That Man

All I Ask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

“Hey…” Jongin’s deep voice reverberated through Seol Ah’s phone speaker. Seol Ah was still half awake. He called so early in the morning that it was still dark outside and Seol Ah thought that when her phone rang it was her alarm and she rolled over to click snooze. Turns out it was Jongin calling her.

Seol Ah groaned in respond earning a chuckle from Jongin.

“Hey, listen. Are you free tonight?” Jongin asked softly. After the kiss last week, Seol Ah stayed over his place and they both cuddled to sleep on his small bed. They shared a lot more kisses the next morning sometimes initiated by himself sometimes it was Seol Ah kissing him first. His heart gave an excited leap when he thought of the moment. He actually wanted to show Seol Ah that they took off his cast that night and ended up starting a complicated relationship with his best friend.

Seol Ah forced herself awake to actually check the time: 3AM. Great, she’s never going to fall back to sleep now. “What did you say?” Seol Ah asked back. She couldn’t really listen to Jongin. Jongin laughed and she could actually hear his real laugh through the thin walls of her room. Jongin laughed nonchalantly but actually he felt really giddy hearing Seol Ah’s husky voice. He heard it a lot but he still found it to be so y.

“Free? Later tonight?” He said simply, sure that Seol Ah would get him.

Seol Ah thought for awhile before she answered “Yeah, why?”

“Soori can’t come to this party later, I’m asking you to go with me” Jongin softly whispered. It was apparent that he was smiling even if Seol Ah couldn’t see him. Her lips tugged into a smile but her insides were boiling in guilt. Soori. Seol Ah forgot that Jongin still had a girlfriend and his girlfriend was her friend. Although she only knew her after she became Jongin’s girlfriend she can’t help but feel cruel.

But this was Jongin we’re talking about. Seol Ah couldn’t possibly ignore his invitations and he should know that. Besides, college parties by Jongin’s crowd usually ends up with everyone drinking too much. Maybe Seol Ah can distract her mind from Jongin at the party. “Yeah, I’ll go. Why are you asking me at 3 anyways? Can’t you wait till morning, Kamja?”

“I couldn’t sleep. I was thinking about you the whole time, so I decided. Hey, let’s get Seol Ah awake too” Seol Ah buried her face onto her pillow and screamed in frustration. “Can I come over?”

“NO!” She screamed to her phone and hung up. Seol Ah closed her eyes in hope of falling back asleep but she could hear the clock tick every second. She let out a sigh of surrender before she picked up her phone and redialed Jongin’s number. “Okay, you can” She breathed out in a whisper. She doesn’t get it, why can’t she just say no to him?

Not a moment after she said he could come over her room code was keyed in, much to her surprise. Jongin’s tired but smiling face strode into the room and sat at the edge of her bed. His eyes were glued to her as she pretended to ignore his presence and shutting her eyes tight. Seol Ah then felt him lying down on her legs and she slowly opened her eyes to gaze at him.

Jongin looked really peaceful with his eyes closed, a smile still gracing his beautiful face. Seol Ah was feeling conflicted. She knew what they’re currently doing is unfair to Soori but all this romantic tension has been honestly going on for a while between her and Jongin. Seol Ah was confused, why are they acting on impulse now? Does Jongin not like Soori? They’ve been together for so long.

“Do you like my face that much?” Jongin asked with a wide smile on his face but his eyes were still peacefully closed.

Seol Ah groaned in a faux annoyed manner making him open his eyes to look at her. Both of them smiled at each other for a long while, not saying anything to each other. Seol Ah cleared out before carefully saying what has been worrying her. “Jongin… We can’t do this”

Jongin looked away with a thoughtful look on his face. “Why not?”

“Soori, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter