vi. soojung

heart-slopes

When she wakes up with a buzzing head, terrible breath, and remnants of last night's drinking tirade still clinging in her clothes, Soojung decided then that no one will ever convince her to get drunk into oblivion. She doesn't even remember the reason for her drunken state.

Maybe Jinri will tell her.

She tries to fish for her phone underneath her pillow, where she usually keeps it, but frowns when she doesn't find it.

Begrudgingly, she rises and forces her eyes to open. It isn't very hard to adjust to the room's lighting, her room isn't very bright, curtains drawn.

"Good morning, lightweight." Her sister, a mug in hand and a smirk placed smugly on her lips, enters the room. Sooyeon stops at the foot of her bed. "Did you have a good sleep?"

Soojung would throw a pillow at her if it weren't for the fact that she had a splitting headache, so she settles to throw her form back to the comforts of her bed.

"You know you can't take alcohol well so why drink in the first place?"

Soojung groans.

"Yes, I agree too. You're an idiot, of course." Sooyeon places the mug on her bedside table. Soojung feels one side of her bed dip and Sooyeon's hand on her hair. "What happened?"

"I--" she croaks, making Sooyeon laugh. She reaches for the mug and drinks it half. "Don't know. We drank and I got drunk."

"Jongin brought you home."

Soojung does remember Jongin from last night. Asking to be pushed on the swing and acting like a child is embarrassing for her but there is also sleeping on Jongin's shoulder on the bus, which makes her smile but it is wiped off quickly when she notices Sooyeon's all-knowing look.

"He's a nice kid. Thank him."

"Where's my phone?"

Sooyeon fishes it out of her pocket. She hands it to her and hesitates. "Jinri called earlier. She was worried."

"Yes, I'll call her later."

"You should. You should also know..." Sooyeon opens but the next words don't come out. Soojung raises a brow at that. Sooyeon shakes her head and smiles. "That you stink and need a shower."

Soojung groans again and burrows more into her bed. She vows never to go near alcohol again.

 

a/n: this marks the end of the story, which i feel may confuse some people. the thing is there has already been an answer to most of your questions: is it going to be jinri or naeun? the answer is in the third chapter.

as you might have noticed, mentions of the whole jinri/taemin/naeun is scare to nonexistent in this chapter. just solely focusing on soojung and her world. it is what jongin says on his chapter, soojung doesn't know the truth nor will she ever. so it kind of revolves around that--that soojung only sees what is happening but doesn't delve or pry or realizes that it's not jinri who is hurting but she inflicted the pain to herself. something like that i dont know HAHA anyway, bye!