Living In Grief

Junhwan OneShot Collection

Tears are streaming down his cheeks as he watches the small boy on his lap struggles to fight against death. The amount of blood that keeps flowing from the boy’s mouth as he coughed shatters Junhoe’s heart. He wished he was imagining things but the rusty smell of red liquid, his blood-coated hands, the wheezing of the petite boy’s breath are too real. One of his hand tried to supress the wound somewhere on the boy’s chest but the cut is too big even for his big hands resulting blood gushing out from the wound.

“… Ju- June-ah…” the small boy said as he coughed out blood.

“Shh hyung, don’t talk” Junhoe said between tears while putting his right index finger on the boy's lips. Jinhwan lifts his hand weakly towards the taller boy’s face, slowly caressing the taller's face. Junhoe held Jinhwan’s cold hand, placing it close to his face, radiating warmth from his cheeks. “…hyung”

“You know that … I love you, right?” Jinhwan said as he smiled weakly towards the younger. Junhoe just nods as tears flows more vigorously than before as he listens to the elder.

Jinhwan slowly close his eyes with the weak smile still stuck on his face. “I love you and I always will. You are forever in my heart Koo Junhoe” with that, his hand that was touching Junhoe’s cheeks fell limp in Junhoe’s hand. His breathing slowed down as he felt every ounce of energy leaving his body.

“Hyung? No,no! Don’t go yet, please…” trying to hold back his tears. Then, he heard the sound of sirens that he’s been waiting for. “Hyung, the ambulance’s here” tapping slowly on the small boy’s cheeks. “Wake up please hyung… stay with me”

The paramedics arrived and asked Junhoe to step aside. Junhoe stood up as the paramedics did their work. One of the paramedics checks Jinhwan’s pulse but his face doesn’t look happy. I mean who could look happy in this kind of situation?

“Sir, what’s wrong?” Junhoe couldn’t help but ask the question when the paramedics shook their heads. Junhoe was hoping for hope, hoping for a miracle, he thought once the paramedics are here, Jinhwan could be saved. It would be a lie if there's no slight of hope in his eyes when the paramedics do their work but their actions somehow shatters his dream. Their dream.

“What’s your relationship with the victim?” a female paramedic asked him.

“He’s…” Junhoe hesitates for a while “my boyfriend” the paramedic turns to look at her subordinates to receive a nod from them. With a sad look, she put one hand on Junhoe’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry, he… passed away” the last words rings in Junhoe’s ears. The once calmed tears flowed back down his cheeks. “No" yet he knew. He knew that his boyfriend had already gone in his arms. He knew it when he couldn't hear the wheezing sound as Jinhwan tried to take his breath and the beating on the boy's chest, where his hand was there, suppressing the blood that keeps coming out when the boy was still on his lap. But he was hoping, hoping that his assumptions are wrong but it's clearly true.

He walked passed the female paramedic and stood in front of the now confirmed deceased body before falling on his knees. He draped his arms around the body before hugging it tightly. There’s no need to scream, cry for his name, curse to God who had taken him away because it had already happened. Jinhwan had left him, it’s a fact that he couldn’t change.

He continues to hug the cold body, crying his tears out, kissing the light brown hair, smelling the scent of shampoo mixed with blood. His fingers caress the pale face that is still smiling like he had never died a painful death and it breaks Junhoe inside. 

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry” he keeps repeating the words over and over again with tears that doesn't want to stop. “I-I love you too” he said before leaving his last kiss on Jinhwan's forehead, laying him on the ground and let the paramedics take over and he would just stood there, watching them covering Jinhwan's body until he's completely invisible from Junhoe's stare.

~*~

Junhoe stares at the photo in his hand. A picture of two boys, laughing while eating ice cream with the taller boy’s hand ruffling the shorter boy’s hair. He smiled at the picture and he could feel his heart in pain. It’s been 3 months since the accident and he still can’t get over it. Who could? Even now, he was sitting at their favourite café, the café where they had their very first date.

Junhoe’s stared deep into the picture that he doesn’t realised the cake that was placed in front of him. A fake cough was heard and Junhoe quickly turn his head to meet a familiar bunny face.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your flashback, but dude, you really need to move on” the bunny boy said as he sat in front of him. He’s Kim Jiwon, one of Jinhwan’s best friends. He was working at the café as a waiter while his boyfriend, Kim Hanbin which is also Jinhwan’s best friend, works as a barista. 

The tall boy could only smile before averting his vision towards the cake, strawberry vanilla, he’s favourite. He chuckled for a while before his lips turning into a sad smile. He remembers how Jinhwan would squeal and jump if someone mentioned his favourite cake. He takes his fork and plays with the strawberry on the top of the cake, while his mind is full of the cute little light brown hair boy. He remembered how Jinhwan would eat the cake slowly, saying that he needs to appreciate every bite of the cake. He also remembered how the smaller boy would feed him some of the strawberries and he would smile stupidly, grateful for having a boyfriend like him. He was never fond of strawberries but it changed after he met a certain Kim Jinhwan, the boy who shines brighter than the sun itself.

“Hey Junhoe, I know it’s hard for you but don’t torture yourself” Jiwon said before leaving the table to continue with his work. He felt bad towards the younger boy. Junhoe had been visiting the café too often since the incident 3 months ago and he would be sitting at that very same spot, the spot that used to be occupied by a couple with a cute height difference. He sighs as he stood by the counter, eyes still looking at Junhoe who is still playing with his food, smiling like a crazy person. He can't blame him for being like that.

“He still can’t move on, can he?” Hanbin suddenly said as he stood next to Jiwon.

“Yeah, if I was in his shoes, I don’t think I can either, even though I asked him to move on” Jiwon chuckled at his own statement.

“Remember their first date?” Hanbin asked to break the moment of silence.

“Of course, I remember how Jinhwan asked us to be his slaves and we end up making fun of them” both of them started laughing but slowly it slowed down, fading away.

“I miss that kid” Hanbin looks at Jiwon’s eyes with a sad smile as he interwined his fingers with his boyfriend.

“Yeah, me too” they continued to look at Junhoe who finally started to eat the cake. When he finished eating, he said his goodbyes to Jiwon and Hanbin before leaving the café. Jiwon walked towards the empty table and smiled. Everytime Junhoe came to the cafe, he would order the same cake,and he would only eat a half of it, leaving the other half for someone that he misses dearly. No one can love Kim Jinhwan as much as Koo Junhoe, Jiwon thought as he lift the plate and put it on the counter, thinking either he should throw or eat it.


Okay this is the first one shot and I know its a bit sad. 

I was watching a horror movie and somehow I thought of this (and thank goodness it doesn't turn out to be a horror fic)

But I feel sad for killing people again and this time its Jinhwan! MY BABY JINANIE!!! My one shots are full of deaths! I'm so terrible! I feel bad *sigh loudly*

And I was supposed to be studying!!! OMG, IM SO GONNA FAIL MY FINALS! *another loud sigh*

Have a good day people! XD

-akirazinan