The Snow is Cold and Lonely

Foreordination

Tao’s POV


“I don’t want trouble either. Actually, I want you.” I closed my eyes tightly as he came closer to me. But instead of kissing me, he pulled me into his warm embrace. “Don’t worry. I won’t do anything that you don’t like.” And like that, he held me in his arms as we both fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to a lonely cold feeling. The warmth that had held me the night before was no longer there. I looked around my car to see if he was really gone. My eyes met his as he held his girlfriend’s hand. Both of them had bright smiles on their faces. Snow fell onto them leaving white dots all over their dark coats. I waited until they got in their car before getting out of my own. The cold snow that landed on my skin made me feel even lonelier than I was before. The house was quiet. Pouring myself a drink, I sat and thought. My mind was blank. I didn’t know what I was feeling. It wasn't sadness, but it wasn't loneliness either. It was just a hollow feeling. I reached to my neck only to feel that my necklace wasn’t there. I began to panic as I searched the house and my car. It was nowhere to be found. Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked to me laughing with Jongin and Kyungsoo following them, both couples smiling like idiots.

“Good morning Tao.” Baekhyun cheerfully said as he tried to give me a hug. I stiffened up. He looked up at me as a frown formed on his face. “Your necklace is missing."

 “What necklace?” Chanyeol asked as he stepped towards us.

“His necklace with a diamond ring; it’s really important to him. He got it from-“

“It’s in my car. Any ways, let’s get in the car. I’ll get you food on the way back to your houses. Chop chop, we have school.” I said as I pushed all of them out the door.


 Kai’s POV


I don’t know exactly what I was thinking yesterday night but all I knew right now is that I feel happy lying next to him, next to Kyungsoo sunbae-nim. I smiled at his sleeping face. I got up quietly and picked up my clothes that were lying in a messy line from the bed to the door. Holding my clothes in my arms, I walked to the restroom. I turned the water on before slipping into the shower. As I stood there in the shower, I heard rustling of the bed sheets before Kyungsoo walked through the restroom door. He came into the shower with me before giving me a back hug and a kiss on the neck.

“Morning,” He whispered into my ear. I chuckled. Nothing could ruin this moment. I was happy, he was happy, we were happy. He poured some shampoo on my head before he washed my hair for me. I leaned on his shoulder so it would fix the height difference. He kissed me on the forehead and held my face in his hands. I helped with his shampoo too before we both stepped out of the shower and put our clothes back on.

“I wonder if the others are awake yet.” I said as he held my hand as we walked out of our room. The house was a mess with alcohol bottles and clothes lying everywhere. We walked outside to the back yard before noticing a sleeping Baekhyun and Chanyeol spooning each other on a couch.

“Yah! Giant! Wake up!” Kyungsoo shouted into his ear. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun jerked awake to his yelling.

“Why? What time is it?” asked Chanyeol who was still half asleep. Baekhyun sat in his lap. Before I could answer, a smile grew on Baekhyun’s face as he got up and ran around the backyard.

“Snow! It’s snowing!” He ran around like a puppy as Chanyeol watched him with a smile.

“We should go wake up Tao. School starts soon.”


 Baekhyun’s POV
(Sorry for changing POV again so suddenly. I just wanted to show y’all what happen before they met up with Tao)


Something was off about Tao. Both the way he was acting and the fragrance on him felt off. The fragrance belonged to Kris. No one else at the party wears that brand but the real question was why Kris was with Tao. I didn’t want to think about it. Even though Tao excepted his ring, I don’t think he is stupid enough to sleep with the lying bastard.

“Is something wrong?” Chanyeol asked as he turned around and faced me from the front seat.

“It’s nothing.” I mumbled before looking out the window. I watched the snow fall the rest of the car ride home. I didn’t want to think about anything.

“Baek, we’re at your house.” I thanked him for the ride home before skipping across the yard to the door.

“Umma, I’m home!” There was no answer. She’s probably visiting Baekbeom hyung. Ever since my brother was hospitalized, my mom spent every day with my hyung. There could be a hurricane outside and she would still go. Then again, I would too. We don’t know if my brother would survive or even how many days he had left and so, we spent every second we could with him.

“I should visit him after class.” I said out loud as I tied my shoes after changing and eating a piece of bread. I took a step outside before turning around and kicking my shoes off. I ran towards the restroom. I spilled my guts out into the toilet before getting up and washing my face. It was probably just hangover nausea because that actually exists. I put my shoes back on and walked out the door. I sighed. It was cold outside but I still had to walk the 25 minute walk to school. My phone buzzed as I got a text from my mom.

‘You were out all night right? There’s some left overs in the fridge if you want them.’

I replied a short a simple answer before I started to jog to school. By the time I got there, the others were already sitting around under a tree.

“You’re here!” Chanyeol said as I nodded and I wiped my sweat on my sleeve. I wobbled before Chanyeol caught me with his arms. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m just a little nauseous.” He held my hand and helped me to the restroom. He said nothing as I threw up the little I ate before leaving this morning.

“Hey, Baek, you’re not pregnant are you?” He asked in a tone I never heard him speak with before.

“I don’t think so, why?”

“Nothing, it would just be better for both of us if you weren’t.” His eyes were cold as he told me that.

“But didn’t you say you wanted to have a family with me?” Something filled his eyes and he was quiet. I was starting to worry. “You weren’t lying, were you?”


 


Lyric of the Day:


Even if we break up,
     ​
even if it disappears tomorrow.

 

​Sweet Dreams - Hee Chul ft. Min Kyung Hoon

 

 

 

Yay, I'm finally back! Sorry, I didn't mean to take that long of a hiatus (I came back from Florida 2 weeks later) but I couldn't get back into my flow of writing. And then school started, I go to a charter school so I have time for literally nothing, I became very very busy. But now I'm back (after half a year). My chapter isn't as long as it would normally be but it's better than nothing. So until next time, byeeeeeeee.