Chapter 2

Saudade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment the door burst open, and the moment my eyes fell on the person in front of me, I swear I felt like my whole world stopped revolving. I felt like I was frozen still on the ground as every breathing second passed by. I was speechless, too overwhelmed by the train of nostalgic memories that ran inside my mind. The feeling of longing suddenly washed over me. It was just then, that I realized tears were already forming in the corners of my eyes, waiting for me to open up the gates so they can freely run down my cheeks.

 

"Stop gawking at me, dummy." Goes Soojung's way of ruining things.

 

She looked at me with those same cold, yet so beautiful black orbs, her pale skin making it more obvious. She ran her fingers through her wavy hair dyed in dark brown, which seemed to glister under the light of the sun. "What took you so long?" Her voice was as emotionless as before.

 

I pouted at her way of greeting me. "After so many years of not seeing each other, this is how you greet me?" I said in disbelief. Although I was pretty much expecting her to be like this if ever the heavens from up above decided to reunite us once again, still, I couldn't help but hope that she'd act different for a change. After all, she's my best friend ever since our kindergarten days. Isn't this the part where she's supposed to unmask all of her hidden emotions and breakdown crying in front of me, saying how much she misses her oh-so-beautiful best friend?

 

Soojung rolled her eyes at me, before turning to leave. "Grow up will you? We talk almost every day via social media sites." I heard her say, and I gaped at her retreating back with my jaw, if possible, almost touching the cold floor.

 

"I swear I'm going to kill that brat…" I mumbled in a deadly tone as I squinted my eyes towards the direction where the heartless monster trapped in a gorgeous nineteen year old girl's body just disappeared into. "She's idolizing her older sister way too much. God, one ice queen form the Jung family is enough."

 

"Who would've thought you two are best friends." Brian uttered before chuckling as he went inside the warm shelter. With a defeated sigh, I followed him in and let my eyes wander at my surroundings for a moment. Expensive furniture can be seen in every corner of the house, yet the place still looked simple nonetheless. A lighter shade of mahogany dominated the color of the walls, where several family portraits were plastered beautifully, letting people see a memory from the housemaster's past.

 

"By the way, everyone's inside the basement." Brian informed me as he settled my stuff down beside the shoe rack. I gave him a questioning look, wondering why they are all down there, and not up here where they're supposed to welcome me home with warm hugs and sweet kisses on the cheeks.

 

"They are planning to surprise you." Blonde boy said nonchalantly, answering the question I had in mind.

 

"If it’s a surprise then you shouldn't have told me, genius." I told him with an eye roll.

 

Brian merely shrugged his shoulders, before lifting one of his hands to ruffle my already disheveled hair, making it look a lot messier. I quickly swatted his hand away, all the while glaring ice daggers at him. Just because he saved me from almost fainting outside the train station doesn't mean he's allowed to do silly things to my beloved hair. "You seriously don't pass for a hair stylist. You big time." I said, informing him as I gave up attempting to even at least straighten my tangled vine-like hair.

 

"Even though I don't plan on being a hair stylist in the near future, I still think what you said pretty much offended me, and wounded my ego so badly to the point where it needs to be rushed to the hospital to aid it with such sweet flowery words, which honestly describes me." He relayed dramatically, putting one of his palm over his chest; in  way which you just want to punch the daylight out of him.

 

"You are so lame. I hope you're aware of that." I deadpanned, before sticking my tongue out in a teasing way.

 

"Real mature, Bae Suzy." Brian muttered with one sassy eye roll, before turning to walk away.

 

With his back facing me, I released one triumphant smile, and followed him as he led the way to the basement where he said everyone awaits my arrival.

 

Although I find it quite cliché how they decided to set the party down at the basement, I kind of understand why they did such action. Perhaps maybe because if they set it inside the dining room, it wouldn’t be much of a surprise since the moment you enter the house, you can directly see the room where normal people usually devour their food -although setting the party down at the basement isn't any different since Brian, who seemed to have a life time supply of stupidity, accidentally, told me about it beforehand.

 

"Alright, we're here." The annoying man breathing before me said as he stopped right in front of a short staircase that leads down to a wooden door.

 

He turned to face me, telling me to shush. "Keep it down low." He whispered in a little voice, all the while motioning me to follow him close behind.

 

I held back the urge to groan and beat the hell out of Brian. God, who would've known such gorgeous boy was an actual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter