fly away

fly away

He lurks in the darkness, his dark robe covering his figure which aids him in continuing his work without any disturbance. A scythe in his right hand, making his way to unsuspecting humans, animals, anything or anyone who is running away from him. They ever make it far, nobody cheats on him for long.

 

People call him all sorts of names, the Grim Reaper, the Dark Angel, the Fourth Horsemen, but he goes by Yonghwa to those who works with him. He does not require a name, it does not matter who he really is because the living only cares about him when it is their time to perish.

Every living thing has a timer which could only be seen by superior beings’ eyes, it hovers above them in countdown mode and holds their name underneath. They could not see them unless they choose to; often having to endure hearing deafening screams from the living.

Yonghwa would rather go through the nine circles of hell again just so he could give up his position and revoke his reputation as ‘employee of the century’. He does not remember why he ended up in hell anyways, clearly he had not been the best person in the world, however, how did he lived his live? Did he lived it in vain?

 

He goes to his next pick-up when it strikes midnight, a rather common situation no soon-to-be mother would ever want to be. He approaches the surgeon working on her, the nurses reporting every drop of pulse the woman had. Lower, and lower, hasty breathing, soon, her suffering would end soon.

He picks up the clipboard hanging at the end of her bed, scrawly handwriting marking the dangers of her going through this operation and apparently, Seo Joohyun, did not hesitate to sign the papers and telling them to carry on with the operation, even if it means taking away her own life, because she so badly needs to give birth to this child.

A silhouette of a butterfly enters the room, he raises his head in confusion, watching it land on Joohyun’s husband kneeling down with his hands clasped together. He almosts expects an angel to arrive and begging him to prolong her death, for the child’s sake. He does not know why he chose to do it, but he still did.

00:11 + 30:30

He almost forgets he is invisible when she looks right over at him, murmuring incoherent words as the nurse raising her voice because Joohyun is breathing properly, her pulse is consistent and she would survive, the child would too.

Rapid tears falling down her cheeks, grabbing onto her dear life, until she hears the familiar cry of a baby. Her husband bursts through the door when they announced the birth of their child, she is still crying, he kisses her, holding them in his arms, wanting to let her hold their newborn son, but she is still.

“Joohyun?” He cries out, their child soon taken away from him, ushering him out of the operation once again.

However, there is no use, because she is standing beside him, the all-scary Angel of Death with the same butterfly hovering over her body. Yonghwa looks at her, telling her to follow him to the other side.

“Am I going to hell?”

He does not know, it is not up to him, but he shakes his head without a word.

a/n: i did this in ten minutes pls forgive me