Two-Timer (part 3)

Two-Timer

Few hours later, back to the boarding house, Fernando fixed and ironed his clothes inside on the bedroom after long hours of classes. Normally, students experienced this kind of situation anyway. While ironing and fixing his clothes, he was busy taking a conversation together with his boyfriend.

“Felipe, I planned something for the two of us.” said Fernando.

“Really? What’s your plan? I mean, for us?” asked Felipe.

“I’m planning that, we’ll have a date after school or having a free time. Just the two of us.” planned Fernando.

“Sure. I would definitely agree.”

“…and then, I’ll find a house for our new shelter once we’re graduated.  And find a job.” asked Fernando to his boyfriend.

“Shelter? For our new home?” said Felipe.

“Yes, beasty baby.”

“Okay, big baby bear. But for now, we do not have money to purchase for our new home.” 

“Right now, we’re still studying in school but not today. I already said to you that once we get graduated and find a job, let’s start earning money and find our new home.”

“Okay, I get it. Then--”

Felipe’s cellphone received a text message. The brand of his phone was Huawei and the color is black hanged with a cute dog keychain. He took it and he opened the message. The screen showed as he read the SMS message. He noticed that, the SMS message is from Ping.

“WE’LL MEET THIS SUNDAY AFTERNOON. NO, NO BUT M-MONDAY AFTERNOON FOR OUR DATE. AFTER OUR CLASS. ARE YOU AVAILABLE?”

Felipe replied the message that he’s available and he’s trying to ask permission to Fernando. However, Fernando asked him in a notable manner looking at his boyfriend texting.

“Who are you texting for?” he asked.

“It’s Ping.” Felipe answered.

“That guy again?”

“Yeah. Ping is texted me already. Then, he’s just sent me a message about the date that he planned. Can you allow me to go with him?”

“No. I won’t allow you to come with him.” said Fernando directly.

“Why?”

“I would allow you on your date if I’m going with you.”

“But—“

“I have no choice, Felipe. I’m going with you on Ping’s date. No matter what that ‘big-muscle ’ guy would angry at me…who cares? It’s my responsibility to be with you always. I’m just giving him a big punch on his awkward face!”

“Fernando—“

“Felipe! Text him right now! Text him right now so that we’ll have our bonding together. For a change! Come on, do it!”

Felipe sighed in a disappointment but had no choice to disagree. He accepted his boyfriend’s decision. Then, he texted Ping again that he and Fernando will come on their date. Few seconds later, Fernando’s cellphone rang.

“Excuse me—“

Fernando accepted the call on his phone.

“Hello?” called Fernando.

He talked with his classmate and also his co-teammate named Teddy. These two boys conversed together through mobile conversation. Teddy explained to him about the reschedule of their basketball practice. And this is what the conversation continued.

“When is our new practice schedule for the game? I mean our game. I haven’t heard it clearly from our team captain.” asked Fernando.

“Our team captain told us that supposedly, the basketball game will be scheduled Saturday for the first interschool basketball competition.

“Okay, in school?”

“Yes, dude. The venue of the game will be held in gymnasium. So, I and our groupmates will practice our game tomorrow evening after every class.”

“After our classes? Are you sure?”

“Yeah. The competition is on Saturday.”

“Thanks for the information, bro. See you tomorrow evening.”

“Bye, bro.”   

A few seconds later, Fernando ended the conversation as he touched the end call button on his phone. He placed his phone on the cabinet and he continued ironing his clothes. Felipe asked him who the person is talking to him. Fernando answered that it was Teddy and they talked about their practice for the incoming competition.

“I’m sure that you’ll be there to support me!” said Fernando.

“When’s the game according to your teammate?” asked Felipe.

“Saturday. You’ll be there to give support for me and them. Besides from that, the pride of our school will be as big but we’ll remain simple as others.”

“Wow! I’m pretty sure that our school will win just because your team is the best! Best among the rest! I hope that you can do it!”

“Yeah, yeah! Thank you very much. You’re the best boyfriend who always support me and to the relationship. I love you, big baby bear.” said Fernando.

“I love you very much, beasty baby!” replied Felipe in a silly manner.

Meanwhile, Ping received back the message that he texted in. He read the recent SMS message from Felipe. While reading the message, he got surprised terribly because Fernando will be going on their date. He couldn’t believe that he himself would expect an interruption on his planned date.

“Why Fernando tried to interrupt my Felipe? I won’t agree with it…but it’s okay for me…that he will be going with us…as long as Felipe will be mine and not him.” he thought himself.

The next evening, Fernando and his groupmates practiced playing their game outside of the boarding house. Felipe is always watching every evening practice of his boyfriend’s sport. When Fernando gets fatigued, he drank bottled water. Felipe wiped his boyfriend’s sweat using his own face towel. After the practice, Fernando’s teammates asked Felipe to join their practice for fun. At first, he doesn’t want to join in the team; because playing basketball is just his recreational activity.

Fernando suggested him that he will join with him on their team. Felipe agreed with Fernando and his team because he can play basketball at the same time. Moreover, after the game, one of his boyfriend’s teammate commented after the game. He said that his basketball moves were clean added with professionalism. Felipe couldn’t expect that he could play basketball in an unexpected way.

 The following week, the interschool basketball competition was begun. The competition happened in school gymnasium for the first time. Instead of being a team supporter, Felipe was chosen by the team coach as the new player in the hardcourt. Some students couldn’t expect that Felipe would become a basketball player in such thing that he doesn’t really play basketball. For them, they would support him no matter what.

In the outdoor gymnasium, Ping came in and found a seat. He was sitting on the bleachers and looking at the hard court’s milieu. He expected that Felipe will be sitting beside him. The players and teams from different schools came to the hard court. When the game started, the first team was from Avanza High School will fought against the San Sebastian National High School; the alma mater of Fernando and Felipe. The scenario of the game was thrilling and very exciting, as the teams played the game so well. Ping watched Felipe’s moves on the court until he got stunned. He stunned because he couldn’t believe that Felipe becomes a basketball player.

“F-Felipe? Is that you? Basketball player?” he said himself as his eyes began to surprise in coincidence.

Back to the game, the first team became fierce on their strategic skills. It seems like they wanted to win the game. A basketball player threw the ball on his teammate, unfortunately Fernando received the ball and he ran faster to the court and he shot it successfully. Then, Felipe helped his teammates in taking a defense. In a few minutes, Fernando’s turn was finished as he throws the ball to Felipe. Felipe ran faster to the court while dribbling the ball and he succeeded shooting it.

In their scores on the bulletin board, Fernando’s team had higher score than the other team. Fortunately, in their recent games, they got a few fouls. There would be a possibility that they will never win and be disqualified for the future games, and also for the final showdown. The two teams’ game became fiercer and unpredictable to guess because they used their energy to win the game. Few hours passed, the night passed in. And Fernando’s team won in the end.

The whole campus cheered very loud and others cried of joy, because this is the first time to achieve their first reward. Ping clapped his hands and he felt very happy. The competition ended in a friendly sportsmanship. After the game, Fernando and Felipe hugged with each other. They hugged madly and comfortably.

“Yes, we made it!” said Fernando in a shout.

“Precisely, baby! I knew that…this is the first time to achieve this kind of victory.” answered Felipe.

“Because of you, our team became as the best.”

“By hard work, perseverance and determination. These things are the keys of our success. Our unexpected success.”

“besides from that, you’re our lucky charm and …”

“And what? Having a body surprise or yummy in bed? Again?! Nah!”

“Ha-ha. It’s not like that. You’re becoming too nasty to think about it. What I mean is…you’re already part of my team and the role model…in my heart.”

“Really? Do share.”

“I won’t share it. Just bring this victory not just…for the two of us. But for our school.”  said Fernando.

They laughed with each other as they hugged continuously. Until their team mates interrupted them.

“Hey! Hey! Hey! What are you guys doing?” asked Yuri, one of the teammates.

“N-Nah! We’re just making happy to the two of us…by hugging ourselves to feel our love and romance together.”  answered Fernando.

“Oh man! You two were very sweet each other. So, can we have a group hug, guys?” asked Teddy to the two men.

“Sure, guys. Let’s group hug together. It’s part of our victory and sportsmanship!” said Fernando.

A few minutes later, Felipe, Fernando and his teammates had a group hug together. Then, they shake their hands. Ping went downstairs slowly on the bleachers and trying to approach Felipe. The milieu of the gymnasium was humid and crowd but Ping felt comfortable to him. As he approached Felipe, he was suspected by Fernando and ready to listen of what he would like to say.

“Felipe—“ called Ping to Felipe.

“Hey, bro! What’s up! I knew that you’re calling to my boyfriend. So, I’m free to be with him on his side” asked Fernando to him.

“Um…okay. I’m fine, bro. And then…congratulations to your team.”  said Ping.

“Thank you.” said Fernando as he embraced his boyfriend in the right shoulder.

“It’s a…um…wonderful game.” he added.

Ping looked at Fernando’s arm on Felipe’s shoulder. Then, he felt himself jealous and irritated. Wait! He’s too jealous between Fernando and Felipe. But Ping would never stop competing against Fernando and he would take his attention to Felipe’s heart. Felipe felt speechless himself. And he gladly responded to Ping’s conversation.

“Yes, Ping. You’re here unexpectedly. Then, thank you very much for watching this game.” said Felipe.

“You’re welcome.” said Felipe.

“No problem.” said Fernando in a manic tone.

“Felipe.” said Ping.

“Yes?” asked Felipe to Ping.

“I couldn’t believe that…you’re good in playing basketball. Then, you’ll become a basketball player? Wow! Level up, huh!”

“Hahaha.” said Felipe in a sense of humor.

“Yeah! That’s my boy! Although he doesn’t want to be a basketball player for our team, according to him, he can play basketball because he told me that; playing basketball is his recreational activity. But now, he’s an officially part of my team.”

“Hmm! I get it! Well, don’t forget to what I’ve planned.” said Ping.

“Fernando will going to our date. Can’t you agree with him?” answered Felipe.

“Sure, no problem. We’ll go there after class on Monday. At the amusement park where always open anytime.” said Ping.

“Okay! We got it!” said Felipe.

“Me too. I’m going with you as what I’ve told him last time.” added Fernando.