What is beauty?

Through the Eyes of the Beholder

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

June 15, 2006

'My eyes were blessed that day.'

He wrote,

'The day I set my sights on a older, striking fellow down by the lake. His dark eyes were focused, yet filled with so much wonder ... it was captivating, even with the simplicity of the moment.'

' I didn't speak, as I did not want to ruin the sight before me.'

He clicked his tongue in annoyance,

'Alas, twas not long before his gaze met mine, and he approached me.'

'"Hello," he said, "My name is Park Jimin. What's your name?"'

'I was hesitant to answer, at first, and yet, I couldn't help my compulsion to do just that at the sight of his bright smile.'

'"Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook." I replied, putting my hand out.'

He began to giggle as he wrote this next line,

'The scruffy young fellow looked quizzically at my hand, as if he had never done a simple handshake before.'

'I had to take matters into my own hands, as I grabbed his hand and shook it once firmly. "It's a pleasure to make your aquantience, Park Jimin."'

'I was not really ready for what happened next. This boy had the nerve to laugh at me! He actually laughed at me! And if that wasn't enough, he then tells me:

'"You talk funny!" all the while giggling to his hearts content.'

'And yet... I could not bring myself to reprimand him. In fact, I laughed along as well. '

"Jungkook! Jungkook, dear, can you come here, please?"

'Ah, well it seems my mother is calling me. We shall continue this later. Until then.'

- Jungkook.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

June 15, 2006 continued

'Forgive my absence, earlier, I had some important means to tend to. Nevertheless, where was I?'

He scratched his head, pondering momentarily, before jumping slightly in realization.

'Ah, yes.'

He wrote,

'We were both siting there laughing for minutes on end. It was the most I've laughed in a while...'

He smiled a small smile that was laced with a tint of sadness.

The boy - Jimin - then grabbed at my hand, and I recoiled from sheer instinct and surprise at the sudden movement. 

'"What do you think you're doing?!"' I asked.

He pulled his hand away, slowly.'"I'm sorry. I guess I should've asked first..."' he replied. "I saw your camera and I wanted to take a closer look at it.'" 

Jungkook's eyes darted to his camera, as if in memory of what had transpired that day.

'"Ah, I see..."'

'I do not know what compelled me to do so, but I handed my camera to him... And you know I do not let ANYONE touch my camera, for they tend to not have he same tenderness that I do when it comes to such important things.'

'But to my surprise, Jimin was very careful. He grasped my camera with gentle hands, and the most tender touch, while his curious eyes lit up with fasination as if this was the first he had ever seen of it's kind.' 

'I continued to watch on as his delicate hands fiddled with this or that, and I couldn't help but wonder why I had never seen him around before. Having frequented the popular parks and landscapes myself, I never really seen any other kids around my age; just friendly neighbors with their infant children. My mother always told me that this place was always seeing people coming and going; no one ever really stayed long due to it being more of a vacation spot, but it still surprises me that no one here really has kids around my age, out and about. 

'"Pardon me, Jimin, but may I ask what you are doing out here? "' 

'Listening to myself speak, I quickly realized that what I had just spoken sounded out of hand, and I quickly corrected myself. ' 

"Ah! I mean, I've never really seen any other kids out here before, especially near my own age. Therefore, I was wondering what brought you out here today?'" 

'The way I worded myself didn't really seem to phase Jimin in the least, if his continuous bright smile was anything to go by. He merely chuckled and pointed to a nearby bench.' 

'Taking the initiative, he began to walk over and I quickly followed behind him. As we sat down, he placed his hands in his lap, and laced his fingers together.' He had one of the most serious faces that I've ever seen.' 

'"Jungkook, I really don't know why I'm telling a kid this, one that I've just met, too, but I feel as if I could trust you with my life."' 

Jungkook sighed audibly, pausing a moment before he continued to write. 

"'I really don't know why, but I  feel a certain ... attraction to you. Like there is something pulling me to trust you - which sounds weird, I know. I just... can't help but feel that way though." He told me.' 

'It did sound a bit strange, coming from someone I just met, although, I couldn't say that I disagreed with him; and that's exactly what I told him, too.' 

'"I do believe that this will come as a shock to you, but ... I have a similar feeling towards you, also."' 

Little did both boys know that, that little conversation was the start of something much, much more powerful than they could even imagine.

 ______________

A/N

Hi! Megajamlessjiminnie here, otherwise knowe as Jikookie10 on wattpad, and this is my first cross-posted story on this site. I uploaded it yesterday on wattpad, but wanted to reach a bigger audience. Therefore, please let me know what you think! Thank you~ ♡