half bad. In fact, he looked heavenly.

An angel who had a very high vocabulary. That was another things that caught Jungkook's attention.

I think I can trust this guy. I know I can trust him...

"Ah, yes! It would be a tremendous help if you could take a photograph of me, please? " He asked.

"Of course! I'll be more than happy to." The stranger chimed.

Jungkook couldn't help the wide smile that crossed his face. "Thank you, so much! Do you know how to use this type of camera?" He asked seriously, holding his camera out to the man. He still didn't like people holding his camera, but he figured he could supervise. He was still getting the feeling like he knew he could trust this person, this ... stranger...

It confused Jungkook to no end, but he decided to go with his gut. Especially hearing what the guy said next.

"A Nikon D80? Of course I do!" He smiled, but Jungkook could see a tint of sadness lingering, "My childhood friend had one of these - this exact model. He loved taking photos more than anything in the world, and was pretty good for his age." He shook his head. "Ah, but yes. I remember fiddling around with his camera. It was something I could never forget." Besides him. He added mentally.

Jungkook smiled. "That's splendid! Your friend doesn't sound half bad, either." He joked casually, making the other chuckle. "So, would you mind taking my photo over here in front of the bridge? I'd like that to be part of the backdrop."

"Yeah, I'll do my best." Jungkook nodded, and went to sit on a nearby rock wall, separating the people from the water. He turned sideways at the guys request, and smiled. With a coulple clicks, the photography session was done. The guy grinned and handed the camera back.

"I hope you like it. It's been a while since I've taken a photo." He rubbed his back, but Jungkook just waved him off. "I'm sure it'll be great. Thank you, so much, again!" He called out as the guy just smiled, his eyes turning into crescents as he turned and walked away with a wave.

Jungkook was left standing, staring after him.

...

July 9, 2016

Journal,

Today I met a man; a very nice, handsome, well educated man. He had light pink hair, and looked of an angel - an angel with such a wonderful, colorful vocabulary when he spoke. He had the softest of features, eyes small but deep in color, and a laugh that could warm the coldest of hearts!

I know I may be exaggerating a bit, but this male was just something special. I could feel it deep within my very soul. I do not know why, but when talking to this man, I felt like I was not talking to that of a stranger, but of someone who've I've known since birth.

Wild, I know.

I just wish I had gotten his name.

Nevertheless, there was just something about him that... struck me as odd. He was overly familiar, as if I've seen him before.

I'm not sure if it was his voice, or his eye smile, but..

Something reminded me of Jimin.

...