Tea and Kisses

Tea and Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This was the worst day ever. 

And if you’re someone like Chanyeol, someone b with all the positivity and optimism in the world, someone capable of seeing the brighter side in even the unlikeliest, darkest of places then you'd know that this was definitely no joke. Chanyeol grunted as he struggled to keep his head up - his head which now weighed like two bowling balls - two bowling balls that constantly bumped into each other giving him major headaches. But he was going to stay up. This was the least he could do for having cancelled his and Yifan's planned date for their wedding anniversary.

Chanyeol frowned, stuffing his nose with another handful of tissue as snot and other unmentionables left having already clogged his nostrils to the hilt. This wasn't how they were supposed to spend their anniversary together. They were supposed to be outside, where it was slightly chilly but relatively sunny, underneath springtime trees with hands held together having brunch somewhere French-y or Italian (whichever Yifan saw first as Chanyeol pretty much ate whatever was presented to him), then they'd stroll to a park where they'd lay out their outdoor blanket (a gift from Baekhyun with a few innuendos and suggestive winks to the couple here and there), have a warm conversation while admiring the baby blue skies. Then they'd have a light snack, play a bit at the fountain-slash-arena-sized-sprinkler Yifan often admonished because it'd mess his impeccable hair (but he'd wind up playing anyway because Chanyeol), then when the sky darkens and night comes into view, they'd walk back home, hands at each other's waists which would then move to other more intimate places as they reach their door and they'd make love because it's their anniversary and it's all about making some good, oh-god-that-felt-great memories.

But no. Not today.

Because even when spring finally came into view, Chanyeol's body decided that nope, no romantic stroll in the park for you mister - how about a 38 degree fever and a viral cold instead? Chanyeol didn't even know where this virus sprouted from. He's pretty sure their loft was as clean and sterile as a laboratory because his husband was good at keeping things in order (thank god for that).

Chanyeol threw his head back as his bowling-ball-pair-heavy head rocked. Nothing seemed to be making him any better, especially when he now remembered what happened earlier in the morning. Yifan was the first to wake up and was about to head in the bathroom after pecking Chanyeol with soft kisses all over (as if they wouldn't be doing that later on in the evening) when he realized the unnaturally high temperature of his lover.

"Cànliè?" Yifan affectionately purred his Chinese name by his ear. "What's wrong?"

Chanyeol was barely awake but he also realized that he had barely slept. He noticed since last night that his body was not all right, but he discarded it as butterflies for their anniversary date. After all, Yifan had that effect on him. But this wasn't right and he knew Yifan thought so as well. He turned his head, eyes scanning for his lover and then he realized just how blurry his vision was.

"Yi...fan..." He groaned, feeling dead to the world.

Yifan frowned, concern etched on his face as he hovered over him, noticing the flushed face, heavy panting and sweaty skin and although it was a sight to behold, he knew Chanyeol was far from . He placed a hand on his forehead and winced. "You've a fever. Wait, let's check your temperature." He said, rolling off the bed in a jiff. It was then, when Chanyeol heard the word 'fever' that he panicked.

"No - I-I'm fine." He said, not wanting to ruin their planned affair. They had been talking about it nonstop and like hell was he going to give up on it just because of some flimsy cold. He's dealt with worse colds before - or so he thought. He was about to argue further but a sudden rush of air as he inhaled sent him gasping and coughing. Yifan was by his side in an instant.

"Hey, don't get up so suddenly like that." Yifan's voice was soft but firm. "I'm getting the thermometer and I'm going to call Suho. I think he'd know what to do." He said, cellphone already in his hand. Chanyeol gave him a weak look, half of it meant as an apology and half of it meant as a weak attempt at saving their date. Yifan understood both instantly - of course, what part of Chanyeol did he not understand? "It's okay, babe. There's always next year." He said, pecking another soft kiss onto his damp forehead before leaving the room for the medical kit.

After that, Yifan got instructions from Suho and he left the house to shop for stuff and Chanyeol knew that Yifan would buy the whole drug store if he had to - all for Chanyeol's sake. But for now, it'd be Chanyeol's medications, ice packs, tea bags, maybe some cough drops and a hot water bottle?

Chanyeol was in a daze, guessing what Yifan had bought (or bargained?) for him when he heard the door to their loft open and close. Chanyeol perked up, even by a little inch as he waited for his husband's entrance and just like that, Yifan was in the room, bags in hand and ing his blazer with the other. Chanyeol internally blessed everything in the heavens for giving him such a good-looking, good-natured husband.

"Sorry that I took a while." Yifan smiled apologetically as he closed their bedroom door. The next thing he did then was kiss Chanyeol's cheek, sending a faint blush across his cheeks. "The lady beside me at the grocery store wouldn't let go of the watermelon set she had plucked from god-knows-where even when she didn't have enough cash to pay it all."

Chanyeol tried a laugh, because he could just imagine the scene in his head, but as soon as he opened his mouth a string of coughs and grunts escaped him. Yifan rubbed his back in soothing circles. Chanyeol gave a weak smile. "... Sorry."

"Don't be." Yifan smiled, his hand still on Chanyeol's back.

"So," Chanyeol eyed the bags in Yifan's hand, trying to change the subject. He didn't want to look so weak and fragile that a mere cold could render him useless (although that's exactly what was happening to him right now). "Did you buy a whole aisle for me or what? We're not going to be flushed in debt are we?"

Yifan smirked and Chanyeol liked it when he smirked. It had a '-don't-mess-with-me' feel to it that made all guys and girls who had attempted to hit on Chanyeol run for the hills. "What, did you want me to? It's not that hard to do, you know. And don't worry about debts, Cànliè, you know that'd never happen with me." He smoothly pulled one round of tissue from the box and pinched Chanyeol's nose with it, ignoring Chanyeol's epic eye-roll. "But seriously, I just wanted to be prepared for whatever and I wanted to make sure you're comfortable."

Chanyeol blushed like a princess but he groaned in response. "Hyung, you know you didn't have to--"

"Oh, but I wanted to." Yifan wiggled his brows with that smirk of his, which, if not for his godforsaken fever and cold, could've gotten Chanyeol hard by now. He straightened himself and added. "I've got some tea packs here, mostly herbal because the other ones were just shady and screamed quack doctor to me." Chanyeol stifled a laugh, not wanting to cough again. "I've got chamomile with some licorice root, peppermint with orange peel, hibiscus with honeydew lemon and lemongrass with some citrus. The lady at the store told me the lemongrass would work - has some feel-good elements to it but if there's anything you'd prefer--"

Chanyeol held up a hand to stop his husband from rambling on about spoiling him senseless, which in all honesty, felt really good and he was thankful for it all. "The lemongrass sounded good."

"You sure?" Yifan said, eyeing the other packs he had brought out, doubting the grocery lady as the seconds passed. "Maybe I should buy some more--"

"Don't," Chanyeol giggled, "I'll have the lemongrass, hyung. Don't worry about it."

"All right." Yifan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter