Third

사랑하고 미워 - love and hate

 


 

“Would you shut up?”

 

Yoongi was shouting from the living room of the dorm. Jimin rolled his eyes and walked down the hall to where the grumpy hyung was lying on the couch, his hands spread over his face. Smirking, Jimin launched himself onto the couch, wrapping thick-muscled arms and legs around his smaller friend’s torso.

 

“Ah, come on Yoongi-hyung, you know you like to hear my voice,” Jimin said with a grin, smushing his soft cheek against Yoongi’s sharp jaw.

 

“No I don’t!” the elder insisted, squirming. “The only thing I would love is to get some rest. You maknaes are always screaming and squealing over nothing.” Yet he stopped resisting, grumbling as Jimin continued his awkwardly-positioned hug. Finally Jimin rolled off, leaving his brother to sleep in peace.

 

As Jimin went back down the hall to the room he shared with his two closest friends, the bathroom door opened. Jungkook was getting out of the shower, a towel knotted around his waist and another slung around his neck. “Ah, sorry hyung.” the youngest yawned, his still-damp hair hanging in his eyes. Jimin glanced down, and then up, and then down again, his eyes catching each droplet of water as they combed across the young man’s figure.

 

“Aish, Jiminie, you creep me out when you don’t say anything!” Jungkook continues in a whine. “Boys don’t stare at each other, don’t be weird.” The ignorance of his statement snapped Jimin out of his thoughts. “I was just messing with you,” he said quickly, a hand flashing out to shove Jungkook’s shoulder. “See? You fell for it.”

 

He continued down the hallway, wanting to tear down every curtain in the dorms.

 

Maybe, he thought. If I tear down the curtains, I’ll finally figure out just what we’re all hiding. But then again, he also knew that he was the one with the biggest-kept secret of all.